Search Unity

Networking suggestions?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jwbailey, Nov 15, 2014.

1. jwbailey

jwbailey

I'm writing a simple trading card game. I've got some of the back-end written already using Go. I want to write the front-end as a unity client. Unity's built-in networking uses UDP. There isn't currently a Go library that handles RPC over UDP. For the main gameplay, I'm just going to have the client tell server the move(s) it wishes to make, and the server will then process it and return an updated game board via JSON or something.

So, do you have any good networking library suggestions that support tcp and rpc? I suppose another option would be to do simple HTTP requests and websockets. I saw that Best HTTP supports these.

Thanks.

2. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

3. Glader

Glader

As far as I can recall the built-in networking is RakNet with its UDP implementation but I'm pretty sure RPCs are RUDP. They should be promised to arrive. Although it's been so long such I've touched built-in, it may be exactly what you're looking for if true.

Although there are conflicting statements about RPC's reliability in Unity when doing a quick google search.