Search Unity

My fully interactive 3D website is out! :D

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by mmilne, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mmilne

mmilne

I've just published version 1.0 of my website which uses webGL. Pls have a look www.punkoffice.com

erenaydin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Doesn't work for me on Dolphin. Says please enable webgl. I checked settings and appears to be no webgl support. lol I will look again later when I have more time.

3. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

might want to reduce the rotation speed a little, tried to drag left to turn to the next section and ended up doing an entire spin, it almost feels a little like you're standing on jelly at the moment, the way the camera slides and moves around.

There is also no indication from what you initially see that there is something to the left/right... not everyone is going to think to try dragging without any prompting :p

4. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

Finally unity is also a web Dev tool xD

5. mmilne

mmilne

Thanks for the tips. Someone else complained about the "slippery spin" so I might look into that. I think I should have instructions for enabling webGL because some browsers have it disabled by default.
    I used the Unity3D editor to build the scene but I used the Babylon.js exporter to convert it to a Babylon.js file. This way I only get a 2.2MB initial download and it works on IE and mobile devices. Even if you paid $1500 to Unity3D you wouldn't be able to get webGL working like this....and Babylon.js is completely free

6. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Website in 3d ????... Awesome idea! ;)

7. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

+1 ... no make that a +2 ;)

8. mmilne

mmilne

I might put on some tracking code to see if people are getting to the home screen and not moving. I purposely put in a shift to the centre when you enter the scene so users can tell that the scene moves. All it would take is a touch on the screen and the user will discover movement. The only case I can think of where a user won't move is if they go to the home screen and will not touch the screen at all because of lack of instructions. I'd say that's a rare case. When most people aren't sure what to do, they will click on something. I'm just trying to avoid cluttering the screen with tooltips and HUD elements unless its really worth it

9. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

This is an excellent idea! Thanks for sharing :)