Search Unity

New 2D game art course - coupon inside

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by method72, Oct 23, 2014.

1. method72

method72

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Surprised you haven't received more comments on this because your course looks incredibly useful to any programmer wanting to improve the quality of their own graphics work (such as myself... although I firmly believe game play is by far the most important aspect of a game... being able to spend 10 minutes to create a sword that easily "reads" sword instead of "probably a sword or some high-tech alien gear" is a great thing).

The lack of a screenshot in your post above may be a big part of why there are no other comments here.

So... I just took a screenshot from the introductory videos, scaled it down 50%, and here it is...

The thing I like about your vector art is your objects actually have some decent detail. Most vector art I've seen is not that way.

Anyway, looks like a great deal to me. $10 to get some training from someone who obviously can make better graphics than I can. Gonna take you up on this offer. Thanks!

carmel399 likes this.
  3. method72

method72

thanks.
    Yea as a part time indie dev and part time digital artist, i am hoping my self-trained skills can assist others that wan tto make there own fun games, but were intimidated by the art side of it.

I made the course, because i felt there really wasn't anything else like it out there for indie devs that wanted to learn some 2dart skills, without having to invest a lot of time, yet get decent results.

I think $10 for a course that is 7+ hours in length is a good deal, Heck, between the application itself, a good mic and the screen capture/edit software it's been a $500+ investment just to create the course, not to mention the 40+ hours of time it took me to compile it all into the final project. This is a project of passion not profit, so I hope others can take advantage of it.

thanks
    - Sam

GarBenjamin likes this.