Search Unity

My First Book! Learn C# programming for Unity3D

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by SubZeroGaming, Dec 11, 2014.

1. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Hello,

I wanted to announce that my new book with Apress Media Publishing is finally accepting pre orders and alpha orders. The book is currently being updated for Unity3D 4.6x and will be fully completed come first quarter in 2015. If you'd like to get a feel for if this book is right for you, check out my signature below for relative links to my successful youtube series that got all of this started. If you enjoy the teaching style on Youtube, you'll sure enjoy the book!

Also, Digital Gaming Institute is now back in development! Drop your email and you'll be updated on release date information

DGI: http://DigitalGamingInstitute.com (Be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter)

Purchase the Alpha today through Apress: http://www.apress.com/9781430267522

Best,

Jonathan Weinberger

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    hippocoder and OboShape like this.
  2. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

I don't get why so many authors don't pay attention to mobile development. I would buy a book, if it could provide a wide explanation of how to optimize a game for mobile (2d&3d), OpenglEs 2.0 or 3.0?, multiresolution support, joysticks, and some tips and etc. There are a bunch of books, which says the same thing over and over, with some test game projects. I have bought like 15 books, but it's like buls*t. Authors don't understand that the one team man, will never build a PC game alone, well almost never(except some specific cases).

P.S. Don't saying that your book is not informative, I'm just angry(.

3. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

I couldn't agree with you more, Daler. You know what my opinion on every book is? They spoon feed you. I started my youtube series because I wanted individuals to learn how to solve problems on their own. I started doing that, and shortly after Apress contacts me asking to write a book similar to the style of teaching that I offer currently to my students and online. Sadly, I don't cover any Mobile development in this book. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just not what I was contracted for.

Does this book teach you to be a one man developer? No. Nobody is expecting you to go at it alone. The whole point of the book is to help you develop your programming skills and think for yourself. How many times have you stared at a blank screen and just had no clue what todo? You had to watch someone on Youtube or read a book to figure it out. That's frustrating right? My book solves that problem. I try to teach the reader how to solve each and every problem from scratch and how to utilize the scripting reference to help them do that.

I appreciate your opinion though. I'm right there with you! :)

DalerHakimov likes this.
  4. OboShape

OboShape

well done mate, and congratulations on the book :)

ive watched a few of your vids in the past and I like the style and information you deliver.

Keep it up and wish you all the best when the site and book are released!

SubZeroGaming likes this.
  5. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Thank you, I appreciate it!

6. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

Congrats on the release Jonathan wish you the best man

SubZeroGaming likes this.
  7. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

8. Samuel411

Samuel411

Good job! I don't think i'll buy the book since you know... I'm better than you at coding...
    But in all seriousness, congratulations on the book, not many people can say they wrote a published book.
    I'll be waiting for my check for all the code I wrote for you. :D

ManAmazin and SubZeroGaming like this.
  9. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Ha, thanks for the congrats sam.

10. neliuz

neliuz

Hi Jonathan and Unity3d community :)

I bought the book because Jonathan is better than me at coding :) and the way he teaches other people is amazing..
    I have had about 10 lessons from him, and now i am developing an application for IOS at work. Before that.. i was taking alot of courses to learn unity3d programming and thought myself nothing. The reason i believe that his approach for teaching others programming is so underestimated... I mean you can't teach f.eks basketball from youtube.. Sure there is anything on the internet that you can look up from a google search and find the programming problem, but you wont be a better programmer from copy paste. Jonathan makes you "the person" think and stumble when coding in unity3d and learn from it! He asks alot of question like why did we do this? and lets you again "the person" answer the question.
    Any ways.. enough from me :) i will be reading your book for christmas :) Thank you Jonathan and congratulations :)
    Not many people have a book under their belt :)

Cornelius

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Nice work on the book :)

Samuel411 likes this.
  12. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Thanks, hippo! :)

Thanks Cornelius for the review!

13. Cheetoturkey

Cheetoturkey

Congrats Jon! :)

14. atadeu

atadeu

where can find your book in ebook version ?