Search Unity

New Asset : FacebookMagic - Drop in Facebook integration for your game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by johnsteinberg, Jan 18, 2015.

?

Would you use this asset?

1. Yes

69.2%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. Depends on how easy it is

23.1%
  1. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Don't you wish you could have simple drag and drop integration with Facebook so that you can focus on developing your game? FacebookMagic is the answer!

I am currently working on an asset for the asset store that allows you to integrate with all Facebook game services as described here https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/game-services . Integration into your game is very simple and will be achieved by associating one script with an empty game object in any of the scenes in your game. The asset will ship with full source code (C#) and a small game that you can register on Facebook to follow how the flow works.

Features:
    • Easy integration with your game, drag and drop one script onto an empty game object in any of the scenes in your game. - [COMPLETE]
    • Set the permissions your game needs inside the Unity Editor, no coding required. - [COMPLETE]
    • Public Profile - Get the players public profile including profile picture etc. - [COMPLETE]
    • Requests - Send requests (gifts, ask for lives etc.) to any of the players invitable friends or friends already playing the game. - [COMPLETE]
    • Invitable friends - Get a list of the players friends that can be invited to play the game. Enables you to create a custom multi-friend selector in your game to invite friends to play the game. - [COMPLETE]
    • Playing friends - Get a list of the players friends that is already playing your game. - [COMPLETE]
    • Sharing - Share the players progress with your game on his Facebook wall. - [COMPLETE]
    • App Notifications - New API from Facebook that allows your game to send notifications to another player and appears as a notification on his timeline.
    • Feed Gaming - Share progress on the players games feed. - [COMPLETE]
    • Achievements - Share game achievements on the players wall - [COMPLETE]
    • Scores - Share game scores on the players wall. Also allows getting the scores of friends of the player already playing the game. - [COMPLETE]
    • Game Groups - Allows the player to create a game group for your game and post to the group. - [COMPLETE]
    • Canvas Payment - Integrates with Facebook payments for Facebook Canvas games. - [COMPLETE]
    Current Screenshots:

Choose your games permissions inside the Unity Editor

Integrates seamlessly with the Unity Editor

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Updated the screenshots for the inspector integration. It now allows you to download both the user profile picture and their friends profile pictures automatically. All of these pictures are stored in a Sprite for easy access and use in your game.

3. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Progress updated in the description above. If you are looking at this thread and need something that is not in the summary above, please let me know!

4. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

I am making good progress with developing and testing, updated the progress above. Is there anything in the feature list that you need but don't see there? Reply to this thread or e-mail me, lets see if we can work it in.

5. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

I am starting the documentation for the asset today.

6. IndieScapeGames

IndieScapeGames

I am interested in this! How much are you wanting to sell it for on the Asset store?

7. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Hi @ChadM

Thanks for the reply. I haven't decided on a pricing point just yet, wanted to get further down the line first. I will let you know as soon as I have a price in mind.

8. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Quick update:

The documentation is coming along nicely. I will publish the first draft version on my website during the next couple of days so you guys can get an idea of how the integration works. I have also spent some time working on the code and managed to complete the integration for the Achievements API.

9. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Quick update:

Yesterday I completed the score API integration and spent some more time on the documentation for the asset. I feel that the documentation is an incredibly important part of delivering a valuable asset, so I will be spending quite a lot of time on that. The last thing to implement in the API is gamer groups, currently planning to have that complete by the end of the week.

10. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Quick update:

Functionality is now almost complete. The last piece to do is the new App Notifications functionality. Documentation is coming along nicely too. I plan to wrap up by the end of the week to a point where Beta testing can start with a selected group by early next week.

ManAmazin and IndieScapeGames like this.
  11. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

good luck with this , looking forward to seeing it complete

12. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Thank you for the well wishes @Computerkid23 , really appreciate it

13. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Quick update:

Spending the next couple of days on polishing the code and integration in Unity. Documentation will be completed straight after that. I will be providing the beta of the software to a couple of my testers early next week.

14. randomperson42

randomperson42

What platforms does it work on?

15. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Hi @randomperson42

I am testing the asset for the web player, iOS and Android. The only functionality that will work only in the web player is Canvas Payments.

16. tango209

tango209

17. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Hi @tango209

Thank you very much for the heads up, it is much appreciated. I changed the menu to now hang off the main Edit menu in the editor and updated the screenshot.

18. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Quick update:

Beta testing is starting today. In parallel with this the documentation will be fleshed out a bit more and neatened up.

ManAmazin likes this.