Search Unity

NoesisGUI : XAML-based User Interface [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sfernandez, Jul 23, 2013.

1. jdesantos

jdesantos

We just released a new beta of NoesisGUI v1.2

We are near the final release. Please, help us with the feedback.

By the way, this is the version that will support the Playmake ractions we are going to release in the incoming days.

Cheers!

2. jdesantos

jdesantos

3. jdesantos

jdesantos

4. Exeneva

Exeneva

You mention 50% off. So does that mean the normal price is $250? Very interested in buying, but I would prefer to wait for a sale.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  5. jdesantos

jdesantos

Hi Exeneva,

Yes, $250 is our regular price.

6. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

7. Elecman

Elecman

I just bought NoesisGUI and are toying around with it. But I can't figure out how I can translate and rotate shapes.

I am calling this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. circleRotateTransform = circle.GetRenderTransform().As<Noesis.RotateTransform>();
    2. circleTranslateTransform = circle.GetRenderTransform().As<Noesis.TranslateTransform>();
    But that returns null because there is no transform in the XAML:

I made the XAML in InkScape. Is there some setting so I can get the transform in there, or is there another way to translate / rotate shapes?

Note that modifying the xaml files by hand is no option as this will involve thousands of changes. Also, the animation can not be coded into the xaml file as it is for realtime aircraft instrumentation.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  8. jdesantos

jdesantos

Hi!

Do you mind posting this at our forums (http://forums.noesisengine.com/)? We are trying to centralize all the knowledge there.

Also, if you validate your account, you could download v1.2 (right now in beta) that incorporate many improvements to the c# API (among other things you no longer need to use the As<T> operator).

Thanks!

9. sfernandez

sfernandez

Hi,

By default all UI elements have an identity transform object in its RenderTransform property.
    If you want to apply another kind of transform you can create a new one for that element:

Code (csharp):
    1. Noesis.TransformGroup group = new Noesis.TransformGroup();
    2. group.GetChildren().Add(new Noesis.RotateTransform(angle));
    3. group.GetChildren().Add(new Noesis.TranslateTransform(x, y));
    4. circle.SetRenderTransform(group);
    5. circle.SetRenderTransformOrigin(new Noesis.Point(0.5f, 0.5f));
    Hope this helps.

10. Elecman

Elecman

Thanks, I will move over to the noesisengine forum now.

11. jdesantos

jdesantos

Thanks!

12. jdesantos

jdesantos

Today we released v1.2 RC2. We expect to hit the final release next week, just before the GDC.

So, only a few days left to buy noesisGUI at 50% off

http://u3d.as/55A

13. movra

movra

About the NoesisGUI + uFrame integration I can say that the Noesis team have delivered their part. NoesisGUI 1.2 RC works with the necessary WPF and MVVM classes such as ObservableCollection, PropertyChangedEventArgs and NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs.

On uFrame's side the integration is not fully complete yet and requires some fixes and changes to both the public Core and closed-sourced code generator. You can kinda make the integration work by using my branch of the uFrame Core and following the steps described here: http://www.noesisengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=628

That said, there are other benefits from the integration. Because of the increased compliance with WPF in Noesis 1.2 you will generally be able to follow the official WPF/MVVM workflow and syntax. That is a big improvement over older versions that depended more on NoesisGUI's own particular syntax.

I'd recommend taking advantage of the 50% discount for NoesisGUI if you have Unity Pro, are familiar with WPF and XAML (or willing to learn about them) and the Unity UI doesn't meet your needs.

14. jdesantos

jdesantos

Thanks for the good comments movra.

Effectively, less than 24 hours to take advantage of the 50% discount!

15. movra

movra

16. AaronClark

AaronClark

NoesisGUI is a great GUI system and now with the uFrame integration taking place it is even better, thanks go out to both developers for the effort they put into these tools. For people on the fence about NoesisGUI that might think the price is steep you have to consider that this is on the same level as Scaleform and that unlike Scaleform you only need one license to cover all platforms.

17. sfernandez

sfernandez

We had some trouble with the new Asset Store submission tools so we have a small delay. But the package is already submitted and changes will be reflected soon.

18. daeuk

daeuk

getting this error on unity 5.

Multiple plugins with the same name 'noesis' (found at 'Assets/Plugins/x86_64/Noesis.dll' and 'Assets/Editor/NoesisGUI/BuildTool/Noesis.dll'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.

Can I remove one?

19. jdesantos

jdesantos

Hi!

We are yet not compatible with Unity5. Please give us a few more time to release a Unity5 compatible plugin.

Meanwhile, I recommend that you register an account at out forum to track the state.

Thanks!

20. jdesantos

jdesantos

21. daeuk

daeuk

Oh I forgot to mention it was using 64-bit editor

22. sfernandez

sfernandez

If you install the 32-bit editor it is possible to try NoesisGUI in Unity 5 right now, to have a glance at the product.

