Search Unity

Need Help Side jumping?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by sean4mvo, Jan 30, 2015.

1. sean4mvo

sean4mvo

Here's some help with Side jumping from left to right, hope this helps! Please give feedback.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. sean4mvo

sean4mvo

So I think this is the script but I'm not sure if its legit, is it C# or JAva?

1. publicenumDodgeDirection{Right,Left,Forward,Backward}
    2. // This vector is essential if you want to have variants dodging amounts/forces, it represents how much the player will go to the side, up and forward
    3. // left: -x, right: +x, up: +y, down: -y, forward: +z, backward: -z. Don't worry you'll understand in a moment
    4. // if you don't want to have different forces applied to your player when he dodges left/right, forward/backward, just get rid of this vector and use a float variable instead
    5. publicVector3 dodge =newVector3(5,5,5);
    6. // This is the dodging method, you just give it a direction and it will handle the rest using the `dodge` vector we previously defined.
    7. publicvoidDodge(DodgeDirection dir)
    8. {
    9. switch(dir)
    10. {
    11. caseDodgeDirection.Right:
    12. rigidbody.AddForce(_transform.right * dodge.x + _transform.up * dodge.y,ForceMode.Impulse);
    13. break;
    14. caseDodgeDirection.Left:
    15. rigidbody.AddForce(-_transform.right * dodge.x + _transform.up * dodge.y,ForceMode.Impulse);
    16. break;
    17. caseDodgeDirection.Forward:
    18. rigidbody.AddForce(_transform.forward * dodge.z + _transform.up * dodge.y,ForceMode.Impulse);
    19. break;
    20. caseDodgeDirection.Backward:
    21. rigidbody.AddForce(-_transform.forward * dodge.z + _transform.up * dodge.y,ForceMode.Impulse);
    22. break;
    23. }
    24. }
    25. // Since we're gonna be dealing with a rigidbody and forces, we might as well use FixedUpdate
    26. // I used 'l', 'j', 'i' and 'k' to dodge left, right, forward and backward (respectively)
    27. // If I were you and using WASD controls, I would dodge left by double tapping 'A', right by double tapping 'D' etc. (With a threshold I define)
    28. voidFixedUpdate()
    29. {
    30. if(Input.GetKeyDown("l"))
    31. Dodge(DodgeDirection.Right, dodge);
    32. if(Input.GetKeyDown("j"))
    33. Dodge(DodgeDirection.Left, dodge);
    34. if(Input.GetKeyDown("i"))
    35. Dodge(DodgeDirection.Forward, dodge);
    36. if(Input.GetKeyDown("k"))
    37. Dodge(DodgeDirection.Backward, dodge);
    38. }

3. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

its c# ..

use the code dealy to paste it... (click icon to left of save disc icon, and pick code, paste code in there)

Code (CSharp):
    1. if ( stuff = stuff)
    2. {
    3.      //things
    4. }