Search Unity

Multiplayer Online FPS - Combat Company

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TiagoCarvalho, Jan 17, 2014.

1. rsoares

rsoares

lol newbie mistake right there, yes its working now.. But how many players ware online at same time 5 / 10?

the WWW class cant handle it, thats not its job no matter how good the hosting server is when you dealing with thousands of requests per second the WWW class will lose most of the request's sent, because its an send and forget type of request and it cannot recieve 2 requests at same time. obviusly you dont notice it now latter it just wont work properly.

Just saying you can fix it now, or redo the whole project later.

2. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

New video update,

This update contains two maps, "Medieval" and "Contra". Knives were added to the game, as well sniper quick scoping. Numeric ping were replaced by ping bars. Servers can now be created with 2-4-6-8-10 maximum players. Weapon accuracy were balanced on every weapon.

Forum is now created and can be accessed on www.forum.combatcompany.bl.ee

You can play the webplayer version at www.company.tk/Player.html

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  3. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Hey all,
    Since days of hard working to change the whole networking system from the default unity networking to a more advanced one, today i've finished.
    Changing the networking system isn't a easy job, doing that means changing the whole game structure! anyway..
    With this new networking system, players no longer need to open servers, they open rooms, and once they left the room, room master changes to another player.
    One of the Combat Company limitations is gone, finally i got a nice working networking system. Also with this new networking system there isn't anymore restrictions to windows only, now it can run on MAC OS! Links to download will be available on website, but since I haven't any MAC OS i didn't tested, but I hope it works.

Ps: Since I can't test everything with just a computer, please report to me any bug you find in this new update.

Attached Files:

4. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Standalone versions are discontinued.
    I've stop building standalone version by several reasons. Instead having 3 builds for each platform, i've just made one, for every platform (windows, mac & linux), with the graphics quality and maps, just like the old standalone versions.
    I'm using now asset bundles so maps are loaded on joining room. With asset bundles i could decrease like 50% of the file fize, for about 9Mb.

Follow Combat Company forum at www.forum.combatcompany.bl.ee

5. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Finally i could get human characters working. They are from BootCamp project, I'll change later on them.

Here is the video #14

Play the game at http://ccompany.tk/play

6. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Hey,

New video Update,

I've changed the characters, they are from CS 1.6 I guess, I've downloaded them for free on the internet, and I'll change them later on. Also I've changed the User Interface, so it's now more dynamic. I've also improved the performance and the networking bandwidth. Enjoy the video, and if you want to play the game click the link below.

Website http://ccompany.tk

7. zKarmaRec7z

zKarmaRec7z

A great game! I really like it! ;D

8. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Thanks!

9. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

New Update #16

In this video I present new sound effects, new hand look, improved chat system. Knives are also improved. I've made also some changed on the website, more concretly on the rank list, where now you can search for a specific player. I also added the rank on the player info ingame! To finish the video there is a little gameplay. Enjoy the video, and if you want to play the game click the link below.

Website http://ccompany.tk
    Forum: http://forum.ccompany.tk

10. nigelrock1234

nigelrock1234

Hey [GM]KASPALL-
    Remember me??? It's ExorcismShOT that we played on 16/11/2014...You asked me to write some message....Yeah,i would like you make some zombie mode...And thanks for add me as a friend!!!!

See you in game!!!!
    ExorcismShOT

11. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Hey,
    Thanks for your comment, i'll keep that in mind!

12. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Hey,

Just finishing another update, this one bringing back the human characters, new UI, and much more!
    Here is some screenshots:

13. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Update #17

14. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Update #18

15. TiagoCarvalho

TiagoCarvalho

Update #19

[media]