Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

No playmaker support for unity 5 and webgl export ? what a pity !!!

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by cmvrgr, Nov 2, 2014.

1. cmvrgr

cmvrgr

Will you support playmaker in webgl ? Webgl is the only that matters to update to unity 5.

I found a post in playmakers forum below:

Have a look at.... http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8691.0

Unity 5 WebGL - Playmaker

« on: October 31, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »

I am trying to use Playmaker to export to webGL in Unity 5 beta. It's all too new and shiny to work well togethor so it errors when I try to create a build

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

I tried both the release version and the beta version of Playmaker but each gave the same error. I have posted the bug to Playmaker support but posting here just in case anyone else knows of this or has indeed solved it before. Cheers

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Support goes the other way around. Playmaker has to support Unity 5.

aimozs2 and shkar-noori like this.
  3. cmvrgr

cmvrgr

This is too complicated. One forum says that unity has to support it (to convert playmaker commands to webgl), now in unity's forum you say that Hutton Games should.

I remember a lot of members that was arguing about flash export that it was a problem of unity and not playmakers.

I hope someone from unity support to give a responsible answer !!!

4. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Is it a DLL? I had the same problem (without webgl, just in editor), because a DLL was exported for .net 4 instead of 3.5 or something like that.

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

The onus is on the asset maker to make sure that his asset works properly with Unity.

If a bug is preventing it he should find out and make a bug report.

nintari likes this.
  6. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

No, it really isn't. You just have to apply a little bit of logical reasoning.

If it is a third party product, then it is the responsibility of the developer of that product to maintain support for new versions of Unity.
    If it is a built-in feature, THEN it's the responsibility of Unity to maintain support.

aimozs2 and MrEsquire like this.
  7. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

We've been working with Unity to support Playmaker in WebGL. They approached us to make sure the WebGL exporter supported all the features needed by Playmaker (the main one being basic reflection support, which was the problem with the Flash exporter). Unity announced that the WebGL exporter works with Playmaker at Unite. I think there may be problems with the latest Unity/Playmaker betas, but we'll get them sorted out asap...

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Bear in mind Unity 5 isn't released so being all pitchforky is just a little wild :)

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  9. kryptopath2

kryptopath2

10. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I've replied on the other thread, but I'll add some information here as well. It looks like the PlayMaker code is accessing UnityEngine.NetworkPlayer, which is not supported in the WebGL build.

I see code like this in a number of places where NetworkPlayer is used:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #if !(UNITY_FLASH || UNITY_NACL || UNITY_METRO || UNITY_WP8)
    I think that just needs to change to add UNITY_WEGL as another exclusion:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #if !(UNITY_FLASH || UNITY_NACL || UNITY_METRO || UNITY_WP8 || UNITY_WEBGL)
    I'm not too familiar with PlayMaker though, so I might be missing something.

11. grimmy

grimmy

Phew. I'm glad I stumbled upon this post today, as I was the reporter of the original error. I'm glad to hear that the Playmaker guys are on the case. Awesome as ever. Thank you!!!

..and thanks too Josh for the clue. I'll try this tonight if I get a chance. Cheers

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  12. grimmy

grimmy

Actually, I just tried it and it seems that the latest Playmaker beta 1.8 already has those exclusions throughout the code, but the build still fails.

13. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can provide the full Editor.log or submit a bug with an example project so that I can have a look at the cause of the build failure? If you do submit a bug, please reply with the bug number here. Thanks.

14. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Please import Assets/PlayMaker/Versions/PlayMakerNACL.unitypackage
    That version has networking stripped from the dll.
    However, I still ran into problems with the latest beta.
    Will submit a bug report...

15. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks Alex. I did try the NACL package for that reason, but I ran into a few unrelated problems and I did not investigate them further. Please let me know the bug number, and I'll have a look at it.

16. grimmy

grimmy

I submitted the project in a bug report to Unity/You a few days ago but I have no idea of the bug number sorry :
    (.

The editor log can be found at my original post at : http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8691.0

I can re-send the project/bug report again if required. Let me know.
    Cheers

17. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@grimmy I have not been able to find your bug report in our system, sorry. Can you please submit a bug again, along with a repro project and PlayMaker 1.8? Thanks.

18. grimmy

grimmy

Okay, that's sent. Apologies for the delay. I haven't received a bug number yet though but the bug is from simon at pigobo dot com

Edit: case # 645839

19. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

There is no need to apologize! The bug number is 645839. We will have a look, thanks!

hippocoder likes this.
  20. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@grimmy I think that most things are working with PlayMake and WebGL now. Using the project in bug 645839 and the PlayMakerNACL.unitypackage that Alex suggested above, the networking code is not a problem. I do see some references to ProceduralMaterial in the PlayMaker code still though. We're not supporting ProceduralMaterial in WebGL (for now). Once I removed those references, everything was fine from the PlayMaker end.

This project is also using Easy Save 2, which seems to have a problem related to AudioClip.GetData. I'm still investigating this part of the bug.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  21. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

So it seems that AudioClip.GetData will not work with WebGL either, so Easy Save 2 will likely need to change to work with WebGL as well.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  22. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Hi Josh,

I submitted a minimal Playmaker project that I still couldn't get to compile: 646180
    I got a bunch of python errors that sounding familiar from the forums, so maybe it's a local setup problem.
    I'll search the forums... but let me know if you're able to build that project on your end...

Thanks!

23. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Alex,

Your test project built without a problem for me using WebGL. II've tried with the latest code that is in 5.0b13 (yet to be released) and with 5.0b11. So this might point to a specific problem on your machine. Can you build an empty project for WebGL? Thanks.

24. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Nope, it fails on an empty project. It hangs on Compiling Scripts... It seems to hang the whole system and I have to reboot.
    I tried deleting ".emscripten_cache" as suggested in another thread, but that didn't help.
    I've installed many of the 5.0 betas, and have been able to build before...
    What else can I try?

(Good to know that the Playmaker project builds for you!)

25. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

I got WebGL builds working. I completely uninstalled all previous betas and re-installed the latest version and it now works. I'll let you know if I run into any other issues...

JoshPeterson likes this.
  26. grimmy

grimmy

Okay, thank you all! Hopefully the Unity update gets released soon :) Although I'm trying with NACLnow.

EDIT. I tried to import the Playmaker NACL into the project but the Unity Editor Stopped Working. I have submitted a bug/ the same project again for this- case: 646754
    :(

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  27. grimmy

grimmy

In addition, since installing the NACL dll, whenever I load my project I can no longer edit Playmaker FSMs and even without the project running I get an infinite series of errors. See attached screen shot. upload_2014-11-11_6-31-29.png

The only way I've found to prevent the continuous loop of errors is to re-import the playmaker defualt package.

28. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Please submit a bug: Main Menu > Playmaker > Tools > Submit Bug Report
    This will give us more info on your setup.
    Please copy paste any other errors in your console.

EDIT: Also please start a thread in the Playmaker Beta Group. Thanks!

29. grimmy

grimmy

I sent a bunch of emails to the Playmaker Beta test group and reported the bug. I tried a few different ways to build wedGL and I get errors at every turn :( I attached the latest editor log to the last email but I have attached here too ..

Attached Files:

30. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Just to update this thread, it looks like the problem is with addons that are not Unity 5 compatible yet. We're working on making all official addons compatible with Unity 5 asap. Third party addons will need to be updated by their authors (but feel free to post on the Playmaker forums so we can help).

NOTE: If you make addons for Playmaker please PM me for access to the Playmaker Beta to test Unity 5 compatibility.

theANMATOR2b and hopeful like this.