Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My First 2D Game : Disgons

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Batman_831, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Batman_831

Batman_831

I am fairly new to unity, especially unity2D, i watched a few tutorials on unity 2D game dev. and learned quite a bit, and finally created my first game Disgons !

Please try it out and give me suggestions on how it is, and what can I do more? I really need your suggestions.

About -

Disgons Is My First 2D Game, Made By Unity Game Engine, Disgons Is A Minimalistic game, it's a very simple game but challenging and hard at the same time. Objective is simple, "Make The Polygons Disappear !" you can only control the color of the screen using arrow keys.

To make the polygons disappear, you have to match the color of your screen with polygon's. Sounds Easy !? No ! DISGONS is simple game, easy to learn, but hard to master. Screen color layout is not easy to remember. However, you have only five colors to switch on !

What It Contains? -

Currently it only contains one tutorial level, and one playable level "Square". The level "Triangles" is in currently under progress.

Download Links ---

Only for Windows.
    File Size - 6-7 MB
    Download For 32 Bit(x86)
    Download For 64 Bit(x64)

Extract And Play ! Works Best With Wide Screen Resolutions.

Please Note -> The Game Uses Save File For Saving Highscores. The Save Location Is -
    D:\GameSaves\DisGons
    If The Game Is Unable To Show Your Score And Highscore, then probably either the save file located is corrupted or The Local Disk D:\ doesn't exists in your system.

Commands-
    The game uses some commands to check it's limits.
    during game-play press Esc to pause the game. The text box will appear, in that text box following commands can be used -

speed.add.X*
    * adds X speed to initial velocity of the polygons spawned. where X is a integer.

time.add.X*
    * adds X seconds to the time interval between the spawn point of 2 polygons, by default the spawn time between 2 polygons is 5 sec, which can be changed by this command for example to reduce time interval by 3 sec. use this command at the start of the game.

time.add.-3

reduces the time interval between polygons by 3 seconds.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Batman_831

Batman_831

No Replies :(

3. der_r

der_r

Can you upload a web version? Most people (me included) won't download an installer or zip to test and give feedback.

4. Batman_831

Batman_831

Thanks for your suggestion but I can't create a web player build because it uses System.IO to Read/Write Save File for level score and high score.
    According to references and docs, the webplayer does not gives permission to write read anything from your hardrive, and therefore this game is not fit for web build.
    The file size is only 6-7MB if you download.

5. der_r

der_r

I don't mean to offend you, but I think we playtesters don't need highscore functionality to test your game. If you use simple compiler directives you can exclude all file i/o functionality without too much hassle.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. Batman_831

Batman_831

No Problem. I will try to create a web build. The Only problem is it it also saves the score to display it after the game, but i am trying to combine score scene and gameplay scene into a single scene which will display score without saving.

I will post the link if I am successful in doing so :D

7. Batman_831

Batman_831

It's still problematic... i think Download And Play is the only option i can offer...

8. QPRocky

QPRocky

TheValar likes this.