Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My first Unity/Steam game - The Adventures of Tree

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by NinjaISV, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Does this game look fun?

1. Yes!

43.2%
  2. Kind of...

22.7%
  3. Not sure...

12.5%
  4. Not really...

12.5%
  5. No!

9.1%
  1. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hey guys,
    I just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think of my first Unity game: The Adventures of Tree.

When evil creatures known as "Florps" burst forth from the island's core, a lone Adventurer Named "Tree" must put an end to their destruction.
    Explore the large Open World in this RPG, survival, exploration/adventure game.
    Throughout the game you will have to make decisions that will affect what ending you get when completing the game.
    The game is open world and there are many secrets to be found on the island of Formagetus.
    This game also has a survival aspect and players will have to buy or find food for their character or face starvation.
    Upgrade your character with over 30+ weapons, tools and clothing.
    Kill creatures to gain experience used to upgrade your character's stats.
    If you enjoy 2d platform games, or just are up for exploring the hand drawn scenery, then this game is for you!

Basic Game Features:

-Full day/night cycle.
    -Change your characters look with a large arsenal of different items, tools and equipment.
    -Upgrade your characters stats by gaining experience and earning upgrade points.
    -Search the island for hidden secrets and Easter eggs!
    -Pick through 40+ quests to earn cash or progress your ending.
    -Use your gold coins to buy new items, invest in risky deals, or bribe enemies.
    -Do whatever you want, whether it be surviving the harsh winter landscape, or walking through the peaceful forest, there are no restrictions in this game.

Basically one day I was sitting there watching a YouTube video, and an ad popped up about Unity. (I had no knowledge about programming/coding before this - I didn't even know what a bool was...) I thought: Hey! That looks awesome! I wanna make a game! So I started working on a game... It wasn't pretty - I was fooling around blindly in C#, I had no clue what I was doing. Then I found Unity's tutorials. I spent around two weeks watching them/experimenting with coding then started working on a game again. Note: I was doing all the graphics myself, so I ended up with a lot of terrible art like this...

My older brother saw this, and almost started crying. (He's really good with art.) So he makes a deal with me, he does the art and I do the code, a 50-50 split. Fortunately I agreed and we started working on getting our game on Steam's Greenlight. (We've already been Greenlit and are on Steam Early Access.) Now it's been around seven months since we started this project, and I've learned a lot and have got quite a bit of progress into the game...
    Thanks!

Steam Demo:
    Steam Store:
    Indie Gala Store:
    Official Website:
    Official Store:
    Screenshots:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Jamster, landon912, tomicz and 5 others like this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

This looks like a very cool game. Very Indie. I like it a lot. The graphics are fantastic as well. Looks like a sort of cross between a retro DOS and Indie styles. I noticed some people on Steam really appreciate the unique look of the game as well with one commenter saying the graphics are much better than Skyrim's! Of course, I will be the first to say graphics don't make a game good or bad the actual game-play does that and Tree looks like it has that covered too. Well done!

NinjaISV likes this.
  3. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Thanks!
    :)

4. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Wow! If I had money to buy this, definitely would. :) Game reviews are all positive currently, and the game itself seems really fun. I'll probably buy this next time I buy a game. Good luck with it!

NinjaISV likes this.
  5. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Lol, guess it's not very popular...
    =\

6. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Don't think that! You've only posted one time, so the thread gets left behind because all of the other posts are being posted on. Posting updates on here will put your thread at the top of the page--that is when you do it.

But you never know, this could be a super amazing hit on Steam, but not on the forums.

