Search Unity

Multiple cameras, first to HMD, second to screen, second is horizontally stretched

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by lurd, Feb 1, 2016.

1. lurd

lurd

I would like to render a seperate camera for the screen and one for the HMD.

I turn on VR mode, and configure the cameras accordingly, then manually disable mirroring via code.

The result is the primary camera rendering correctly to the HMD, the secondary camera is rendered to the display but is however stretched horizontally.

I am running the latest 5.3.2p1

2. williamj

williamj

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This is expected behavior. When you disable mirroring via code you should also Reset the FOV. When we recognize that a camera will be rendering to the HMD we immediately set the FOV to the FOV of the target headset. So initially we think that the secondary camera will be a 'VR camera' and we set the FOV accordingly. So when you set the secondary camera to render to the main display we don't know what to do with the FOV. Anyway, reseting the camera FOV should fix that.

If you're seeing a different issue entirely, let me know and I'll dig into it.

Thanks
    Will
    Unity QA

3. lurd

lurd

Thanks for the quick reply on this.

Unless I'm doing something stupid (quite possible!) then I've still got a problem.

Even after messing with the cameras fieldOfView setting I still have a vertically squashed image on the main display. Below is what it looks like.

http://imgur.com/cZPmM1G

4. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

@lurd Could you submit a bug report with your project and post just the case number here? Thanks.

5. lurd

lurd

Thanks guys, case 766737.