Search Unity

NetworkTransport.Send not flushing send queue? (LLAPI)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by NongBenz, May 27, 2015.

1. NongBenz

NongBenz

When I do NetworkTransport.Send(...) I receive the message on the receiver fine but the GetCurrentOutgoingMessageAmount() continually increases on the sender...

until finally I get the message events are full error (something like that) even though the messages ARE being sent... Network.Send fails after hitting this limit.

Note I'm using a reliable channel for Sending.... Do I have to manually return Acks or something... this has got me really frustrated.

2. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

I was having exactly this issue. Don't ask me why, but it got solved after I started sending an explicit message from the receiver of the initial messages to the original sender (some kind of ack, as you stated).

I hope this helps.

3. aabramychev

aabramychev

Unity Technologies

@alvaro.em do i understand correct: in the last patch 5.2.1 p1 you still need send something back to avoid overfull queue?
    If yes it is definitely bug, send report about this please.

4. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

Hi, @aabramychev. I haven't checked it since it is something I made for the last version and didn't revisit. I thought it was an intended behaviour (although a very strange one). I will check it as soon as possible and let you know.

EDIT: I thought I was missing something, but I am not. 5.2 is still in beta version, which means that we are not using it until it is an stable release. I guess that we are going to stick to the workaround for some more time. I will try it anyway to make sure it is already fixed.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

@aabramychev , I gave it a try, but it was impossible to test, since my platform uses Vuforia and Unity 5.2 it is currently not supported. Too bad we have to wait until September for such n important bug to be fixed. Have you considered including the fix in a patch?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. aabramychev

aabramychev

Unity Technologies

@alvaro.em i checked, it has been already fixed. 5.1.2p3 should work fine