NinjaISV likes this.
  7. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Thanks, glad you like it. I didn't think to post updates. Guess I'll start from now on.
    :D

8. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Update 27.800
    • Added tons of new options to the “Audio” settings.
    • Added a new awesome book to the menu that allows access to the unlocked cut scnenes.
    • Made the camera scrolling much smoother.
    • Made the player able to leave the boss room while fighting the Florp General.
    • Completely re-coded the Movie script for better performance, more features and for better transitions in and out of the movies.
    • Fixed a bug with the camera would allow it to get “stuck” sometimes before it was at the scene bounds.
    • Fixed a bunch of bugs with the final Florp General’s script that would make it not play the cut scene upon killing him, disable the players’ inventory, and a bunch of other bad things.
    • Fixed some grammar mistakes with the wheel-spinning man. (Some of his dialogue said” Congradulations” when it should have said “Congratulations” instead.
    • Fixed a bug with Bosses that made you lose some items when you respawned after dying on them.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to “fast travel” while in a boss fight.
    • Fixed a bug with the frogs that was making them unable to switch scenes.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to use doors if he was talking to someone. (If the dialogue bar was open.)
    • Fixed a bug that made the Green Gweed un-catchable.

Steam announcement

9. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

10. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Dang it! Stop posting these! i don't have the money right now to buy this! :p This game looks super cool, and I love the art; looks like you've got an active community, too. I don't like 2D platformer games...with and exception of this game. :) This makes me inspired to make a 2D platformer, something like this. Open world, RPG/quest elements. You guys have truly made an amazing game, keep it up!

NinjaISV likes this.
  11. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

@Whiteleaf Thanks for all the awesome, positive feedback!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  12. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  13. Diericx

Diericx

I would totally buy/play this game if I hadn't spent hundreds of hours on Terraria. I can't play any 2d survival games anymore with my PT(erraria)SD :D

It looks super clean though and really fun! Great job!!

14. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Thanks mate! Also, our game is a little more storyish than Terraria. You get to make choices that actually affect many thing throughout the game.

15. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Cool! There's not many games that do that.

16. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Update 27.900

•Improved performance even more.
    •Made mobs able to switch scenes flawlessly. (Sometimes they would randomly disappear and such.)
    •Made more items respawn that look like they should, and even some that don’t. (Clay, Iron etc…)
    •Made it so if the player Shift-Clicks or Right clicks in the inventory (Also in chests and furnaces.) while hovering over an item, the item will be moved to the appropriate slot. (E.g. If the player right clicks on an axe that is in his inventory slot, it will automatically go to his/her weapon slot.)
    •Updated some of the movie unlocking code so that a movie will be unlocked if the player has the Steam achievement relating to it.
    •Updated the item script to save the time of the item’s collections. This now fixes the bug that would respawn all the respawnable items in the whole game on a load.
    •Tweaked the arrows to shoot a bit lower from the standing position.
    •Fixed a bug with the map that was preventing the close button from closing the map.
    •Fixed a bug that was counting the mushrooms as slimes for the achievement “Red and Mushy.” (When you killed a mushroom, it would go towards the 10 slimes that you needed to kill and when you killed a slime, it wouldn't do anything.)
    •Fixed a bug the achievement “Green and Slimy” that was making it so hen the player caught a frog, it wouldn't increase the “frogs caught” number that Steam’s achievements went by to grant the achievement.
    •Fixed a bug that was preventing the player from passing the Sawmill without jumping through the air.
    •Fixed a bug with the Swamp that was making the frogs constantly disappear.
    •Fixed a bug with the throwing knife that would sometimes allow it to fly off into the sky, thus resulting in over 100 Gold Coins wasted!
    •Fixed a bug with Pink Hat’s dialogue that made the feather quest say underwater flowers and the underwater flower quest say feathers.

Hot-Fix 27.901

•Added a bunch of new items. (Pyromaniacs will love them!)
    •Re-worked lots on inventory logic which makes Shift-Clicking work better.
    •Fixed a bug that was causing items to fall through the ground.
    •Fixed a bug that made arrows sometimes disappear if shot through a scene.
    •Fixed a bug that was making the frogs impossible to catch.
    •Fixed another bug with the frogs (Passive frogs) that made them only able to jump right.
    •Fixed a bug that made some creatures just randomly disappear when loading an older save.

