Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New user of Unity 5 needs help! Compiler Error??

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Brian78, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Brian78

Brian78

Hello all.

I am working on Unity 5 and have been watching the tutorials. I have ran into a problem. I am working on the first tutorial teaching how to make a ball in a plain. I have done this. On the 3rd video in this series, it teaches scripting to make your ball move so you can control it. I have done everything as said on the video except doing the Lighting , and for some reason when i am done with the scripting (checked it many times for errors) the game says "All Compiler Errors must be fixed before you can enter Play mode".

So my first question is "What is a complier error"? My second question is "how did i got wrong, copying everything to the T from the video?"

Before someone says "check your script again" Here it is below. This is exactly how the video shows to do it. I have also done this now 12 times and each time i get the same compiler error message. Please help! My script as it shows on the video is below. Thanks!!

SCRIPT AS FOLLOWS
    ℼ佄呃偙⁅呈䱍倠䉕䥌⁃ⴢ⼯㍗⽃䐯䑔䠠䵔⁌⸴‰牔湡楳楴湯污⼯久㸢䠼䵔㹌䈼䑏㹙䘼乏⁔慦散㴠✠潍潮㸧匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠獵湩㱧匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧唾楮祴湅楧敮⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧㬾⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠獵湩㱧匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧匾獹整㱭匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰮匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潃汬捥楴湯㱳匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠異汢捩⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠汣獡㱳匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧倾慬敹捲湯牴汯敬㱲匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰☺扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㌳㌶㑡✻㸠潍潮敂慨楶畯㱲匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰㱻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧瘾楯㱤匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧䘾硩摥灵慤整⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳⠻㰩匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳紻⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㌳㌶㑡✻㸠汦慯㱴匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧派癯䡥牯穩湯慴㱬匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰☽扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㌳㌶㑡✻㸠湉異㱴匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰮匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠敇䅴楸㱳匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰨匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㕦挷〰✻㸠焦潵㭴⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧䠾牯穩湯慴㱬匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㕦挷〰✻㸠焦潵㭴⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⤾㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧显潬瑡⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶敖瑲捩污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㴻渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧䤾灮瑵⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⸾⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧䜾瑥硁獩⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳⠻⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧☾畱瑯㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㕦挷〰✻㸠敖瑲捩污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧☾畱瑯㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㬩⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㌳㌶㑡✻㸠敖瑣牯㰳匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧派癯浥湥㱴匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰☽扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠敮㱷匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧嘾捥潴㍲⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳⠻⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧派癯䡥牯穩潴瑮污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧ⰾ渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧〾〮㱦匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠☬扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶敖瑲捩污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⤾㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧刾杩摩潢祤⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳⸻⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧䄾摤潆捲㱥匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰨匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶敭瑮⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⤾⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㱽匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾剂㸯⼼但呎㰾䈯䑏㹙⼼呈䱍>娀婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚婚Ș`

Ummmmmmmmm not sure why it does that in chinese??? What is going on!!

2. pws-devs

pws-devs

Use the Insert Code function of the post to post your script.

You might just as well copy and paste the compiler error on your console too.

3. Brian78

Brian78

I don't understand? I did copy and paste the code directly here and for some reason it came out as Chinese each time. If i go to word or any thing else it pastes fine. Also what do you mean copy and paste the Compiler Error on your console too? The thing pops up in a flash in the Unity 5 and is not on something i can copy. I'd have to use Fraps or some gaming recorder to record it happening.

4. BenZed

BenZed

Paste your code in text editor, make sure it's set to plain-text.
    Copy the pasted code and paste THAT here. That should undo whatever strange formatting it has to turn it all chinese.

5. Dantus

Dantus

6. KelsoMRK

KelsoMRK

7. BenZed

BenZed

They should add some kind of betting functionality go along with the polls in this forum. That would be chill as hell.

8. Brian78

Brian78

ℼ佄呃偙⁅呈䱍倠䉕䥌⁃ⴢ⼯㍗⽃䐯䑔䠠䵔⁌⸴‰牔湡楳楴湯污⼯久㸢䠼䵔㹌䈼䑏㹙䘼乏⁔慦散㴠✠潍潮㸧匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠獵湩㱧匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧唾楮祴湅楧敮⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧㬾⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠獵湩㱧匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧匾獹整㱭匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰮匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潃汬捥楴湯㱳匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠異汢捩⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺〰㘹㔹✻㸠汣獡㱳匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧倾慬敹捲湯牴汯⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㨻渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧䴾湯䉯桥癡潩牵⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧笾⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧瘾楯㱤匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧显硩摥灕慤整⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⠾☩扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳笻⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧显潬瑡⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶潈楲潺瑮污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㴻渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧䤾灮瑵⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⸾⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧䜾瑥硁獩⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳⠻⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧☾畱瑯㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㕦挷〰✻㸠潈楲潺瑮污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧☾畱瑯㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㬩⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧显潬瑡⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶敖瑲捩污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㴻渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧䤾灮瑵⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⸾⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧䜾瑥硁獩⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳⠻⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧☾畱瑯㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㕦挷〰✻㸠敖瑲捩污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧☾畱瑯㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㬩⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㌣㘳愳㬴‧嘾捥潴㍲⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶敭瑮⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㴻渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲〣㤰㤶㬵‧渾睥⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㌳㌶㑡✻㸠敖瑣牯㰳匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㰨匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶潈楲潺瑮污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧ⰾ渦獢㭰⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲昣㜵っ㬰‧〾〮㱦匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠☬扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠潭敶敖瑲捩污⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⤾㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳☻扮灳㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠敇䍴浯潰敮瑮⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧☾瑬㰻匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㌳㌶㑡✻㸠楒楧扤摯㱹匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠朦㭴⤨㰮匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠摁䙤牯散⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧⠾⼼偓乁㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧派癯浥湥㱴匯䅐㹎匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠㬩⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯匼䅐⁎瑳汹⁥‽挧汯牯⌺㐴㐴㐴✻㸠渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰渦獢㭰㱽匯䅐㹎䈼⽒㰾偓乁猠祴敬㴠✠潣潬㩲㐣㐴㐴㬴‧紾⼼偓乁㰾剂㸯⼼但呎㰾䈯䑏㹙⼼呈䱍>娀ψp

