Search Unity

Music asset creators (songwriters) - new market for you

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jerotas, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jerotas

jerotas

Hi songwriters,

Our best-selling flagship product, Master Audio (on the Asset Store here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/168074-Master-Audio-RELEASED-Complete-audio-setup-amp-control-tool), will in a few days have support for layered music in an unprecedented way. Each layer will have cross-fading built in (where the new clip keeps the position of the old clip - we call this Synkro!), with a "jukebox" section for each layer visible in the Inspector. The multi-jukebox is visible on this page: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/16...-Complete-audio-setup-amp-control-tool/page23

That means songwriters can create several "stems" (single instrument tracks) and variations of them, for "dynamic music" within Master Audio. We have 35 Playmaker custom actions as well as a powerful EventScript that can both manipulate these playlists controllers without the user writing any code to say, change the drum beat during a boss battle. The possibilities are limitless.

We created this feature after several requests for such a system. And the feature is exclusive to Master Audio. You can email us for a free copy of Master Audio or to ask questions at support@darktonic.com. We hope to hear from you!

You can market multi-track music as "Master Audio Synkro-ready" so our vast customer base will be able to find it. Also we can include some samples of your work in our demo scenes if you send us some multi-track clips. If you release such a package, feel free to post on the Master Audio thread!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

Also, be sure to use these graphics in your marketing materials for maximum impact!

$master_audio_bar.png

$Synkro(tm)_ready.png

$Synkro(tm)_icon.png

3. jerotas

jerotas

Here is the video showing how to set up a 3-track layered soundtrack. Easy!

4. lukitone

lukitone

Great job. I will be releasing many "Master Audio Synkro-ready" Music Packs in the Future.
    Is there a possibility to controll the crossfadespeed?

5. jerotas

jerotas

Thank you! Well the cross-fade speed is tweakable, yes. You could include a recommended cross-fade speed in the notes for your package. It would be up to the user to set that up in a couple seconds.

We look forward to your packages! If you would like us to include a sampler of any such music with the plugin, shoot us an email when ready and we will evaluate it for demo scene use.

6. lukitone

lukitone

Will do :) Thank you very much.

7. sonicviz

sonicviz

Curious if anyone has run with this?

8. jerotas

jerotas

I know there are some people working on some multi-track music for this, but not sure if any are done. I also know some people that have been making their own Synkro music tracks for their own games, not for the Asset Store.

9. sonicviz

sonicviz

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've actually developed a full multitrack music app with downloadable assetbundles (unreleased as yet) and had somehow missed this thread.
    I've been wondering what Synkro is...I missed the explanation but keep seeing it pop up and just decided to research it now.

I might play around with it more and see how MA/Synkro might work with it. Currently using AudioToolkit for it.

ty!

10. jerotas

jerotas

Sounds good. I'm sure there are hundreds of our customers using Synkro in a multitrack fashion as we have over 2,500 Master Audio customers now. We also have quite a few users who have defected from Audio Toolkit and SoundManagerPro after outgrowing those solid, yet more limited products.

I am always interested in opinions of our software coming from people who have used 1 or more competing products!

-Brian

11. srmojuze

srmojuze

12. jerotas

jerotas

Master Audio doesn't require anything out the ordinary. It will work with wav files, mp3's or ogg's just like normal Unity. Basically you just to export your tracks.

13. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

This sounds really cool for ingame custom tracks too. Glad i already have Master Audio. Now to find some time to try this out.

14. jerotas

jerotas

Right on 99thmonkey!

15. srmojuze

srmojuze

OK cool will investigate further.

16. jerotas

jerotas

Sounds good srmojuze. By the way, Master Audio now is fully compatible with Unity 5 beta, we downloaded it and made the necessary changes.

srmojuze likes this.
  17. srmojuze

srmojuze

Hi jerotas, I experimented making my own basic layering audio, but will focus the next few months on releasing Synkro ready tracks.

You can see the preview of my music here:

As mentioned it's too crazy coding myself so any music I create I plan to release as Synkro ready. Cheers and speak soon. Will need high-res versions of your logos, and hope in the next few months you can include some of my music in Master Audio demos.

18. jerotas

jerotas

That would be great! If you like your layered music we will do so. If you can keep the file sizes smaller you will have a bigger chance.

srmojuze likes this.
  19. srmojuze

srmojuze

Cool :) I played with it just then, I think for my first Music Pack "Vocal Mystique" I will have around 8 sections for different suggested playlists (chill, vocal, non-vocal, exciting, etc). Then I will have a set of clips specifically for Synkro if people want to get in there and "sequence" the Synkro parts together... If this makes any sense.

Cheers and Master Audio is very impressive, hopefully I can have a video demo-ing my music in Master Audio by end of this week.

20. jerotas

jerotas

Sounds good!

21. srmojuze

srmojuze

22. srmojuze

srmojuze

Hi jerotas and others, I am now submitting to the Asset Store, hopefully good news soon! :) Hope my usage of MasterAudio and Synkro branding is appropriate and look forward to any cross-promotional activities in the future. Thanks for all your help thus far.

23. jerotas

jerotas

Looks great srmojuze! Thanks for the update.

srmojuze likes this.
  24. srmojuze

srmojuze

25. jerotas

jerotas

Pretty cool! If you'd like to send us some short layered samples of this, we would consider changing out our sample music for yours.

srmojuze likes this.
  26. srmojuze

srmojuze

Cheers...! I am in discussion with my main sound licensor. Now I'm planning for the next several months :)