Search Unity

New Warning showing up "GI output for input system:"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by artysta, Jul 23, 2015.

1. nt314p

nt314p

Same problem. I created a new directional light and then it fixed the problem for one build.

Tactical_Beard likes this.
  2. SirKruc

SirKruc

Same.
    I might be late to this and there might already be a solution (I didn't read everything either), but I have another 'clue':

When I load another scene, there is this dark matter everywhere, while running in play mode and end that going back to the starting scene. I have everything black in the first scene as well.

However, when I put a lot of torches together, let's say ten, at the place I spawn, it doesn't happen.

3. martibergoglio

martibergoglio

Same problem here...i just finished Survival Shooter tutorial and find this issue. Someone fixed it yet? Did the new Update to 5.2.3 work on that issue?

4. BtCCCY

BtCCCY

In unity 5.2.3, still having the same problem.

5. Tactical_Beard

Tactical_Beard

My second scene was a video so I removed the directional light. I got this warning and like SirKruc it screwed up the light in the next scene while playing in the editor (light was fine in the build but with the warning). I fixed it by re-adding a directional light to my scene just as n314p suggested. unity 5.2.3f1

Searching for the scene missing a directional light and adding one regardless if you require one seems to fix this problem.

6. ohbado

ohbado

In Unity 5.2.4, this problem does not solve.
    I am very troubled.

7. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

The latest Editor build is 5.3.1. I think it is fixed in that one.

8. jashan

jashan

Nope. Running on 5.3.1p3 and just got this after baking.

And then plenty of "Error adding system: Data not available." (24 times)

9. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

Hm. Perhaps it's something that's not exactly the same as mine. I also had those messages but not anymore.

10. jashan

jashan

In my case, it seems that when I bake lighting for one scene, it breaks lighting for another scene.

Fairly annoying!

11. brokenm

brokenm

Same problem on Unity 5.3.1p4
    After scene reload everything is dark and unlit. Disabling "Precomputed realtime GI" didn't help.
    Bug appears in Editor only, builds are OK.

ateanna likes this.
  12. LaylonUnity

LaylonUnity

Same problem also in Unity 5.3.2.p1
    It seems to be that they changed Scenemanager. some methods are missing like setActiveScene etc.

13. zelmund

zelmund

still there 532p1

14. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

Have you tried p2?
    That's the latest one.

15. zelmund

zelmund

personaly didnt tried. but there is patch notes, and no info about this bug in that patch.

16. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

Well i used to have that issue but not anymore.

17. joxtheman

joxtheman

Hello, I had that error too and it was driving me crazy, but eventually I managed to solve this problem by doing this: before build in Lighting window I put Directional Light from scene under Environment Lighting-> Sun, I simple drag Directional Light into this box and then I press build and there was no more error, gone.
    It is funny though because Unity says if none, the brightest directional light is used. So when I tested without putting Directional Light manually, I did get this error again.

18. davidosullivan

davidosullivan

Yep I have this error too on the 5.3.2 version of Unity Free. I have tried what you suggested, but unfortunately I need to keep my lighting rig as a singleton so I need my 'Sun' to be set to nothing so that (in theory) the brightest light is set automatically... If I dont change scenes I dont get the error, but of course when I do the 'Sun' ends up 'Missing'... As a result my lighting ends up not quite right, its not like it would be if there were no lights, but not like it should be if my singleton rig had persisted between scenes (although in the inspector to all intents and purposes it has)

19. Catacomber

Catacomber

I have this error in 5.3.4 p1. Turning off Auto Bake and Precomputed Realtime GI in Lighting seems to help but it's very troubling.

20. Elharter

Elharter

same here but with additional failures:

Error adding Enlighten system data: 503f941cbc35124db5f1e293652863e6. RadiosityData is missing.
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

21. Acreates

Acreates

Captains log star date 08/11/2017 on 3.5 due to our the requirements of our project. We were getting the terrainhash error mentioned else where, so I turned all terrains sans the main.

Now I'm getting this error. Shadows are flickering, even after rebuilding Occlusion.

Hopefully Unity Command has an answer.

Captain out.