Search Unity

noob ragdoll question :)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Bob Isme, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Bob Isme

Bob Isme

I can create a human ragdoll easily enough, my issue is turning this guy into a killer :D
    at first i thought i would associate the front legs and back legs as arms n legs etc, ergh incorrect (tried it with a T stand too :p )
    I have done a bit of browsing in regard to colliders and hinges to do the job for me, though i can find no utube info on creating a ragdoll using those features bar the wizard and i can't find the right info in my noob searching of the 'help' within unity. bar use colliders and hinges :)
    If someone could please point me in the right direction of how to ragdoll this guy up it would be most appreciated >.<
    sorry about the spam pics :D as much a 'look at me how cool am i' and a 'see what i'm trying to do' :)
    thanks again :)

skelx.png skelxskin.png

2. goonter

goonter

The wizard only works with a biped rig. Assuming you have a rig all set up for this guy, you'll have to manually add rigidbodies and character joints to each bone and connect them correctly. I suggest running the wizard on a biped rig to see what it does to connect everything, then use that as a guideline to set your many legged creature up manually.

Bob Isme likes this.
  3. Bob Isme

Bob Isme

cheers started on it :D