Search Unity

Northern Shadow

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by UndeadButterKnife, May 29, 2014.

1. UndeadButterKnife

UndeadButterKnife

Snip

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Looks really good, well done. But I swear down I'm never using a Micheal O asset pack ever again. They're everywhere :D

3. Asmina

Asmina

This game does look very nice. It is micheal O's asset package though :p BUT as they say, "Why reinvent the wheel if its already made". Its matters on what you do with the package. And these guys made it look even better. Good job.

4. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Looks very nice :) Can I ask, how long did it take to get you to this point?

5. TheRaider

TheRaider

Looks awesome for the most part.

Can someone link to the micheal o assets? I am curious to look.

How did you do the buildings at the start, I liked how they were growing.

Good luck I wish I could do something that looks this nice. Not sure about the name though.

6. araikgingnagel

araikgingnagel

Your trailer is amazing! And your game looks too. But a question about the game: is there any sharable content for social media like Twitter and Facebook?

7. XilenceX

XilenceX

That game looks amazing already and I admire your ambition to combine RPG and Strategy elements, neither of which are easy to pull off on their own. :eek: I actually found your game on some news site, so it looks like it's getting the attention it deserves!

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Best thing to do is just modify them, swap out textures. Add little bits and pieces, you buy base line packs to prototype really and then start modifying parts when you're done with the core structure.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well it looks good anyway, I can appreciate the amount of time it takes to get to the point you're at.

10. Wolfos

Wolfos

Very ambitious, something different from the Flappy Bird clones we often see in these forums, that's for sure. It looks awesome.

11. GoldGamerGod

GoldGamerGod

Looks very good so far! Is there going to be a multiplayer or say co-op, or will it be singleplayer. Either way, sounds like it'll be a pretty cool game so far!

12. primus88

primus88

You game idea sounds awesome and the showcase video is good.
    My only concern is the end product. Combining RPG and RTS is an wesome idea on paper (i mean, for years is all I can dream of making one day) but in fact it's incredible hard to get the right quantity of each genre.

Too much of one would render the other feel shallow, or 'added as filling'. I remember some other games that tried it and sadly failed, reviewers saying that most systems felt shallow or the opposite, too complex.

Of course, this is the main problem that can arise so I wish you good luck and clear mind when ironing out the gameplay.
    I really hope this one succeeds.

13. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Wow! Congrats!

14. protopop

protopop

Congratulations with Steam:) Like someone else here i saw this in the news before here so your exposure's working:) My favorite scene is that grassy, flower hill leading down to the lake (so beautiful) .Whats interesting is that with many sims you end up with a kind of non-detailed looking world to walk through (if you can walk through them) but this is kind of like skyrim + rts.

The asset store is a god send. At first i was building all my assets from scratch. Eventually i realized thats impossible without a big team or budget, the great thing about asset store items is there are so many and you can mix and match them to create your own artistic style.

15. PixelHeadHD

PixelHeadHD

Absolutely stunning game, i have been waiting for a game like this to be made for a very long time, and its even better then what i expected it to be like (visually) #BestGameEver