Search Unity

My phone is too hot for just playing 15 min

Discussion in 'Android' started by Destrankir, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Destrankir

Destrankir

Hello,
    After I played my 3Dgame 15 min in my oneplusone it gets very hot and stops de game.

I tried the optimization stuff like:

lightmaps and culling
    change the shaders to mobile or normal
    reduced the textures size
    I changed this Application.targetFrameRate = 25;

and this are my build settings I'm not sure if everything I marked makes sense

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG
    Thanks

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

Sounds like a hardware issue?

3. Destrankir

Destrankir

I tried my game with other phones and it happens as well

4. Destrankir

Destrankir

There are no way to reduce the CPU/GPU work on my phone from my game?

5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Common issue and no solutions or help how to debug, made a post about it also, even limit to 30fps and cause heating xtreme

6. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

I don't have issues like this for my tablet here. Could you send me an APK to see if mine does it too? (Hopefully, it doesn't set it on fire... ;))

7. Destrankir

Destrankir

8. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA

"My phone is too hot" , lucky guy!

9. Destrankir

Destrankir

I know it xD

FuzzyQuills and Haseeb_BSAA like this.
  10. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Ok, I was able to test your game, aside a couple of weird errors I encountered... (The errors were related to out-of-date google play services, but I think that's because my device is still on android 4.0.3!)

I do admit, the visuals do look impressive! But on my tab, the floor was missing, (Stupid flippin' Mali-400... :mad:) and the game had an amazing amount of lag. The reason? Bottom line, your graphics pipeline's doing too much!

True, a samsung appears to handle it fine, but then where's the heat coming from? Simple answer; your GPU's getting too hot. If possible, cut down the visuals a bit, or optimize your shaders. That way, your phone (and nearly every low-end device on earth!) will return the favour by rendering smoothly and not turning into a mini-oven every time you run the game. :) I recommend for this game a TON of graphics optimization, as I can clearly see your game's asking too much of the device's GPU to run without issues.

EDIT: Also check that your scripts aren't being resource-hogs, they can bring down performance and can cause higher heat output too.

11. Destrankir

Destrankir

thanks for your answer, I will try to optimize more :)

12. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

My mum just got a samsung galaxy J something now actually. Might use that for future testing if needed. (Well, if mum let's me of course... :D)

13. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Actually, an idea; if you can give me a sample level from your game, I can try to optimize it with what i use. :) What do you think?