Search Unity

Multiplayer/PVP/Trade - assistance

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Done4Good, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Done4Good

Done4Good

hi, i'm a student programmer and still has a lot to learn,

i'm wondering if somebody could help me create a game with pvp and trade system? currently, i am using an asset on unity store that supports multiplayer. The Atavism asset. The only thing is, some of their files are protected and hidden for other users.

on the asset, PVP and Trading is soon to be implemented yet, so i have to improvise coz i need the pvp and trade badly..

can somebody direct me to some tutorials or helpful links that would help me set up a simple pvp and trade system?

THNX in advance! and good day!

2. jpthek9

jpthek9

Hey D4G, you want to check out Unity's tutorials (just Google them; start with the beginner ones) to get a good grasp of the code. As for specific tutorials on creating a multiplayer pvp and trading system (I'm guessing MMORPG style), I don't think you're going to find a good one because they're fairly obscure topics that should be specific to your game. If you learn Unity/C#'s ins and outs as well as understand the multiplayer solution you're using, you should be able to create a pvp and trading system better than anything you could make by copy-pasting code from a tutorial.

Once you've acquired the necessary skills to make your game and you need help brainstorming general designs, I'm willing to help. You haven't given much to work with though.

For pvp: Is the pvp like the Runescape click-combat style or like that of WoW?

For trading: This is too broad. Just paint a picture for what you want or give an example.

tylerguitar75 likes this.
  3. Done4Good

Done4Good

thnx for the tips,the tutorials that i'm looking for are ones that teaches basic coding techniques for me to further improve my coding skills coz right now, i'm still a beginner.

for the pvp, same as WoW, both duel type and arena style pvp.

as for trading, basic trading system will do, where in player buys items with gold or whatever currency being implemented in game, but i want to further improve it by adding a item to item exchange. Like requiring the player a specific item in exchange to the item the player wants

4. JamesPro

JamesPro

For Atavism you will need to know Java in order to create Server side Plugins and you will need at least the Vet. License in order to be able to create Server side Plugins.The Vet. License is $270 however if you have the starter license then you will only need to pay the difference between the 2 licenses so it would be $200. Unless of course you already purchased the Vet. License or higher.