Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My first Impressions.

Discussion in 'PSM' started by danieljlezama, Apr 10, 2014.

1. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

Wow, looks promising what can be done with this.

I just tested things like ULTIMATE FPS package, an old version (V1.33), and after adjusting some inputs to recognize the gamepads and buttons it works pretty good, one weird thing is that I had to shoot by tapping the touch screen at least once so the R button start working, if I disable the mouse input then you can't shoot, so you need to keep this on and touch the screen the first time to work, once again I tested a very old version just for fun.

Other thing is that PS Vita Joysticks looks like they use inverted values, I mean if you move UP on your left stick you get -1 on Vertical.

Of course those weird things could be simple bugs that can be solved if I dedicated more time looking the code.

But so far looks Very good.

Another plugging that a I tested with a friend was NGUI, but this one seems to not work at all in the PS Vita, tested with an old version.

Also I did some test with some particles, and after some abuse it starts to lag the system.

I'ts very cool that lot of my prototypes worked by just Building it for PSM without touching any code.

2. DFP

DFP

I'm getting some screen tearing + the FPS drops below 60 (52-58 fps) on this scene, which is about 36000 triangles. So I suppose that might be where you want to limit the polys. The characters need to be reduced.

3. Mementos

Mementos

Do u used any image effects, and did u used baked or realtime lightning?

4. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

NICE ! So jealous, still waiting for sony to confirm my licence.
    How long did it take for Sony to confirm your licence?
    Does development build skip needed to add a lot of the information like on iOS and Android? ^_^

5. sillanstudios

sillanstudios

Sony took a while to confirm mine also. I just emailed them after a month asking them what had happened and I was approved straight away.