Steam announcements

XCO likes this.
  17. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I like the narrator. Dont know why you dont have a mac/linux build

NinjaISV likes this.
  18. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Seriously right now, I want to buy this game but I don't have the money, lol. :) That's...a lot of bugs. Good thing you found them all!

19. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Lol, yes, we've actually had a few people say that. :)
    Also, we currently don't support those platforms because we have some platform specific code that works only on Windows. (using imported dlls.) And it would also take a fair bit of work to port to Linux while in development stage. It has been considered though, and it is still being considered.

Thanks! Also, the community helps us by posting bugs in the Steam Forums which then allows me to spend more time coding and less time bug testing.

20. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Im not a fan of the slow combat. Attack the enemy, run backwards. Repeat. Maybe you should make the enemies jump back when you hit them. Anyways, the game looks really cool and I will definitely purchase when I have the time to play it. Congrats on the steam release! :D

NinjaISV likes this.
  21. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Yeah, we have added a bunch of new weapons that spice up the fighting in some newer updates they just aren't shown in the trailer. Also, thanks for the kind words. :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    calmcarrots likes this.
  22. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 27.902

•Added new awesome in game achievement system. (Stats are still a WIP.)
    •Updated the flaming sword particles to look better.
    •Updated the main menu. (Looks better and has day.night cycle now.)
    •Re-added Tree to the main menu. (He had somehow disappeared… Don’t even ask…)
    •Fixed a bug that made some mobs respawn way too fast and also some items as well.
    •Fixed another bug with the Frogs that would make them impossible to catch with a net as soon as the Player started building.
    •Fixed another bug that was making it impossible to get past the Sawmill.
    •Fixed a bug that made the Gweed impossible to catch or kill.
    •Fixed a bug that was preventing the wheel-spinning man’s “Daily Prize” and “Daily Winnings” to stay the same indefinitely. (If you got them once, they would never update.)
    •Fixed a bug with the Hawaiian Shop that made the music stay even after the player had left the shop.
    •Fixed another bug with the Hawaiian Shop that was making it impossible to leave if you didn't buy something from her.
    •Fixed a bug with the Inventory that would make found try to auto-equip if the player right clicked on it, thus resulting in the food moving to a different slot each time the player tried to eat.
    •Fixed a bug that made items spawn in tool slots if the inventory was full when picking up items.

Steam Announcement

23. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 27.903

Features
    •Brightened the main menu so it is easier to use.
    •Lowered the spike in the amount of experience points that are needed to level up after each level up.
    •Made the elevator come back down the elevator shaft if the player had left it at the Mountain Village.
    •Made the old men in the boat leave the small island and come back to Formagetus after around 5 minutes of waiting at the beach.
    •Made Steam achievements and in game achievements sync when the game starts.

Bugs

•Fixed a bug with the Slugs that made them stay damaged indefinitely after they were hit once, thus resulting in a useless, unable-to-attack-the-player Slug..
    •Fixed a bug with the Mookees that was making them run the wrong way when the player angered them, and made them go way slower than they were supposed once angered.
    •Fixed a bunch of bugs with the Mookees that live in the Moonkee Village. The main bug was making half of them unable to attack, but still run towards the player.
    •Fixed some bugs with the Water boy in the Fishing Village that caused him to fall into the Sea and get stuck permanently underwater.
    •Fixed a bug that allowed the Snokis to end up upside-down when going off of the log.
    •Fixed the bug with the Winter regions that made the player not get damaged from being cold for too long.
    •Fixed a bug that was resetting the players' experience points to 0 each time they leveled up instead of counting the leftover points towards the next level.
    •Fixed a bug that was making the the players' speed not increase while wearing items that were supposed have increased it.
    •Fixed a bug that would make the player unable to move and slide off of the edge of the boat it they talked to the fisherman while sailing.
    •Fixed a few bugs with the elevator that were making it despawn if the player had sent the elevator up or down, but didn't stay on it.
    •Fixed a bug that made the player never wake up if they had dreamed.
    •Fixed a bug that allowed the player to open their inventory while in a dream.
    •Fixed a bug with the in game achievements list that made them all look as if they were locked until the player clicked a button on the book.

