Search Unity

My MMO In Progress

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by stridervan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. stridervan

stridervan

Update 15 - Feb 26 2014 - NEW!!

Small update. Finished the social system and cross server grouping. Players can now group with players from other zone servers. Group and social systems are handled separate server. Here is a list of all the updates:

* Social System (Friends)
    * Cross Server Groups (Able to group with players from other zone servers)
    * Optimized server
    * Improved Server Stability

Magiichan likes this.
  2. stridervan

stridervan

@lxtopxm Send an email from the email address that you used to purchase the product and stop spamming.

3. raquezha

raquezha

hi @stridervan

Your work is great! :)

Thanks for the minimap tutorial!! it help me on our capstone project

4. stridervan

stridervan

5. stridervan

stridervan

6. Litwin

Litwin

@stridervan
    Hey strider,

Do you can change your server core? Photon is very limited in CCU. What do you think change to KBEngine?
    Web: http://kbengine.org/
    KBEngine is open-source and support to Unity 3D.

7. stridervan

stridervan

I do use KBEngine for one of my projects for a client, however, I have not received many requests for it, yet as I also have to change some coding. If I receive at least 50 requests I would consider creating a general framework and a port to KBEngine.

8. GraphXCreations

GraphXCreations

yeah, photon is expensiv and complex.
    port to kbengine, is simplier and more powerful backend networking since it is a clone of the all mighty bigworld tech server. think "World ofTanks" networking like capability.
    and it is simpler to code since it is all pure python scripting on server side.

even my 8 year old nephew can code in python :)

plus you dont need to do mumbo jumbo hacks to create a db manager, Network LoD or AOI , kbengine already has it all the basic mmo required features setup server side.

even if you dont get 50 votes for requests, if you serious about your mmo project, photon is peanuts compared to kbengine.
    believe me, and since you too have used it you should know better.
    right?
    or maybe you already started your new project in kbengine hence you now doing some clearance sale on your old photon setup
    maybe i am assuming too much but sounds logic and feasible right? well only you know :)
    i kno, i would of done the same thing to extract all juice from the old lemon ready to be thrown away.

If you port to kbengine ill buy a license for myself.

so, Plus 1 vote it it helps

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  9. inflame

inflame

Как исправить ошибку
    NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.WorldEntered.HandleEventQuestAdded (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData eventData) (at Assets/Scripts/Client/States/WorldEntered.cs:1199)
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.WorldEntered.Karen90MmoFramework.Client.IConnectionState.HandleEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData eventData) (at Assets/Scripts/Client/States/WorldEntered.cs:228)
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.NetworkEngine.ExitGames.Client.Photon.IPhotonPeerListener.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData eventData) (at Assets/Scripts/Client/NetworkEnigne.cs:156)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase.DeserializeMessageAndCallback (System.Byte[] inBuff)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.Service ()
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.NetworkEngine.Karen90MmoFramework.Client.IConnection.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Client/NetworkEnigne.cs:125)
    GameManager.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/GameManager.cs:94)
    How to fix bugs

10. Litwin

Litwin

If you port to kbengine ill buy a license for myself.
    +1
    You are using ReavenDB too, you can port to MySQL -> Free.

-----
    Is much work to be done. I saw that you save the information of items/mobs and languages(strings) in code and not in a file (*.xml/*.txt)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  11. inflame

inflame

How To Fix
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.WorldEntered.HandleEven tLootGoldRemoved (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData eventData) (at Assets/Scripts/Client/States/WorldEntered.cs:1150)
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.WorldEntered.Karen90Mmo Framework.Client.IConnectionState.HandleEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData eventData) (at Assets/Scripts/Client/States/WorldEntered.cs:200)
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.NetworkEngine.ExitGames .Client.Photon.IPhotonPeerListener.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData eventData) (at Assets/Scripts/Client/NetworkEnigne.cs:156)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase.DeserializeMessag eAndCallback (System.Byte[] inBuff)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingC ommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomin gCommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.Service ()
    Karen90MmoFramework.Client.NetworkEngine.Karen90Mm oFramework.Client.IConnection.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Client/NetworkEnigne.cs:125)
    GameManager.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/GameManager.cs:94)

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------Verison unity How ?

12. stridervan

stridervan

Please send bug requests directly to my email for a faster resolution.

I will consider writing a port to KB engine.

Litwin likes this.
  13. stridervan

stridervan

Please cast your votes for upcoming features this month

14. Litwin

Litwin

@stridervan

Questions:
    - You will upgrade the project to the current version of Unity (4.6 ~ 5)?
    - You will continue with new updates after finishing the update of this poll?
    - Character has support for equipment (example: I equip armor and the armor appears in character.)?

I'm still waiting for your final answer on KBEngine and MySQL. It is difficult to consider Photon Server as a framework for MMORPG, Photon is very limited.

15. JamesPro

JamesPro

Photon really isn't very limited... You just have to code most everything you need. Not much is provided out of the box for MMOs.

16. stridervan

stridervan

Correct. Photon is very powerful

17. stridervan

stridervan

Beta releases will be sent out by the end of this week. Please send bug requests directly to my email. Thanks for your support.

18. Litwin

Litwin

@stridervan
    What have in this Beta releases? Features? Bug fixes?

19. stridervan

stridervan

Major: Guild system.
    And minor features, optimization and bug fixes. Reg updates (indie) will be sent out this weekend. Please vote for the next round of updates.

