Search Unity

Multiplayer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Next Update?

1. Collision

50 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Day Night Cycle

72 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Save the level , skills and inventory...

152 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Character Customization

92 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Teleportation portals

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Basic GM commands

37 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Resolution dependand GUI

15 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Hey , your Multiplayer Kit is very awesome im waiting for new update but i think you make a good job now in this :)
    -Cheers

2. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you, i have now added custom navmesh drawing.

3. Sickuhtrix

Sickuhtrix

I cant wait to see the update for Photon, I love Photon (I use it for all my projects).

The kit looks amazing with Smartfox, and the fact you're updating it to Photon just makes it that much better.

Great work Zerano, I may purchase this once the update comes out.

4. gie005

gie005

This looks really good. Can you guess when it'll be released ?

5. Sphelps

Sphelps

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

No sorry, i can not say when it is done. I have row bones for the ai system, which needs to be filled now, this is some more complex and would still take some time, everything else would not take that long.

7. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Woh navigatoon looks great, i want to say good luck with this, if you have amy problem/question tell me ;) Happy Christmas coming soon :D

8. gie005

gie005

Wouldn't it be cool if he gave out the update on Christmas ? :)

9. gie005

gie005

Will navmesh/the other features work in Unity Free too ?

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, sorry that it takes so long, i had an ai system mostly finished, but then i was not realy happy with it and started creating a new one mostly from scratch. But i think the waiting will be worth it.

Here are some information about the single player version, the multiplayer version will change a little bit though.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  11. gie005

gie005

Looks good :) Can't wait for the release!

12. gie005

gie005

Saw on your site that you have released the AI system, does that mean the advanced multiplayer kit is nearly completed? (like around 1-2 weeks more) :D

13. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hey Zerano.. I just found this kit after purchasing two others this morning only to find out they wasn't what I was looking for.. After seeing your kit, I wish I hadn't threw away the $75 on the other two!

I'd like to ask a couple of questions without making assumptions (like I did this morning on the other two lol) before purchasing this kit.

Basically what I am looking to do is create a custom client to connect to an already built server core. I'm hoping I can use Unity to send packets with opcodes which the server recognizes to trigger actions as well as using the already existing database structures. I'm looking at stripping out the world and assets and build all that using custom world maps and asset collections from the asset store.

I grabbed Photon this morning and am planning to see if I can customize the security stuff to get that to work with it. Are the scripts that are in your kit written in C#? The other two I found out after purchasing were JavaScript using the Unity Web client. I'd prefer to keep it old school for now and maybe explore doing something like that later down the road.. Also as far as the server component I'm wondering if it is written in C# or C++.. This is my first dive into C#. Did I read somewhere that C# apps require Window?

I'm basically just in concept stage right now.. And from the looks of what you have got so far, I may just scrap the emulator all together and just migrate some of the database structures.

Also I'm assuming all the mysql stuff is serverside and not on the client, correct? If they are on the server too, I wonder if code could be modified to use some type of compressed data file similar to those used by Blizzard (DBC within MPQ), Sony (been so long since I looked at emulators based on their games I don't remember the files but remember they had them lol), and probably the other big game companies to serve client data locally.

At any rate, with this being a kit I just wanted to verify that I would have the ability to get in and edit code to attempt to meet my requirements..

Thanks in advance for your response!

14. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, this kit is not that much flexible at this stage. It uses a thirdparty server called smartfoxserver2x. And the server side code is written in java. Client code is written in C#. At the moment i am reworking the whole kit, to work with photon standalone. However i can not say when it will be finished, since i also do not want to break making updates for my other kits.
    The database is called from the server. In theory you can use your custom local or serverside database, howerver this is not pat of this product.

All in all i would not recommend this product until it is reworked and converted to photon.

15. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I was just looking at the source and help files in the Photon Server SDK and noticed the MMO Demo.. Is it safe to assume that is the code you are looking at migrating to? If so, it has full opcode and eventcode support and might work.. If not, the more I look at your project the more I like what I see.

Oh, the other question I had was regarding NGUI. With you building the GUI around their toolbox does that mean we will be required to purchase NGUI or are you able to redistribute it since it is part of the project? Also, if we have to purchase it to use the kit, is the current kit already built around it or is it still using the Unity GUI atm with NGUI being in the next release of the kit?

Thanks for the quick response and the awesome work you are putting into the kit!

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well it will be similar with operation codes and event codes...
    Currently the kit uses the default unity gui. Yes you would need to buy NGUI when i release the update and the new unity gui is not out. At the moment i am not doing a lot of ui stuff in the hope unitys gui will be released soon.

17. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Cool! I'm sold.. Gonna go ahead and grab it and at least start world building. Think I'll scrap the whole porting the other server idea and see what I can do with your kit and other assets that are out there..

Last question for now.. lol Are updates included with purchase or are there upgrade fees?

18. DevionGames

DevionGames

Updates are included.

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well thank you for the purchase, i am sure you will need some help to set it up. You can add me on skype tharon211 and i can help you with teamviewer.

20. gie005

gie005

Are there any updates to this yet?

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, at the moment no, very sorry, it all takes longer then i thought, but it is mostly always like this.
    I have also exams soon, so i will have less time then i have already. :(

22. gie005

gie005

Ah that's alright. Your exams are a lot more important than this project. Good luck!

