Search Unity

New Horror Game In Development: THE DREAMING OWL

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TheBoredMan5, Sep 2, 2014.

1. TheBoredMan5

TheBoredMan5

Game Title.jpg

ABOUT THE GAME
    Dreams, anything can happen in them. Anything from great happiness to a horrible nightmare. Well in this game you will be experiencing what a horrible nightmare is really like. You will be playing as Jake, a 15 year old boy who is having horrible nightmares. You and Jake's imaginary ghost friend will be in charge of getting him out of the dream. The only way out is by stopping "The Dreaming Owl".

THE DEVELOPER
    I am a single developer, I am a 14 year old boy who has always had the dream to develop a video game. You are probably thinking "Oh, well he's only 14. This game is probably going to suck". Well I am going to show some pictures of the game I am developing here in a minute and you might have some second thoughts. I have spent months learning Unity and MonoDevelop, and I have spent even longer working on this game. I would like to thank all of the Unity community for helping, without all of the effort they give to help developers. I would have no idea how to use a program such as Unity.

WHAT I'M AIMING FOR
    Sure, I have thousands of ideas for this game. But I cannot bring all of them to life. So here are some main components that the game + your player will have.

- Item Pickup
    - Large Inventory & or Backpack
    - Crouching
    - Night Vision
    - Hiding
    - Changing Environments
    - Realtime LightShafts
    - Realtime Lighting
    - Stealth Mode

-Pricing & Selling-
    - $4.99
    - Being sold on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux.
    - Mac App Store.

(There will be a demo and trailer coming soon!)

-MY DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS-
    *Note, These images do not yet contain scenery*

Main Menu.jpg

Main Room.png

Bedroom.jpg

The Bar.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. melidian

melidian

Nice looking game you got here so far. I'm 14 years old too and maybe I could help out on this game if you need it. I can make 3d Models and a bit of scripting if you're interested.

Other than that though this game looks nice so far and it's a solid start for a great game.

TheBoredMan5 likes this.
  3. TheBoredMan5

TheBoredMan5

Thank you! I could maybe use some help with scripting, or modeling. I have a pretty good experience with modeling. Every object in the photos above I modeled myself. Using Maya, Autodesk.

4. Crazyjack145

Crazyjack145

Wow that looks amazing Im 15 And i just decided to start learning Scripting.

5. TheBoredMan5

TheBoredMan5

Thanks! and thats great that you are learning how to script. Once I learned how to really Script & Model, I couldn't stop. There are an endless amount of things you can do once you learn the Unity interface.