Search Unity

No callback on Social.Loadusers for iOS [5.3.1 --> 5.4.0b2]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Amir-Ward, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Amir-Ward

Amir-Ward

An integral part to most of my mobile games is the ability to load user information on a leaderboard. Ever since 5.3.1 the call back for LoadUsers(string[] userIDs, Action<IUserProfile[]> callback); has ceased to function on iOS. It works fine for Android.

I reported the bug on 5.3.1 (Case 757985) along with many other users but the issue is still being ignored. This is a critical issue, as I have titles that have been sitting in wait for this problem to be fixed before I can ship.

Please Please Please shine some light on this case as it is killing me, any suggestions on a work around would also be greatly appreciated

2. JTJam

JTJam

Hi,
    I'm having the exact same issue here, and this is also critical for us cause it's blocking us to release an update to our game...Could you provide a link to the bug Case 757985 you mentioned?

Thanks!

3. Amir-Ward

Amir-Ward

4. JTJam

JTJam

5. majman

majman

6. JTJam

JTJam

No, still no word from Unity, the two issues are still opened... I wonder how we could draw their attention to the Social API, looks like it's falling appart.

7. sk8er8921

sk8er8921

Having the same problem here. Callback function not getting called at all. All other aspects of Social seem to be working though.

8. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

Which version of Unity are you using? I remember there were bug reports wrt. LoadUsers being not called at least a half year ago, but the bug has been fixed around that time frame. I can't reproduce this issue on either 5.3, 5.4 or 5.5.

Note that there exists a similar issue of "ILeaderboard.LoadScores won't call callback if SetUsersFilter is called" which I recently fixed, but the fix has not yet been released. There was confusion with regards to this in at least one bug report.

If you verified that this is indeed a problem with Social.LoadUsers, I would like to look into your setup. Could you please submit a bug report with a reproduction project attached?