23. GeorgeAmos

GeorgeAmos

Hi Zerano,

I am interested in this kit. However, right now, I cannot afford the current price. I think the price is worth it, because there are many good features in the kit.
    Is the zerano-unity3d store gonna have any more discounts such as the 50% off?

I tested the MOBA with the armored 2 swords knight. There is a small space between his legs and body, maybe this is just the character mesh issue. Overall, the IK is good. The mecanim controller looks very good.

Thank you for publishing these kits. Very good quality and very innovative from what I saw.

24. Ronith

Ronith

i bought this package and everything works as documented.

Thank you zerano!

25. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well some day there will be discounts for sure.

Thank you, great that you like it.

26. gie005

gie005

How is the kit going?
    Have there been any new features you're working on, or any other kind of update?

27. gie005

gie005

Oh yeah, will the looting be the same in the new version as it was in the old version(s) ?
    (As in, will loot dropped by enemies still be dropped as items on the floor or will you be able to loot their body by right clicking and a window with availbable loot will appear)

28. ks1966

ks1966

Hi, this is a nice kit :) i am planning to purchase it but i couldnt see any documentaion or info or suc htings. Actually I want to check the tool first how complicated it is. Can you maybe provide me only the documentation pdf file, so that i can see how complicated is that really or am I ready to somehow edit the tool for my needs. I am asking this because in the first post you wrote you dont provide any documentation.

Do you have at least a walkthrough pdf file or information file or something like that to let us see who complicated is that? I mean something more than the first 4-5 videos to get more info. anything will be appreciated...thanks!\

And very very very important... You told that you will make it work with photon sevrer, so I am just waiting for the update coz I dont want to purchase smartfox licence and then the photon update comes :) Any new about the new update? When will it be finished, thanks! (this is more important then the documentation)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  29. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well i can not tell when the new photon version will come out, when it comes out there will be documentation for it.

30. ks1966

ks1966

So, when we purchase this kit now and i build my game on smartfoxserver, then the next update photon. How will I be able to convert this to photon one? will it be hard or do you suggest me to just wait for the update? just do you suggest me to purchase the kit now, and give it a try on smartfoxserver (http://smartfoxserver.com/download/sfs2x#p=installer)(I think this handles up to 100 users for free right? this is what i understand here, can you help me with it if i got it right?)

After my experiments with the kit, i can just build my real game when we get the photon update. what would be your suggestion? ( Wenn auf deutsch zu reden dir besser ist, kannst du ja die antwort direkt auf Deutsch schreiben :) )

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hehe well i can speak better german, but i should answer in english :D Well i would suggest to wait, since it will be something mostly completly diffrent. You can build your scenes without the kit at all. I can help you to setup it or if you have any questions i will try to answer them.

32. ks1966

ks1966

Ok then, you have to promise me that you will not rise the price :D I will definitely need you help for that. the you should better hurry, otherweise I will purchase this kit and will start writing here everyday "where is the update, will you not update yet, when will you update, we are waiting for the update" :D

Seriously, when do you plan to release the next update? can you give a time interval?

33. gie005

gie005

He said he doesn't want to neglect his other projects, yet he has completely neglected this one for so long. :(

34. gie005

gie005

Will we see the new version come out in June/July ?

35. gie005

gie005

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

37. gie005

gie005

Will there be a preview kind of update during the summer?
    I'd like to see what has changed

38. gie005

gie005

Hey, if you need someone to beta-test the MMO-kit, I'd be up for it (I have little to nothing to do this summer)

39. inflame

inflame

How to change classes ? and Start location ?

40. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Is this kit still being worked on at all? Kinda almost feels like it has been abandoned for other projects... Almost wishing I had held off purchasing it now... :(

gie005 likes this.
  41. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well right now it is on hold, but i am sure i will continue working on it. The RPG Kit was also a very long time on hold, while i worked on the AI For Mecanim and then i integrated it into the rpg kit. This will be also a base here, where i want to extend it to support photon standalone.

42. gie005

gie005

So the new version of the MMO kit will just be the RPG Kit 2.0 with Photon Standalone support? Or will it have MMO editors and commands and such?
    Because I've seen that you've gotten some compition: http://www.atavismonline.com/

43. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

When I purchased, I chose this one because it was multiplayer but now it looks like the RPG Kit is getting all the love and is now multiplayer. What is supposed to be different about the two since they both now appear to be multiplayer. If I had it to do all over again, I would have purchased the RPG Kit. :(

To be honest, I wish you would just combine them since they both seem to be targeting the same audience now.

44. gie005

gie005

I kinda feel the same way as Shawn67. Could you tell us what differences you have planned for the two kits?
    Also, could we expect the MMO Kit V2.0 to come out this december/early 2015? (now that the new Unity UI is already in beta)

45. inflame

inflame

Когда обнова будет ?_

46. gie005

gie005

I think the developer has given up on it a long time ago. :(

47. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Wish I wouldn't have spent the money on it now.. Pretty bad when the author doesn't even give the courtesy of a response. He is active here in his other threads but has pretty much abandoned this one it seems... :(

48. DevionGames

DevionGames

I simply do not have that much time right now :(

49. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Any chance we can get switched to RPG Kit (which was a single user product when I purchased this - thus the reason for me purchasing this one) which has seemed to get all the updates this kit should have got?

50. DevionGames

DevionGames

Please contact me in private using pm or skype(tharon211).