Steam Announcement

24. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 27.904

Features
    -Made the camera's target save when the player quits. This prevents the camera from starting too low when a save is loaded.

Bugs
    -Fixed a bug with the campfire in the Hills scene that made it look terrible and made the smoke not rise, just accumulate in the fire.
    -Fixed the bug with the window in the first hills hut that was making it look like day, even in the middle of night.
    -Fixed a bug that made some creatures spawn out of thin air sometimes when the player had fast-traveled or switched scenes.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the little water boy fall into the sea, and was making a few other creatures do similar things.
    -Fixed a bug with the Frogs that was making them turn into weeny baby frogs when dropped.
    -Fixed a bug with the sun that made some places stay as bright as day, all through the night.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the player to 'carry' items by holding down "E" on dropped items, if the players' inventory was full.
    -Fixed a bug that was making plums acquired from trees give the player apples instead of plums.
    -Fixed an extremely annoying bug that would make the music and ambient go haywire at night. They would end up on random tracks that they shouldn't have been on, and all manner of other bad things would happen to them.

Steam Announcement

25. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

26. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

I will probably buy this! If not this time, hopefully next time it goes on sale.

27. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Thanks for being so supportive!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  28. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Build Update 28.000

New Features

-Added a new ending - Beach Life.
    -Added a new boss - Veezofooz.
    -Added a new creature - Crawler.
    -Added a new creature - Blorz.
    -Added a new creature - Fooz.
    -Added all three stages of the creature - Morphus.
    -Added a new Weapon - Bloody Sword.
    -Added a new location to the Map - Crystal Caves.
    -Added a new Cave scene that transitions to the Crystal Caves.
    -Added the scene Crystal Cave 1.
    -Added the scene Crystal Cave 2.
    -Added the scene Crystal Cave 3 - Veezofooz boss room.
    -Added a sign to the first Swamp scene warning new players of its dangers.
    -Updated the music in the Jungle Shop.
    -Added a bunch of Birds and Dragonflies to the Monkey Village scene.
    -Wrote a generic 'SwitchScene' script that works in all cases, thus cutting the scene-setup time way down.
    -Wrote a generic 'Creature' script that will save tons of hours when making new creatures.
    -Made the Zambee drop his sword on death,
    -Made the achievement 'Deep And Dark' achievable.
    -Made the achievement 'Persuasion' achievable.
    -Made the achievement 'Pyromaniac' achievable.
    -Improved performance by around 5-10%.

Bugs Fixed

-Fixed a bug that was making the camera spawn too low sometimes if the player fast-traveled or switched a scene, thus resulting in a black bar covering half of the screen.
    -Fixed a bug that would allow the player to 'float' in certain areas if they tried to walk against a wall in mid-air.
    -Fixed a bug that would make the game freeze for loading before the loading screen was fully faded in.
    -Fixed a bug that was making it impossible for Crows to be lured through scenes.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Wooden Shield disappear if dropped.
    -Fixed a graphical issue that was making some dropped items not get affected by lighting.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Florp General disappear if the player left the Hills Town Hall while fighting him.
    -Fixed a bug that was making it impossible to get past the Sawmill.

Steam Announcement

29. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

How-Fix 28.001

Bug Fixes
    -Fixed a bug that would make the player 'moon-walk' if an older save was loaded.
    -Fixed a bug that made the players' equipped gear only show up after they had opened their inventory when loading a save.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Porkies damage the Gweed in the Waterfall scene.
    -Fixed a bug that affected some older accounts which was making the player unable to walk.
    -Fixed a bug that made fast-traveling not work.

Steam Announcement

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  30. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 28.002

Bugs Fixed

-Fixed a bug that made the Jungle Shop music get overwritten by the night music.
    -Fixed a similar bug that was making the Crystal Caves' music and ambient get overwritten by the night tracks.
    -Fixed a bug that was making some Spiders and other small creatures disappear from scenes when the player had left it.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Florp start out of his cage in the Village Hut 1.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Bamboo render on top of the player in the Monkey Village.
    -Fixed a bug that made some shops not openable.
    -Lowered the overall brightness of the Fire Sword.

