Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No Heroes - A realistic multiplayer FPS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by eskovas, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TehWut

TehWut

Looking great as always! I don't know what else to say :p

2. eskovas

eskovas

New Update #24

Changes in this Update:
    - New Weapon Sight (ACOG);
    - Death Notification System;
    - Animation when falling from a greater height;
    - Improved Recoil System;
    - Test Map at night;
    - New system for changing firing type (Single, Burst, Auto);
    - New and more enhanced parkour system;
    - This system also allows to jump through windows;
    - LOD now works on multiplayer;
    - Many Small bug fixes and improvements;

3. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Amazing! Now all you need is a killer story! :)

4. eskovas

eskovas

Well we are now going for multiplayer only, maybe after the multiplayer we will make the singleplayer.

5. Torsh

Torsh

Nice textures and skybox. :)

6. eskovas

eskovas

@Torsh
    Thanks

We are now working on the ability to go prone, making more animations when landing from higher falls and also creating the new multiplayer map :)

7. TehWut

TehWut

You need to give beta acess to Unity forum members first please!!!

btw....Are you getting rid of that awesome weapon sway? it seems in your newest video the weapon doesn't sway when you move as much as the old ones.

8. Brainvibe

Brainvibe

This is my first post here in Unity community, and I'm amazed for the brilliant projects that people are creating with unity, which makes me more motivated to learn this brilliant tool. Regarding this project just have to say awesome job guys! This game is looking very good! And it's nice to know that we have some dedicated and talented developers in Portugal ;)

I just hope i can make a project like that in the future :) (probably I'm going to bother you guys with tons of questions :p) A big Kudos to Unity Community and keep us updated with this promising FPS :) Cheers!

9. lee74saurusr3x

lee74saurusr3x

That old weapon sway was way overkill IMO. I can say that I have shot my fair share of guns, walking and standing still and that old sway was way more than it should have been.

10. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

Beta Keys!!! That would be amazing. :) haha i love this game already. Keep it up!

11. eskovas

eskovas

Thanks for the comments and feedback :)

I just posted a new video!

Speed Modelling of the new weapon M40A5!

Hope you enjoy :)

12. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  13. eskovas

eskovas

@ xxxDjdogxxx
    maybe in the future we'll make the RPG-7.

Here is the M40A5 finnished with texture:

Hope you like the finnished results
    Btw, this is in Blender not Unity.

14. eskovas

eskovas

New Weapon Sight!

The Handgun you saw in previous updates will also be back in the next update with all new animations.
    I fixed the transition between animations in the parkour system, making it smoother.
    We are also making more animations to more actions, making the game feel more imersive.

15. eskovas

eskovas

New Video Update #25!

Changes in this Update:
    - New handgun and new animations,
    - Fake ambient occlusion on the feet,
    - Improved parkour system,
    - More animations to more actions,
    - New weapon sight,
    - New death screen,
    - Improved recoil,
    - New sniper,
    - Fall damage,
    - Many improvements and bug fixes.

16. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

17. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

In Blender, how do you get it so you can "Draw" the edge/vertices. I saw that it seemed like you were making your own edges. Maybe I'm wrong. Also I've been meaning to ask what you guys do for sounds for the game. Your models always look so nice and I'm pretty much teaching myself.

18. eskovas

eskovas

I extrude the vertices to "draw" some parts of the object

19. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Oh, that makes sense, thanks.
    So as long as this isn't a secret :)... how did you go about modeling the human. Did you start with a basemesh and work up, or did you make it all by yourself.It looks very nice and I'm having trouble with it so I'm asking.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  20. eskovas

eskovas

New Reflex Sight!

I decided to ramp up the overall quality of the objects, compared to previous objects :)

What do you think?

21. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Looks pretty! :)

22. TehWut

TehWut

very jealous!

23. thesaint1987

thesaint1987

Certainly some good work so far ;). See you are starting at a totally different part of the game, I plan on doing this weapon/animation stuff as the last part (basically, because its important yes, but it is also kinda standard; first I am doing something really new). So what intruiges me right now is, what is special about your game ;)?! Are you just going to create yet another FPS for fun, or do you plan on something new? So the original question is, if it was for free, then never mind. But seems more like you want to sell it. So why would someone want to buy exactly YOUR game :)?!

24. manguy59

manguy59

Would you guys be looking to add someone to the team by any chance because I have watched all of the updates and they are great I like the animations and things that you are laying on the table so I am wondering if you guys are looking to expand the team at all because I would love to help out with some basic concepts of the game.

I am mainly a storyboard writer however I can also do an ameteur amount of landscape design and I have been trying to learn how to do moderate to advanced 3d modelling. So if I can't help you out with creating a story mode or campaign for your game then I might be able to create you a pretty decent map.

If you are interested PM me or e-mail me at yodog88@gmail.com

Thank You and best of luck on the rest of the game pieces

P.S. @ thesaint1987 I would definitely buy this game because of the fact that it is one of the better FPS games that I have seen created on Unity so far I mean the guns look pretty good and the animations are awesome all they need now is a decent storyline some Multiplayer modes and maybe a whole new game mode and then they will have something that I would vote to be in the top games powered by Unity.

25. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Looks nice, your talents far surpass me. I'm trying to teach a friend so he can become my modeler and he can one day be better than me.

26. lee74saurusr3x

lee74saurusr3x

They're good friends and aren't looking for anyone else to join, so unless this has changed, they're going to say no to you wanting to join.

27. eskovas

eskovas

We didn't actually started by doing the weapons/animations/graphics first. If you check our first video updates, we started by creating gameplay and we still are working very hard on the gameplay, we just feel that the gameplay is advanced enough to start making weapons/attachments/maps etc.
    We are trying to innovate, by making gameplay elements you don't usually see in a game, and the game is still far from finnished. You can expect many more video updates as we advance in the development.

