Search Unity

NetBrick C# Networking Framework

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Miclebrick, Mar 5, 2015.

?

Should I make a zone and room system?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2015.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Miclebrick

Miclebrick

NetBrick is a project to make it a little easier to make a multiplayer game. It is designed for an authorative server. The client can only send request, the server can sends responses and events. You can check it out on codeplex here. View the source, if you would like to learn how to use it before I finish the documentation. It already has most of the core features, but I am planning to add more, such as server-to-server connection, a generic prebuilt physics server that runs Unity, a generic prebuilt login server, MMO Area of Interest calculation, perhaps a zone and room system, and many more.

2. Trollpants

Trollpants

3. Miclebrick

Miclebrick

I am not going to sell it, it will remain open source and completely free of charge.

Trollpants likes this.
  4. Miclebrick

Miclebrick

I ported NetBrick to github. You can get it here: https://github.com/Miclebrick/NetBrick

I have also completely rewritten most of it, including packets. It now uses BSON for message serialization, rather than JSON. It also no longer has requests, response, event, etc. just packets.

I have included a chat example in the folder "Test Applications," and will be posting more tutorials and examples. I plan to make an example with Unity3D next. Please give some feedback and suggestions, and I'll keep putting in more! :)