Search Unity

NetworkView transform w/ Different Y point Bug/Problem

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by larmst, Oct 29, 2014.

1. larmst

larmst

Hello all,
    Thanks for taking a look. I have a networkview that's observing the transform of an object for a multiplayer game. And a problem when another client joins:

I move the observed object to a cliff with a different terrain height, where say the Y value of its position might be 5f , using a Nav Agent. When I join the server with another client the observed object appears to be several points below 5, and appears to be floating under the terrain with the cliff. If both clients are connected before I move one client up the cliff, then the movement seems bug free and I can accurately see the transform above/on the cliff.

Assuming I made sense with the explanation , after moving the observed transform around a bit on the regular terrain where Y is .5 , the 2nd client I joined with that saw the first client floating below the cliff now has an accurate display of the observed transform. I am wondering if there are any known bugs or solutions for network views and the Y axis of an observed transform. Perhaps there is something I need to do to the nav mesh for the nav agent to let it know there are adjustments to the Y axis?

Hopefully this all makes sense, I can't seem to figure out what's causing my problem or a solution.

Cheers!