Search Unity

Northward - Co-op management game (co-op is live!!!)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by NemoriaKalle, Jul 25, 2014.

1. NemoriaKalle

NemoriaKalle

Hi everyone!

I'm really thrilled to finally show you what me and the team at Nemoria Entertainment have been working on!

nemoria_unity_banner.png
    pr_northward_scr_3.png pr_northward_scr_1.png
    pr_northward_scr_2.png

The game is a co-op management game and we just launched our Greenlight and Indiegogo campaign and we would love to hear what you think about it! There is both a pre-alpha demo and more footage available at the Indiegogo page so please head over there if you are interested.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

The game is of course made in Unity by the way. :)

2. Rob-Mills-Audio

Rob-Mills-Audio

I just played the alpha. This is really cool :)

3. NemoriaKalle

NemoriaKalle

Rob Mills Audio thanks, glad you liked it!

And forgot to say in the original post, if anybody has any questions about how to do stuff like this in Unity just ask away. :)

4. NemoriaKalle

NemoriaKalle

I was thinking about posting some dev-posts/examples in the near future about how I keep sprite-animated characters/objects in network sync and use some pretty basic techniques to make motions smooth without using loads of network updates.
    If there is any interest for stuff like that?

Nothing super advanced more of an introduction to network games where you control characters running around I guess.

Some of it would probably transfer over to 3d as well but the focus of my posts will be 2d stuff primarily.
    Or has the subject already been written about enough?

5. NemoriaKalle

NemoriaKalle

Looking for people to help me playtest the new co-op stuff before it goes live. Anybody interested in helping out?
    Thanks in advance! :)

6. NemoriaKalle

NemoriaKalle

The co-op demo is live just in time for the weekend! Grab a friend, some snacks and try it out right now! :)

Page with download links!

7. NemoriaKalle

NemoriaKalle

Just thought I'd cross post an update on the project here, sorry for it being bad news though... :(

Hi everyone, we wanted to give you all an update on what we have been up to. Unfortunately it's a bit of bad news. We have decided to stop work on Northward, at least for now. During the fall we talked to publishers and looked closely at where we wanted to go with the game and after that we were a bit torn. We wanted to make some fairly big changes to the game that we felt would make it a lot better but those changes would also make it a lot harder / take a lot longer for us to make it. In the end we couldn’t really agree on where we should go next so we decided to stop work at the company. Therefore we go our separate ways for now but remain very close friends. Sorry for taking so long to tell you.

Lastly and most importantly we want to say a very big thank you to you all for coming on this adventure with us, we really had a lot of fun and it’s in very big part thanks to you!

Ps. And who knows, maybe we will come back to the company one day and finish the game, no promises though. :) Ds.