9. Brian78

Brian78

I do not know what to do to make it NOT pop up in Chinese!

Also my script was ran perfectly on a friends Unity. It won't work on mine. He said he thought that my Unity isn't "registering" that I'm in the game when i click play, and that he has no clue what the problem is. This is such a basic thing. I make a plane, make a ball on the plane, make the script and it's suppose to move the ball, but won't!!

10. Brian78

Brian78

What is Text Editor? How do i find this use it and paste in it?

11. Brian78

Brian78

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm just going to give up. Several times in the videos' the instructor has things in his Unity 5 that i don't. So apparently im on a different version. My scripts apparently work for other people but won't do jack for me. So i'm giving up. It's funny because the videos are pretty basic, a little complex but straight forward and basic once you see what he's doing. Then i open my Unity and i don't have half the stuff he's able to click and open. I went ahead and skipped trying to "MOVE THE PLAYER" because my friend said it works, but my unity is just messing up for somereason, so now im "moving the camera" and lol my Unity doesn't have the stuff the instructor is doing on his video. Like he attaches the Player to some thing under the cameras script but i don't have this button at all. Mine says script and nothing under it, while his has Script, then under it some thing that he moves the PLAYER to where it once said "Camera" and my unity sure doesn't have this. So.... i give up.

maybe they will make a Unity one day with lessons from Unity that are using the same version?
    Anyways thanks for your help all, but if my unity won't run scripts that do work, and my unity doesn't have boxes and places where others do, then there's no use in continuing.

12. BenZed

BenZed

Text editor is a program in your computer. Just a basic text editor.

Unity 5 is still very new, and all of the tutorials you're reading are likely from the old version.

Anyway, don't give up. Just for S***s and giggles, take a screen shot of your scripts and upload that. I'm too curious now.
    Also, copy and paste the errors directly. Hopefully they also wont be in chinese.

13. Brian78

Brian78

I have no more errors. The script runs on everyone else's Unity 5 except mine! LOL.

The issue with the Camera is nothing i can screenshot, because on the video the guy has a drop down box that isn't there for my Unity5. The instructor clicks on "main Camera" in the hierarchy and where it shows the script the Camera is running, there is a smaller box under that, but NOT ON MINE! LOL This isn't something the instructor added as a compenant or opened up, it was just on there. Cept mine doesn't have it.

I'm not going to give up, Another person told me that 90% of those "Beginner Tutorials" already assume i have "some" knowledge of Unity and Scripting, so it's not truly beginner stuff, at least that's what was told to me. I have a friend who runs Unity 5 really well, he's designing a game. I want to learn how to use it to help him. He's about 2 months away from a very good product. Enough to showcase. But he's probably 8 months away from it being in alpha testing with others.

Anyways I have a ton of time, I'm smart and as long as there is a logical and comprehensible instruction video, or something i can look at, then of course i can learn. My problem however is that when the script was done, it apparently worked on everyone's unity but mine! not sure why, even logging in and out a billion times didn't get it to work. And now besides wondering why my version of Unity 5 is busted, now i have to deal with the fact the Training videos are outdated or using an older version of Unity....which makes learning from them pointless almost.

I'll try to copy and paste the script in a minute.... when you said text editor i thought you meant on here. Because all i have on here is text editing that does bold, and a few things and nothing seemed to work. My bad for the confusion.

14. Brian78

Brian78

This is the script below. It is a simple player move object script. Make a plane. Make a ball on the plane. Put in the Script for the Ball, and if you want add the Rigidbody, and press play. On my Unity, the ball does not move! I've used mouse clicking, mouse moving, w,s,a,d, keys and nothing! My friends all say the ball moves on their Unity.

using UnityEngine;

using System.Collections;

public class Playercontrol : MonoBehaviour

{

void fixedUpdate()

{

float moveHorizontal = Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal");

float moveVertical = Input.GetAxis ("Vertical");

Vector3 movement = new Vector3(moveHorizontal, 0.0f, moveVertical);

GetComponent<Rigidbody>().AddForce(movement);

}

}

15. pws-devs

pws-devs

First of all, according to the API its "FixedUpdate" and not "fixedUpdate".

Let me assume that your are working on a Windows version of Unity. Go to Edit->Project Settings->Input.

Expand out Axes and check that you have Horizontal and Vertical in there and check what key is assigned to those axes. If you do not have it, add them in.

16. BenZed

BenZed

@pws devs has it. FixedUpdate, not fixedUpdate

Your Unity5 install is not broken.