Need Dedicated Programmer for Platformer

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by khanstruct, Jun 21, 2012.

1. khanstruct

khanstruct

While our team wraps up some of our other projects, I've found myself with not much to do. With that in mind, I've spent the last few days dusting off an old concept I had and reworking it with some new concepts.

Let me introduce us.
    [​IMG]
    Pillar 4 Entertainment has been developing games and software for almost 4 years now. We work with talented developers all over the world, and have released 2 in-house games on Facebook, Kongregate and our own website.

While we have several projects on the backburner which are much larger in scope, our team is currently in the process of working to stabilize ourselves and focus on our own, in-house work. To this end, we are finishing up some contract work, as well as redesigning and porting our game, Starfall: Aphelion Squadron to mobile devices. While this all helps, I hate being idle.

Which brings me to...
    [​IMG]
    To simplify its description, The Glow is a singleplayer, platformer game. It involves a cuddly hero named Quig, who wages a literal battle of light vs. dark against an evil alien race.
    [​IMG]
    The game mechanics themselves will be fairly simplistic (run, jump, shoot). There will be basic "platformer-esque" AI, and a few neat camera and lighting tricks.
    [​IMG]
    Overall, the game should be simple to prototype. The real work will then follow, involving the design of hundreds of levels in various environments, creating "boss battles", bonus levels, etc.
    [​IMG]
    I'm looking for a dedicated programmer with a passion for creating innovative, indie games. This person would preferably not be completely analytical, as I enjoy working with creative and dynamic people. It would also be preferred (though not necessary) that you live in the U.S. You must also be over the age of 18.

Immediately, we will be working to design the prototype for the game to test out some of the different concepts we have. During this time, we will be using placeholder art. I will, however, be providing finished art and sound (through other contracts) as we move forward.
    [​IMG]

If this sounds like your kind of game, please PM me. I am almost always at my computer, coffee in hand, and should be able to respond to you quickly.

I look forward to hearing from you!

EDIT: I almost forgot the best part! Due to some... restructuring, I am currently looking for someone to sign on as a partner in the company. I would like this someone to be directly involved in the development of our games, so here's the proposal (official stuff to come later).

If a suitable programmer signs on, AND if this programmer lives in the U.S. (see above), AND we hit it off and manage to do well with this game (nothing blockbuster, but adequate), I am offering part ownership of Pillar 4 Entertainment.

NOTE: This is not a legally binding agreement, so for the time being, you'll just have to take my word for it. We can, of course, discuss the details of this later.

We've been working on our controls and camera movements. It seems to be a bit more complex than originally expected (I have crazy ideas).
    Anyone up for a challenge?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012