28. eskovas

eskovas

Thanks for the offer but we are really not looking for anyone to join our team right now.
    Also thanks for the kind words :) We are very happy that many people are enjoying our game development.

29. eskovas

eskovas

Here is a 'little' update.

-I'm working on the new shotgun system, and also working on the two new shotguns for the next update. The poll we posted last week on facebook was very popular, with the AA-12 shotgun to be the top weapon chosen by our fans with 67 votes so far.
    -I also added a pass-by effect for the bullet, so you can hear if a bullet passes near you.
    -I'm also working on more parkour features like climbing over tall objects.

Luís is working on the new multiplayer map that will be in the multiplayer alpha. It's going to be much bigger and diverse than our test map. We are thinking that the map will support a number between 16-32 players.

Now here's a little bad news, there won't be a video update this week. We are having the finals exams, so there isn't much time to work on the game. Hope you guys understand.

But don't worry, we will be posting Speed Modelling videos of the two new shotguns ( AA-12 - Chosen by our fans, and the Benelli M4 Super 90- Chosen by us).

Anyway, keep those suggestions and ideas coming :)
    We always appreciate feedback.

30. Dark5tar1

Dark5tar1

Do you have a web player demo available?

31. eskovas

eskovas

Not yet. We are still adding features, improving graphics, making the multiplayer map and the multiplayer system.
    We will launch an alpha multiplayer in the future for people to test and give feedback :)

32. Dark5tar1

Dark5tar1

I hope it comes whenever you can. The game looks great.

33. soulis6

soulis6

The graphics, physics, and animations all look great, probably the most fluid FPS i've seen in Unity so far, but do you have any details about how the actual game will play? That's the first think I personally look for whenever i see new FPS projects, and I haven't seen anything posted about it so far. Stuff like is the multiplayer gameplay just deathmatch? Limited lives, infinite lives? Are there objectives? Anything to distinguish it apart from the hundreds (if not more) of other modern shooters out there?

34. eskovas

eskovas

New Speed modelling video with a special announcement!

Want to help our game development?
    Click on this link to donate :
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3V9P3NPXCRPS8

- If you donate more than 5$, you will receive a game prize acording to your donation amount when the game launches;
    - If you donate more than 50$ you will have your name in the contributers section of the game;
    - The first 100 people that donates more than 10$ will have exclusive access to the pre-alpha.

35. Duskling

Duskling

Dont mean to be rude, but the AA12 has a cylindrical magazine.

36. SevenBits

SevenBits

You ought to add one. This is one of the better Unity FPS games I've seen, no doubt about it.

37. jeremy97

jeremy97

Dont mean to be rude, but the AA12 has both types of magazine.

38. Yoman282

Yoman282

:O The game looks very interesting. Can't wait for the game to be finished!

And, good job on making the game.

39. eskovas

eskovas

Thanks everyone :)

The AA-12 has both magazines, i'll make the cilindrical one in the future when i extend the weapon customization.

Thanks, that really means alot :)

40. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Wow, amazing! I wish I could model that well!

41. eskovas

eskovas

I forgot to tell here that the donation's top priority is Unity Pro!
    We really want to get it, it would really help us with the game development and the game's overall quality.
    If anyone wants to donate, we really appreciate, and read our previous post to see the prizes you get :)

42. eskovas

eskovas

Hello everyone!

We are making a few changes to the Pre-Alpha/Alpha.
    Now both Pre-Alpha and Alpha multiplayer will be closed to the public.

Here are the new changes:

- The first 50 people that donate more than 10$ will have exclusive access to the Pre-Alpha multiplayer.
    - The first 150 people that donate more than 10$ will have exclusive access to the Alpha multiplayer.

We decided to do this way since we are getting fewer donations than expected, and we don't feel we have the means to make an Open Alpha multiplayer.
    The rest of the prizes will stay the same as annouced in the previous post.

Now here's some statistics:

- Our primary objective with the donations is to get Unity Pro, and with the current donations, we have about 7% of what we need to aquire it.
    - There are currently 9 people accepted for the Closed Pre-Alpha and Alpha multiplayer.

We like to remember our fans to donate not for the prizes but to help us make a better game. The prizes are a bonus of your generosity and we really appreciate that we have fans that see a future in our game :)

Hope you understand why we made this changes, and keep supporting!

Check our facebook for details.

43. eskovas

eskovas

New Shotgun!
    Benelli M4

New speed modelling video will be up by tomorrow!

What do you think about this new shotgun?

44. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Oooohh, I love this shotgun. Looks very nice!

45. eskovas

eskovas

New Speed Modelling video of the Benelli M4!

Check it out :

46. SevenBits

SevenBits

I wish I knew someone with those modeling skills...

47. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Hey, the shotgun is looking nice and I've enjoyed the gradual development of the game. It is really annoying though to see all of the people on youtube arguing about the poly count when most of them don't really seem to know what they are talking about.

Great Progress,
    Bennet

48. ivanzu

ivanzu

Good progress what do you guys use to record the videos(Speed modeling,gameplay)?

49. eskovas

eskovas

@Pikrat
    Thanks, and i agree with you, many people don't understand what they are talking when talking about the polycount in objects.
    In comparison, if you look at Battlefield3 (an example), the weapons have huge detail, many more than 3000 polygons.

@ivanzu
    Thanks, We use FRAPS to record.

50. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

And something tells me I won't need a GTX 680 to run your game on Ultra. Thats not a bad thing, I'm just saying it looks like you guys are really putting a lot of time behind the scenes to optimize it. (Not to say BF3 is un-optimized, but I should probably stop talking.)

All in all, great job and it will be more than obvious to see you've made a great game when it's finished,
    Bennet