Steam Announcement

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  31. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Wow, that's a lot of bug fixes in one day. :)

32. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Yup. I try to address them as quickly as possible.

33. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 28.003

Bug Fixes
    -Fixed a bug that was making the player unable to talk with the Fisherman if they had more than six goo in their inventory.
    -Fixed a bug that was making burnt out torches randomly spawn in the players' inventory if they had ever lit a torch.
    -Fixed a bug that made the player freeze in mid-air if they had jumped.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the player unable to attack while at the 'edge-of-bounds' area.
    -Fixed a bug that was making smoke and water partials not move properly and sometimes render the wrong colour.
    -Fixed a bug that was rendering the flame on the dropped torch behind the torch.

New Features
    -Added a new item - Crude Map. This will allow the player to do far less walking when they first start the game. (It will only spawn in the players' chest if they restart their save.)
    -Changed the menu scene up so it's more visible and easier to navigate.
    -Moved the build number into the 'Settings' popup, thus making it out of the players' face, but also accessible from in-game.

Steam Announcement

34. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 28.004

Bugs Fixed
    -Fixed a bug that made the Water Flowers give the player nothing when they were picked and never respawn the rest of the game.
    -Fixed a bug that would allow some of the Crystal Caves creatures to attack the player even after they had respawned away from them.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the player lose the ability to use their map, inventory and everything else essential if they reached the 'world bounds' and made the edge of world popup not show.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the player to fast-travel out of the Veezofooz boss fight.
    -Fixed a bug that made the player unable to jump underwater and make around 200k splash sounds each time they tried.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the Crabbies to jump insane heights underwater.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the player to control their dead body sometimes.
    -Fixed a bug that made the player wiggle and glitch if they went on the bridge near the first Hills Hut.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the player to click play, then click other buttons while the loading screen was fading in.

Steam Announcement

35. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 28.005

New Features
    -Added new item - Blortz Steak.
    -Added new item - VeeZofooz Beef.
    -Added new item - Fooz Egg.
    -Added new item - VeeZofooz Antenna.
    -Added new item - VeeZofooz Heart.
    -Added audio to the Plantra.
    -Updated the fruit tree audio.
    -Made the small Morphus jump more often, and increased its hit-box.
    -Made all the Morphuss have random speeds so they can't get stuck inside one another.
    -Made the Blortz drop 1-3 Blortz Steaks and a 2% chance to drop a Crystal on death.'
    -Made the VeeZofooz drop 4-9 VeeZofooz Beef on death and drop 1 of his rare items.
    -Made the VeeZofooz boss unable to catch on fire.

Bugs Fixed
    -Fixed a bug that would teleport the player back into the Ranger's Hut if they tried to leave it through the door inside.
    -Fixed a bug that would allow the player to stand in the air above the front of the Fisher's boat and glide along in the air.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the player not move with the Fisher's boat if they stood at the very back of it.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Dude's Cap act like the Boost Hat in the Fishing Shop.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the fruit dropped from trees unable to be picked up after collecting them once.
    -Fixed a bug with the Porkie in the Hills Scene 1 that made him sometimes disappear.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the elevator instantly spawn down the elevator shaft if the player had jumped off of the cliff instead of slowly coming down later.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the Wheel of Fortune to spin at 0.00005 km/h around the whole wheel after almost stopping.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed creatures to damage the player even after they had killed him/her and they had respawned away from that creature.
    -Fixed a bug that would make the Blortz unable to walk or attack after respawning.
    -Fixed a bug that was making some items on the player that give off light not look right.
    -Fixed a bug that made the location arrow on the Crude Map flicker out of controller at the Farming Village.
    -Fixed a bug with the Crude Map's location box that would always stick '-Crude" at the end.
    -Fixed a bug that would make the Crude Map stop working if the player had died while viewing it.
    -Fixed a bug with the Army Guy's dialogue that made him say 'be' instead of 'pay' on one line.
    -Fixed a bug that made the player still get damaged from the cold even if they had left the Winter region.
    -Fixed a bug that made the snow disappear in the Winter scene.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Florp General's Crystal quest look blank if the player saved and quit off of the game.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Zambee not scream when it first saw the player.
    -Fixed a bug that would allow the Gweed to take damage from the Porkies in its scene.