You would need to rename the plugin dlls in the x86 folder to avoid the multiple plugins error. For example:

"Assets/Plugins/x86/Noesis_.dll"
    "Assets/Plugins/x86/tbb_.dll"​

And when you generate a Windows x86 standalone, remember to rename back to the original name both dlls in the deployment folder.

This is temporal until we release a fully compatible Unity 5 package.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Is Unity 5 compatibility fixed in version 1.2 ?

If so, how can we have access to this version, it is not in the store.

Thanks

PS. Is the $45 price the new price for the pack ? I recall it was $250 before, has anything changed in features etc or is it until full Unity 5 version is out ?

EDIT: I managed to log in the forums with my account (artengame) and when i click in v1.2 it says i am not authrized to download the pack. Is there something i have to do to enable it ?

24. jdesantos

jdesantos

Almost. Yes in Windows. A few problems in rest of platforms we expect to solve in 1.2.2.

http://www.noesisengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=652&start=20#p3690

Right now, this development version can only be accessed by verified customers at our website.

http://www.noesisengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=474

We changed a bit our policy. The latest version can be bought at our website, as before, and with similar prices. The version in the Asset Store is a version of noesisGUI offered at a very cheap cost. It is normally an older version. As soon as we start to work in v1.3, v1.2 will be posted in the Asset Store, and so on.

Yes, you need a valid license. Did you buy in the Asset Store? Is affirmative, you need to send us the invoice number of the purchase.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the clarifications

I plan to use it for an Android project, so i will wait for the 1.2.2 in that case

I have got it from the store, i PM the invoice, do i have to enter it in the site too somewhere ?

Also will the customers that got Noesis at full cost have access to the one in your store, the full version ? Will it be possible at some point to access the full 250$ version from the asset store ?

Also does the one license per project (metioned on your store) apply to the older customers that got the full version from the Unity store ?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  26. jdesantos

jdesantos

Thanks for the PM. I have redirected the information to the person in charge.

Yes, as soon as we validate your purchase you will have access to all the versions directly from our site. Also, as soon as this version becomes stable we will release it on the Unity Asset Store.

Packages downloaded from the store are licensed "per seat". This also applies to people who got verified at our forums.

Thanks!

27. jdesantos

jdesantos

Account verified! I sent you a PM.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks

29. jdesantos

jdesantos

GibTreaty and schmosef like this.
  30. PAEvenson

PAEvenson

Eta on noesis site coming back online?

31. jdesantos

jdesantos

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  32. StealThePixels

StealThePixels

Hi,i am interested in this plugin for my game which is for Windows 8.1/10 and Windows Phone 8.1/10

Will it allow me to show an Xaml file with a WebViewControl , which just shows a web page?
    When the user clicks on a link inside the web page, will the URL be opened in a browser window?

33. jdesantos

jdesantos

34. jdesantos

jdesantos

35. michaljabrzyk

michaljabrzyk

Assets/Plugins/NoesisGUI/Scripts/Core/NoesisUIRenderer.cs(389,77): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.GameObject.camera' is obsolete: `Property camera has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Camera>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)'
    Unity 5 .1.1f1 64bit

Someone tell me WTH? 0_o

36. jdesantos

jdesantos

The free version in the Asset Store (1.1) is a bit old and not compatible with Unity 5. We plan to release noesisGUI 1.2 (compatible with Unity 5.x) for free in the Asset Store as soon as 1.3 is out.

Meanwhile, do not hesitate contacting us for getting a 1.2 Trial.

Thanks!

37. jdesantos

jdesantos

38. Inspeinre

Inspeinre

Hello! How can i download
    Version 2.0.1?

39. jdesantos

jdesantos

Sorry for the delay. It is already available in our download section.

Inspeinre likes this.
  40. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

I noticed activity has fallen off to next to nothing. Is Noesisgui still a thing? Or is it abandonware?

41. jdesantos

jdesantos

42. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

the same could be said, for you to post an update for your customers here...

43. jdesantos

jdesantos

Well, the second link (about getting the latest version) in the main post redirects to our website.

But anyways, yes, my apologies for my answer. I think I didn't like the term "abandonware" and I overreacted. I also apologized to David in our forums.

44. jdesantos

jdesantos

NoesisGUI is a complex enough project to be handled in a single thread here. Please, jump to our forums to discuss about whatever you need.

http://forums.noesisengine.com/

Thanks!

schmosef likes this.
  45. jdesantos

jdesantos

46. schmosef

schmosef

Great job! I'm glad that this asset is still maintained.

47. jdesantos

jdesantos

Yes, we never stopped working on this. And the team is bigger. Everything is happening now at our forums.

48. jashan

jashan

Do you have support for full 3D UIs? In VR, it's fun to have buttons consisting of several layers with a small UI offset to give it a bit of depth. This does not require arbitrary shapes (like e.g. curved UIs) but it does require the ability to easily draw on different z-layers. Curved UIs are fun, too, of course ... are those supported?

49. jdesantos

jdesantos

VR support to implement things like z-layers is coming in the next version. Right now you need to use render to texture.

50. litefindr

litefindr

When your 2.2 version will be uploaded to Unity Asset Store?