Search Unity

Need your opinion about our new iOS title Zombie's Got a Pogo!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Playmac, May 22, 2015.

1. Playmac

Playmac

Hey guys, we would use a little help from you to get your opinion about our new iOS title and maybe some of you are willing to try the game as well.
    We are getting closer to the iOS launch of Zombie's got a Pogo. BTY maybe some of you remember the game Zombie High Dive, as we are a creators of that game as well you may recognise the main character from ZHD :)
    Zombie's got a Pogo was initially launched on Windows Phone and has been quite successful there. We have received multiple awards and now we are bringing this game to iOS with a massive update and new exclusive content for iOS players. The game will be free to play and will be launched on App Store this summer.

Zombie's got a Pogo is an endless bouncer game, where you have to control the Zombie as he bounces on a pogo stick. Controlling is done by tapping the left or right side of the screen. Tap/hold the screen to have the Zombie lean more into the bounce, which will make him jump further. Try to keep your head intact and keep on moving through numerous obstacles, pitfalls and all sorts of trouble as you try to reach farther than other zombies. Follow the trail of brains and tune up your zombie!

Zombie's Got a Pogo features:

• Randomly generated endless world and deadly pitfalls.
    • Bone breaking crashes and nerve-shredding pogo action.
    • Physics rules making every situation unique and funny.
    • Pick up and play. No brains required!
    • The farther you get, the crazier the course!

Zombie's Got a Pogo new features (Exclusively on iOS):

• 6 death defying zombies to jump with.
    • 12 unheard-of pogos. Frog pogo, oven pogo, sword pogo, ...
    • A pile of accessories, that zombies like to wear.
    • Zombie opponents trying to take you down.
    • Powerups for smashing fun.
    • Earn prizes as you complete goals.
    • Create and share video replays or watch others playing.
    • Game Center leaderboard and iCloud support.
    • Full HD resolution and awesome audio.

Gameplay trailer:

Screenshots:

We are also looking for beta testers for Zombie's got a Pogo game. If you would like to beta test this game, then please send pm and add your email address, where we could send game invitation. Thanks in advance:)

theANMATOR2b, TheValar and Mister-D like this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Very clean and inviting art style.

I like the secondary animations all over the place including the characters. Real nice job. That really brings everything to life!

It's an interesting twist on the runner.

How come the zombie's lean so far forward all the time though? It seems like that could be corrected with an edit to the default X,Y vector. (I'm an artist so I just made that up)

Excellent work. I'll check with my son to see if he wants to test for you. :)

Playmac likes this.
  3. Playmac

Playmac

Thanks for the kind words!
    About the leaning control, we have already tried this what you suggested (if I understood you correctly) but it didn't work for most of the players, as it become too difficult to play. If you could try to play the game then you would notice that it is actually pretty challenging already :)

Let me know if you are ready to try the game!

4. Playmac

Playmac

Here is some update how you can customise a character in the game (there is tons of more combinations to make your character unique):

PW. It is quite hard to get your game beta tested before a release (get the decent amount of testers). Unity forum should have a separate sub category for "beta test my game"!
    Maybe someone can suggest where to get the beta testers for iOS?

5. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

It's really cool. One little thing though, there's a typo in the video: you wrote: "Ignore the pain, your'e dead anyway". The "your'e" should be "you're"

Playmac likes this.
  6. Playmac

Playmac

Yes, thanks for letting me know, we will fix it soon!

7. Playmac

Playmac

Zombie's Got a Pogo will go live on the App Store on 16th July!

8. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

I'd love to try out the game, although how does it work to even beta test an iOS game?

9. SaliferousStudios

SaliferousStudios

10. Playmac

Playmac

The game will launch on 16 July on the AppStore but I sent (pm) you a promo code, so you can try it out right now!
    Your feedback is more than welcome!

11. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

Where do I input the promo code though?

12. Playmac

Playmac

If you open the app store with your device (front page) then scroll on very borttom and you shoul see redeem. Follow the instructions and you can download the game.

13. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

For some reason it wont allow me to respond from the message, but played for a few minutes and found it interesting to play, have you thought about adding even gyroscope controls? I think that could be really fun!

14. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

But overall, a fun game! WIll play some more later for sure!

15. Playmac

Playmac

Good to hear, that you liked the game:)

We use touch controls as it is more precise than gyroscope. The world is full of traps and obstacles and player has to aim and plan the jumps with a precision, so that's why we have chosen touch controls and with gyroscope we afraid it would be too difficult to play.

16. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

Looks nice. But can you do me a favor. GI to build settings and switch build from iOS to Android (And a bit if work more for android ;)

17. Playmac

Playmac

We have changed game launch date to 6th August, so couple of more weeks before it goes live.

18. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

I have had access to the beta for a week or so now, and I must say it is quite fun and addictive, when I play the game I usually end up playing for an hour at a time because it is so addictive to try and get better distances. Great job on this!

Playmac likes this.
  19. Playmac

Playmac

Yes, we'll definitely build it for Android as well but this will happens sometimes later. Current priority is iOS!

20. Playmac

Playmac

Good to hear that :)

21. Playmac

Playmac

Getting closer! Zombie's Got a Pogo is launching this Thursday - August 6th on iOS!

22. Playmac

Playmac

23. macdude2

macdude2

Saw you got featured by apple! Nice job!

24. Playmac

Playmac

yeah, this is good, thanks!!!