Steam Announcement

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Whiteleaf likes this.
  36. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Just wondering, do you ever get bored replaying your game because of bugs? Unless you have bug hunters, which in that case do you think they get bored of playing it?

37. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

No, I don't do the bug testing. The bugs are reported by the community then I fix them.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  38. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Oh! Okay.

39. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Build 29.000

New Features
    -Added a new creature - Angry Bee.
    -Added 32bit support.
    -Added a new Scene - Flea Market.
    -Added a new Quest Menu where you can view all your active quests, who gave them to you and where they are.
    -Added a new light switch into Tree's house to allow the player to toggle the light in the Living Room.
    -Added new audio to the food items. They will also now play a sound that is more specific to what they are.
    -Added a new 'Level Up' popup that shows when the player levels up, making it easier to understand what the money bag and noise if from.
    -Added tips to the loading screen.
    -Added full mouse support and updated the Controls Menu.
    -Added a new Shop - Chinese Shop.
    -Added a new Item - Diamond Dagger.
    -Added a new Item - Spanish Sword.
    -Added a new Item - Explosive.
    -Added a new Item - Tomahawk.
    -Added a new Item - Slasher.
    -Added a new Item - Gooey Hat.
    -Added a new Item - Rice Hat.
    -Added a new Item - Stone Helmet.
    -Added a new Item - Spife.
    -Added a new Item - Spiky Club.
    -Made the fireplace in Tree's house ignitable.
    -Made the player able to collect honey from the beehive in the Forest.
    -Updated the health, hunger and energy bars.
    -Updated the Scythe's attack damage from 21 to 28.

Bugs Fixed
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the player to die but 'respawn' and take no damage.
    -Fixed a bug that would make the achievement popup show the latest achievement you had unlocked each time you played the game.
    -Fixed a bug that would sometimes make the achievement popup get stuck on screen while showing the player an unlocked achievement.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Indian's bird disappear if they player had quit off of the game then loaded their save.
    -Fixed a bug that made the 'Auto-Save' bar show when the player first loaded their save.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the light cast from a Glow Fruit stay even after it was picked.
    -Fixed a bug with the bubbles in the Swamp Waterhole that would make them sit at the bottom instead of rise to the surface.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the Frogs to jump with Moon gravity in the Swamp.
    -Fixed a bug that would make the Larva collide with the player.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Larva's death animation show the alive Larva.
    -Fixed a bug with the player that would make some items stay on the player even after the item had been removed.
    -Fixed a bug that was allowing the player to collide with the slime bits dropped when a slime ball hit something.
    -Fixed a bug that would make the player unlock the 'Pyromaniac' achievement each time they caught a Frog or Gweed with a Net.
    -Fixed a bug that was making Tree's walking and springing animations move his body higher than when he was idling.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Spider in the Shed fall through the ground.
    -Fixed a bug made the player able to click 'Resume' on the pause menu and leave active dialogue.

Steam Announcement

40. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 29.001

New Features
    -Added a new creature - Doggie.
    -Added a new quest giver - Viking.
    -Made Tree able to throw sticks.

Bugs Fixed
    -Fixed a bug that was making the player unable to switch from a few scenes to the next scene.
    -Fixed a bug that was making some active quest bars render empty.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Jubilee Jam quest giver give the player money instead of take it for the jam he is selling.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the VeeZofooz to flicker fire based lights.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Red Peppers in the Flea Market still look like they were there, even if the player had picked them.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the loading screen sometimes only fade in half way then hang.
    -Fixed a bug that was making it so that If the player flew in the Airship then quit to the menu while flying,when they re-loaded their save was erased.

