Search Unity

old

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by zerotolerance, Oct 28, 2014.

1. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Features:

• 80's setting
    • High resolution pixel graphics with hundreds of frames per character
    • Complete RPG style level up and experience points system
    • Freedom to move around the level maps
    • On screen hit point system showing damage
    • On screen text for dialogue and in-game cutscenes
    • Full weapons system allowing you to pick up, store and equip weapons

We've been working hard on refining all aspects of the game. Hope you like what you currently see. Alpha demo is complete. We're working on the trailer to launch the Kickstarter so we can get development kits for PS4, Wii U etc.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. JerksOfAmerica

JerksOfAmerica

looks awesome

3. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like it.

4. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Excellent. Reminds me of the Streets of Rage series on Genesis with upgraded graphics. Looks like a fun game.

5. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme

I really like your art style, reminds me of SNK. The moves look fun, and the attention to detail in the backgrounds is nice. The walking sequence on your mohawk dude looks a little off to me for some reason. Maybe that's his character? I dunno, nice work though.

6. Awss

Awss

ah street of rage,
    add this boss theme

7. Masy3d

Masy3d

Can we have some blood with those punches and kicks :)

8. zenGarden

zenGarden

The ennemies animations are too robotic, i mean it's minimum animation work just moving legs and some little things as result it's robotic. Only the hero have great animations. I don't see the metroid factor as there is no map, and no level up health or powers, and its plays and looks like Final Fight instead.

But the game looks good and could be promising.

9. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Sorry, for the late reply. It's been a busy weekend.

Thanks, glad you like it. There's also a bunch of new game mechanics, but this can't be seen in the alpha gameplay video yet. The next one should show more.

Thanks! I will pass on your praise to the artists. It might be the frame timing since we spent all the time working on the main character's frame timings. I think he might be moving faster than his walking animation. But if it still looks off, we will definately change it.

Haha, that would be cool. Hopefully you'll like the boss music created for the game!

Thinking about it. The plan was to have blood for weapons instead, which hasn't been implemented either.

Thanks for the comment. As above, we haven't had a chance to tweak the frame timings for the enemies. Early days yet. If it still doesn't look right we will tweak it. Just basic alpha gameplay so far. We implemented most of the map today which you access via the pause screen, but we still need more background to work with. All the powers are currently unlocked. More metroidvania style gameplay will be shown in the official gameplay trailer in the future.

10. N1warhead

N1warhead

I could never figure out how to do art like that, I respect it!!!!!

That's a way harder skill than 3d art if you ask me!

Looks like an amazing game!

11. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Thanks! The character artist really appreciates the feedback. We've reworked about half the animations for the main character. A new video should be up soon.

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

This brings back old memories, great memories from games like Streets of Rage :)
    Good job! I really love the animations style and also the art!
    It's just epic, I can not wait to test it out! :)

13. laurelhach

laurelhach

Double Dragon, Golden Axe :)
    Continu your great work! :)

14. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Updated with new 4 minute gameplay video. Hope you enjoy! We're getting very close to the Kickstarter launch!

15. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Do you mind sharing your high level animation process? To me these look like 3D. If they aren't BRAVO to the 2D animators! Definitely more difficult if these animations are totally hand drawn each frame.
    If straight 2D - What are the tools the animators are using, Photoshop, After Effects, Spine, Uni2D, Spriter? :)

Thanks - great work.

16. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

It's a mix between hand drawn and 3d. If you check out the process for KOFXIII, it's pretty similar. I haven't asked the artist what tools specifically, but I'll see if I can find out.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  17. nipoco

nipoco

Very nice.
    I love old school brawler and I love the 80's vibe too.

18. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Thanks. I've added our Kickstarter trailer. We should be launching May 15th!

19. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Looks very nice but it definitely isn't a metroidvania. That's very specific in that it has to be side on exploration platform game (ie metroid or castlevania style). Yours is a side scrolling beat em up in the style of streets of rage with RPG elements - which I like a lot btw :)

I mention it because it's misleading, and that will bring trolls out ;)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  20. AthosK

AthosK

Wow awesome! For a second I tried to insert a coin :p
    Really love it! The art reminds so much of KOF! I'll be keeping an eye or two (or three) on it!

21. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Hey, no problem and thanks for the kind words. I know what you're saying, but I think the game has elements from the metroidvania style, just not on a completely flat plane. As you can see in the image below:

If that's the worst thing we get trolled about, I'll be okay with it, haha.

Thanks! The campaign mode is different to anything you've played before, but the planned arcade mode would be like the games of old.

AthosK likes this.
  22. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Here's a few minute gameplay video:

23. zenGarden

zenGarden

It just lack ennemies variations like tall ones, big muscles ones, tiny ones , and ennemies with eapons.
    The hit effects, specially with the guitar are too simplistic looking, some particle effects option would look lot better.

Will it be like metroid areas unlocking as you progress and you can travel between some level points (teleport or taxi system ) and come back to unlock new areas later ?

The game looks great.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  24. zerotolerance

zerotolerance

Thanks! Sure, all coming in the future. There's going to be at least 18 unique enemies.

Yep, sure will!

Kickstarter launching in 9PM central!

25. zerotolerance

zerotolerance