Search Unity

Need help with the new particle system... can't even achieve the simplest effect.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AlanGameDev, Aug 22, 2014.

1. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

Hello there.

I'm trying to use the new particle system for the first time as I always end up making my own one, but it's extremely non-intuitive, I can't even achieve the basic effect of a particle becoming smaller/bigger according to its speed... plus it tells 2+2 is not 4! >:\\.

Here is the screenshot of the configuration:
    partsc.png
    As you can see, the starting vel is 0 and gravity accelerates the particles. The 'size by speed' is ticked and configured like that, but playing with those numbers doesn't make any difference. Here is the result:
    partsa.png
    As you can see, the lower particles are way faster than the higher ones, but their size is random.

Any help on this?

2. Arowx

Arowx

OK it's the Size By Speed, you're using Random Between Two Constants, try changing it to a curve.

3. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

Thank you, but that's extremely confusing... I wouldn't be able to make something more anti intuitive even if they paid me lots of money... I ended up making a brand new particle system for this game though cause I needed trails and some more stuff.