Steam Announcement

41. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 29.002

New Features
    -Made the Doggie able to go through doors with the player.
    -Made the Doggie whine if the player tells him to sit then leaves.
    -Made the player able to buy Cloth off of the Weaver with or without the Mclean quest.
    -Made more Bees spawn if the player steals honey from their hive.
    -Added resolution to the graphics settings.
    -Updated the Doggie owners dialogue. (It was pretty pathatic.)

Bugs Fixed
    -Completely re-coded Mclean and his Airship, removing over 9 bugs.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Corn Farmer give the player a head of corn instead of a cigar.
    -Fixed a bug that made the player die if they fell off of the Airship instead of falling into the scene below them.
    -Fixed a bug that was making Twigs unable to switch screens.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the watermelon duplicate each time the player loaded their save.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the player unable to use the net.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Scythe give no damage.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Crow Bar disappear when the player switched scenes.
    -Fixed a bug that was making it so that sometimes when the player loaded their save, it would remove some items that were lying on the ground.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Doggie get stuck on many people and creatures.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Doggie unable to go through some scenes.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the Doggie spawn in the air a bit when he switched scenes.
    -Fixed a bug which made the player get fall damage based off of the time they had fallen, instead of how far the fell.
    -Fixed a bug that was allowing creatures underwater to catch fire.

Steam Announcement

42. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 29.003

Bugs Fixed
    -Fixed an issue that was causing the elevator to glitch out when switching scenes.
    -Fixed a bug that was making Chef Elfranko take 3 Onions from the player instead of 3 Corn when they completed the corn quest.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the smoke from the torch is invisible sometimes.
    -Fixed a bug that made checkpoints not work sometimes.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Map and many other things stop working after killing the Veezofooz.
    -Fixed a bug that made one of the Berry Guy's dialogue bars show up blank.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the sign in the Swamp spawn underground.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Doggie not fast-travel with the player.
    -Fixed a bug with the snow in the first Winter scene that was making it disappear.
    -Fixed a bug that made the smoke in Mcleans airship leave the air balloon.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the 'unlocked achievement' popup get stuck on-screen.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Honey look retarded in the inventory.
    -Fixed a bug that allowed Porkies to damage the player even after they had died and respawned.

Steam Announcement

43. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 29.004

Bugs Fixed
    -Fixed a massive bug that was corrupting the player’s save when it loaded it.
    -Fixed a bug with the Florp General that was making him glitch out after loading a save.
    -Fixed some massive bugs with the Spiders that were making them randomly fall through the ground and cause other strange anomalies.

Steam Announcement

44. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Wow, that's a lot of bugs in the past or two. I have to say you've got a good community, they find every little thing! :eek:

45. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Yeah, they're pretty awesome.
    :D

46. EETechnology

EETechnology

Very cool game.

47. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Thanks!

48. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Hot-Fix 29.005

Bugs Fixed
    -Fixed a bug that made the player unable to skip the cut scenes that they watched in the book on the menu.
    -Fixed a bug the allowed the player can press 'Enter' while a movie was playing and restart it.
    -Fixed a but that was making chest not spawn its its loot when the game first started.
    -Fixed a bug that was making the light bulb in the players house render on top of the player.
    -Fixed a bug with the little boy in the Village that made him always fall through the ground and glitch out.
    -Fixed a bug that made the Slider/Check box in the resolution settings section always show default values instead of the real values.

Steam Announcement

Whiteleaf likes this.
  49. Mr-GamingWatch

Mr-GamingWatch

Looks like you put/are putting a lot of time into this game.

I love seeing when people continue to develop a game.

Looks good, OP! Keep at it!

NinjaISV likes this.
  50. NinjaISV

NinjaISV

Thanks! I try my best to address all the known bugs as quickly as I can.