1. Submit bugs to enter our 5.4 Beta Sweepstakes. Read more about it here.
  2. Unity 5.4 public beta is now available for all users. Grab the build and visit the 5.4 beta forum.
  3. Missing a module? More about the new installer in 5.3 here.
  4. 4.7.1 released for Xcode 7.3 support. Thread here.

[New Hardware] Depth-VR says Hi ! ——a holographic-like visual device with unity sdk

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by vinjelly, Mar 9, 2014.

1. vinjelly

vinjelly

[This is not a product advertising post , administrator please don't delete it Thank you! We are brothers to collect opinions and views :) ]

Hello everyone, we are a company committed to developing a virtual reality equipment, Depth-VR
    Our product is basically a head tracking device mounted on a normal display, you can simply mount it on your monitor, then , run our Unity DEMO , and you will see something like this :

Demo 1( Large Scale Scene ) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjgxNzQ2Nzk2.html
    Demo 2( a FPS game ) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjgxNzQwNTM2.html
    Demo 3( something else ) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjcwNjU5MzE2.html

Basically , it measurements your head position 200 times per second , through your head position it calculates the appropriate projection, so that you will see an holographic-like image in front of you , u can simply move your head around to observe the 3D objects you created , in truly 3D-form ! not any Plane Image displayed on your monitor ! it gives you the feeling that you can actually touch it !
    Until this stage, we have just completed the hardware R D work, but we have created a complete Unity SDK .. After getting this hardware, you only need to import a " special camera " and mount it to your original camera in your game : and your unity application / game will be like what's shown in the video , just like that ..
    We do not have a website yet, it's embarrassing .... but it will be online in two weeks :)
    For other reasons, I can only reveal so much information (except that it will be very low price ^___^
    This post is not officially released, officially released in about early April . ( Also we will launch on kickstarter )
    So the purpose of this post is basically a collection of everyone's feedback : (This question seems a bit silly) but we really want to know , after the showing these videos to you , if the price of this hardware is right , will you be interested in trying it, or if you have any questions, we would like to hear your questions, thank you !
    your opinion is what drives us forward ^___^

2. vinjelly

vinjelly

anyone say something ~~

3. TheRaider

TheRaider

links don't work, or extrodinarily slow, but I gave up

4. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

It works for me, but its super slow.

5. Metron

Metron

Now... that is cool :)

6. ThunderTruck

ThunderTruck

Totally awesome...!!!
    When will it be for sale?
    And the price around?

7. vinjelly

vinjelly

Truly sorry about that !I will give another post with youtube link inside = =!

8. zortech

zortech

Waiting out the loading time was worth it, your system is pretty cool! looking forward to see more of it.

and "very low price" is always a good read ^^

9. adamz

adamz

Really slick. Although like others mentioned, the videos take forever to load.

10. vinjelly

vinjelly

Thank you guys !! there had been a lot of positive feed backs and we really appreciate that !
    These days we have some new developments in the Visual Effects , pretty cool new stuff......but not ready for video presentation , so the links below is actually the same old stuff :)

for the "price" question , we think it's still early to reveal ... but it's almost like leapmotion :)
    facebook twitter new Eye-Candys coming soon .....

11. vinjelly

vinjelly

just gave a post with youtube link :)

12. Thomas Pasieka

Thomas Pasieka

I merged your two posts. It does look pretty cool I have to say. Nice idea too!

13. wmaass88

wmaass88

I'd definitely put this to use. Good job!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  14. adamz

adamz

Is there any visual distortion when viewing your screen, I can't tell from the videos? What limitations have you experienced?

Anyways fantastic job, and if it has a good price point, Im in!