Search Unity

Need You Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hunter_Studios, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Hunter_Studios

Hunter_Studios

Greeting fellow Unity users. I just started on a project and I've been working on a little bit of ideas and started on some of them and I just wanted to know some of your feed back on my ideas. :) Your feedback (motivating or criticism) will be valued. Thank you. ;):)

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Soo..... What are we supposed to give feedback on?

3. Hunter_Studios

Hunter_Studios

Sorry I was just working on the project but I'm fixing to post some ideas in a minute. :)

4. Hunter_Studios

Hunter_Studios

My project so far is call Pandemic.
    I'm making it a multiplayer/single player based game. The gameplay style is based on an original war game operation known as domination or capture the flag. In comparison they have two teams that fight over them, but in difference, I decided to make one team people and the other team zombies.

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Asymmetric play is cool if done right. Aside from that you haven't given us anything to go by.

6. Hunter_Studios

Hunter_Studios

I've worked on some ideas and I have come on with some classes for the Mutated. I'll be posting them shortly. :rolleyes:

7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

**Sinking feeling that this is turning into another prototypeless noob idea dump**

8. Hunter_Studios

Hunter_Studios

Uhhhh...Okay so I am new but if you have any advice, can you share some with me? :D

9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Yeah, scope real small for your first project. The project you've described is a lot of work, and probably not possible for a beginner.

Best thing to do now if you want this game is to throw out the design book and put a few of the key gameplay elements into a prototype. Get a feel for what you are capable of, and what is actually engaging to play.

elmar1028 likes this.
  10. Hunter_Studios

Hunter_Studios

I've gotten that from multiple people and I've lightened it up a little due to my knowledge of it being a little too complicated.

11. Hunter_Studios

Hunter_Studios

Certain things I've taken away to simplify the gameplay and create a prototype version is the classes and items.

12. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

So show us the prototype? Perhaps in a webplayer build? That will allow us to give far better feedback then stats and numbers.

13. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

It doesn't get better than ZombieX, an old mod from call of duty : world at war. Maybe look for some zomx videos on youtube to see how they balanced 63 people players vs 1-2 starting zombie players.