20. stridervan

stridervan

21. Litwin

Litwin

Dead?

22. JamesPro

JamesPro

Just because there hasn't been an update for less then a month doesn't mean the project is dead... lol

23. Litwin

Litwin

I'm asking and not affirming.

24. pimmie1988

pimmie1988

Hi and first of all what a great project :)
    But i am having some problems with photon is somebody knows what this is meaning ? i cant seem find the problem
    attached is de photon log it's having troubles with the master?
    hope someone will help

Attached Files:

25. madcow66666

madcow66666

did anyone get an update with the guild system in it?

actually post here if you purchased the product..I have a commercial license, but the author hasn't answered any of my emails i've sent him lately..hoping he just got busy..but I'd like to see how many of us actually own a copy of this.

26. madcow66666

madcow66666

has anyone that purchased this software, actually gotten the author to email them back ? I have requested Paypal refund my money for this product since what I received does NOT match what is shown in the latest video...it dosn't work at all grouping, and my player character randomly teleports back 20 feet when he approaches chests and monsters often.

The author has since stopped emailing me since I put in my claim with paypal...and has yet to send me another copy of this code...or answer any emails. If anyone else is getting emails from him please post here, otherwise I will have no choice but to contact Unity3d here and notify them of this author as fraud.

27. pimmie1988

pimmie1988

Still no anwser from him :(
    ive been waiting for a week now nothing i
    i dont think he is frauding but is afk because of something (maybe private reason) i hope he will anwser in a week
    otherwise i am also unable to do anything with this project and have to report this

28. madcow66666

madcow66666

Well I asked for my money back on paypal..and they said your not covered for that, cause its intangiable ...which is BS...but since i put that claim in back in dec 30th..i have not gotten an email from him..so he's ignoring me..which is illegal...hence why i mentioned fraud. I want this resolved quickly or im gonna have Unity3d remove his advertising from this board..cause he's honestly ripping us off.

I reported him to paypal because the code didn't match up with the last video...the grouping didn't work, my world to world chat didn't work, but worse yet, was how on windows 8.1 you can't attack monsters or open chests because it teleports you backwards from them. The UI is also messed up, I have a pretty huge list of issues that do not work...so why this was even allowed to be sold on paypal is mind boggling to me...clearly a rip off and nobody should even attempt to purchase this until those issues are resolved.

We are supposed to get bug fixes and i've yet to see/hear anything back since. big rip off if u ask me..he takes your money ignores you and runs away.

29. madcow66666

madcow66666

anyone working with this project will have to update their physics license as its expired and you'll have to get a new one. So if your wondering why your project suddenly stopped, check your logs, it will ikely mention DigitalRun Physics is now licensed.

just taking a quick count..how many ppl are running this product? anyone heard back from the author since last december? im still waiting for various email responces and another copy of the code/and or updates.

30. madcow66666

madcow66666

Got this working again with a new DigitalRune license key, the product is still junk, dosn't work in windows 8.1 without teleporting you back 20 feet each time u approach a npc or chest... author has completely bailed on replying to any of the 20+ emails I've sent his way...i'd advise anyone looking at this product to run the other way... he takes your money and gives no support, and the product dosn't even work, and Unity 5 totally breaks it btw.

31. Nostre

Nostre

If am not mistaking this project was created with Unity 3.5 and probably Windows Xp.

Ported later to Unity 4 and windows 7, I don’t know if the C# programmer has already produced a patch to update to Unity 5 Windows 8.

32. joncrzo

joncrzo

I recently purchased the commercial license and he's been very helpful with getting things to work with the latest Unity version.

I know the project doesn't seem to work with the latest photon version, but works fine with the version used on the setup tutorial.

He is actually working on a request someone requested and there's no ETA as far as I know.

Can't thank him enough for helping me out so much.

Just waiting to get the new files updated to work with Unity 5.

*Crossing fingers it will be soon!* :D

33. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, confused why the author hasnt posted on this thread yet has spoken to others privately, apparently.

Is thus compatible with Unity5?

34. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, Where did you purchase from?

35. joncrzo

joncrzo

While you can go in-game with Unity5, it still needs to be fixed because it gives errors when picking up events. It simply isn't updating in real-time.

I got it from him actually. He seems to be very busy lately as I haven't gotten a reply since September 21st.

Hoping to hear back soon.

36. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Ah I see. The links I tried to purchase from seem to be dead.

37. joncrzo

joncrzo

They are disabled, won't be able to purchase it.

38. joncrzo

joncrzo

He goes MIA a lot lately, promised to send a fix on friday and never got the fix, nor a message.

I've been able to get the project working on Unity 5 and the latest Photon Server. Project works fine now, but when compiling the client, there's an error with the minimap files that I haven't been able to figure out unfortunately.

I've been able to find out a few things about the project and many of the configuration inside the source. Like, the quest information is in the database, but the client doesn't request the information from the server, the information is hardcoded into the client. The information in the database is useless, because changing details makes no changes to the client.

There's a lot to learn about this, so far I was able to find how the item and spell icons works.. that's another thing.. the icon ID is not the same ID you'll find in the database. It's something called from the client itself.

There's also a hidden tool included with the source, it is an editor.. an standalone application to edit the database. (Pretty cool!!)

Hopefully, I'll get some updates from Stridervan soon.

In the meantime, if anyone needs help getting this up and running.. do let me know.

39. stephanydeschenes

stephanydeschenes

Hi , DigitalRunes.dll and some dll files cannot be found in files ... any help plz ?