Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Nix moderator approval requirements on Unity Answers

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by atr0phy, Nov 18, 2014.

1. atr0phy

atr0phy

I have seen no proper section to post this in (both here and in Feedback) so this is where I'll post. Relocate it at your leisure, mods.

Honestly, I think requiring moderator approval in Unity Answers for both questions and answers, though curiously not for comments, is a bit absurd. I have been seeing multiple users getting annoyed at the fact that their question has been rejected, without them being so much as notified that it was, let alone why. What's the point of having a voting system if the mods are filtering stuff out before it even hits the site? Since Answers is basically a direct clone of the StackExchange format, it may behoove you folks at Unity to get in touch with the mods over there; I'm sure they can explain how and why that system works so nicely.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm being critical, but I personally find it aggravating that we all have to jump through hoops just to get/give any help around here.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

New users on Answers will always have their questions moderated. That's how the site works. If a new user has a question rejected, they can see that in their public profile. If new users don't bother to read the FAQ that explains how the site works, then I don't think they have any right to complain. Any user with a certain amount of karma can moderate new user questions.

I personally think that StackExchange users are way more restrictive about what questions can be submitted. I'd love for our moderators to reject more poorly worded questions.

AnswersHub isn't a clone of StackExchange.

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Moderation is necessary because of spam and other inappropriate posts. Once you have enough karma (which takes what, one or two upvotes), then you're no longer subject to moderation.

--Eric

4. meat5000

meat5000

One. One upvote.

Oh NOOOOOOOEEEESSSS! HOWEVER WILL WE ACHIEVE THAT!

If we didn't have moderation UA would be spam attacked, totally. I've seen users get through moderation only to later revert their answer to a spam-entry via Edit! And yes, I've learned to spot those so now they are nipped in the bud.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014