Search Unity

New to unity, looking for a good book.

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by SunstormGT, Mar 18, 2015.

1. SunstormGT

SunstormGT

Hello everyone, I just started with Unity after doing some work with GameMaker. Ik want to start making mobile games with Unity.

Now I want tomuse a book/ebook to start with the basics of Unity. Mostly 2D as it is for mobile games. Im not looking for online tutorials. I will do those after I finish the book.

So can anyone recommend a good book/ebook for me to start with. I prefer more recent books that cover Unity 4/5.x.

I hope this is the right place for my question and I hope someone can help me out.

Thx in advance,

Danny / The Netherlands

2. jhocking

jhocking

My book Unity in Action is not in print yet but is already available to download:

http://www.manning.com/hocking/

This book is designed for experienced programmers who are new to Unity; that sounds perfect for you, since you aren't new to game development. The code explanations are very up-to-date; the entire book is already written for Unity 4.6, and I am currently updating everything for Unity 5 before the book goes to print!