Search Unity

[multiplayer fps] War Heroes - update 9

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by gamadgames, Aug 7, 2014.

?

Would you play the alpha when it is released?

1. Yes

46.2%
  2. No

15.4%
  3. If I have time

38.5%
  1. gamadgames

gamadgames

logo3 - kopie.png

latest video:

War Heroes is a first person shooter that is still WIP.
    At this point I'm only making the basic things.
    But I hope I can add in the final game a new sort shooter.

update 4:
    https://youtu.be/KD1oXedQWgU

update 5:
    https://youtu.be/CVDFF5-bodw

update 6:
    https://youtu.be/gtKRTJDu5iU

update 7:
    https://youtu.be/ZQSbDe_snPE

updates 1-6:
    https://youtu.be/8dwV6pouHFI

Industrail Maze trailer:
    https://youtu.be/TmrkCM3Bqj4

Industrail Maze soundtrack:
    https://youtu.be/8DqD1gNY0rg

Work in progress monday part 1:
    https://youtu.be/31wPp1_pNq0

Work in progress monday part 2:
    https://youtu.be/Ub-rXp2k3KU

Work in progress monday part 3:
    https://youtu.be/TzruBp8Pikw

I work for the past few months on this project and I(actually my friend) finally record the first update.
    This is the first project that i'm working on in Unity before I developed in Blender.
    War Heroes also has a menu and a login system, what I did not show because it's a bit boring

The game wil be just a normal multiplayer fps, but i hope i can make some special game modes, the concept for the most important game mode is a sort of online fps city defense and attack each other

functions:
    -spawn system
    -pre-scoreboard
    -aiming
    -kill/health system
    -chat
    -dynamic death animation

controls:
    Mouse: Look Around
    WASD: Walk
    RMB: Shoot
    R: Reload
    Enter: Chat
    Space: Jump

feedback is welcome

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. gamadgames

gamadgames

I'm glad to present the second update of the game:

updates:
    Animations, WIP
    better Scoreboard
    killfeed
    New soldier model
    updated map
    bloodscreen

badly enough the scoreboard worked at home, but i wil fix that.
    Also i will made the animations better and i will add sound.

please comment, i will appreciate that

3. gamadgames

gamadgames

updates:
    gun sound
    fixed Scoreboard
    sway
    other players are no longer laggy and there are new animations
    updated map
    new arms
    lightmap

please comment

4. IAmCraigSnedeker

IAmCraigSnedeker

Looking good!

gamadgames likes this.
  5. gamadgames

gamadgames

welcome to update #4

updates:
    +crouching
    +improved map
    +weapons do not go through objects
    +the damage is affected by distance
    +Glock 19 (animations WIP)
    +networked shooting sounds
    +many bugs fixed

please like, share, comment or subscribe

6. steelersfan252

steelersfan252

Game looks amazing, I would love to strike a deal with you. Please PM me your skype or add me at : utansdefenderofmavas

gamadgames likes this.
  7. gamadgames

gamadgames

welcome to update #5

updates:
    +bullet spread
    +difference between Full-Auto and Semi-Auto weapons
    +3d sound fixed
    +SR25 Specail thanks to Niels [Rogari] for making this model
    +recoil

please like, share, comment or subscribe

8. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Please fix graphics.
    Makes it hard to watch ;(

9. Ronald_McScotland

Ronald_McScotland

Level design's looking good, I like that you've made the level have several vertical layers instead of all being flat. A few of the rooms are looking a bit empty at them moment though. Perhaps you could add some more clutter to improve the look and provide some cover as well.

10. gamadgames

gamadgames

thank you for you feedback
    @Tiny Man, I shall try for next update to improve the graphics. Ideas how to do it are welcome of course.
    @Ronald_McScotland I'm indeed still working on the level. Each update I try to make it better. The rooms (shops) will be filled in. Also for this are ideas welcome.

11. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

PBR, learn how to control shading, textures.

gamadgames likes this.
  12. gamadgames

gamadgames

Since the last time I looked some tutorials for shading and better graphics (which I shall improve soon)
    But the I worked mainly on the main menu,
    Here some pictures:
    Menu_main.png Menu_play.png Menu_login.png
    Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it really.
    Feedback for the main menu (or the gameplay) are welcome.

13. gamadgames

gamadgames

banner.png

Welcome to update #6 of War Heroes! I’m sorry it took a little bit long since the latest update. My hard disk crashed so I had to recover all the data. I spent much time on that. But here is the new update!

First I made a new menu. It has the new UI system of Unity 5. You can still switch to the old menu, but that will stop when the menu is fully operational.

I also added at the login-screen a “play as guest” button, so it is possible to try the game without directly signing in. You can play the whole game but will not be saved online.

Everything in the server list works just as a normal server list, except for the ping, which is still not working. In the first column you can see whether it’s an official server or not. It’s possible to get an authorization for official hosting. Once you get the code, you type that code into the right field and then you are also an official server. Only popular and reliable servers get this code. In the second column you can see whether it has a password or not. The settings you see on the right in the lobby are not working yet, but everyone who joins can see the same settings.

Maybe much better news is the new map! In the new map I use the new system of unity 5 for lighting. I’m still working on the best settings, especially I have to change the silhouette of the other players into realistic players. The map is divided in 4 parts as you can see on the photo. I appreciate it if you could give your view on the objects divided in 4 parts. I also need a name for this map so please mention (original) names in the comments. The graphics in this map are much better than the first map (Success Station) and if I reintroduce the first map than I have to level up the lighting and the graphics.

Another update is that the weapons cast shadows on your arms. And a few bugs have been fixed (and a few new ones created).

Main_menu#4.png

Video:

14. Ronald_McScotland

Ronald_McScotland

The lighting and effects look great. I think the fog really adds to the atmosphere, as well as making it more tactical since you need to watch more carefully to see the enemies through the fog.

I'm not really sure what you mean about the level being divided into four parts - in the picture it looks like it's all connected in one big labyrinth.

As for the name, maybe something to do with catacombs?

15. gamadgames

gamadgames

Thank you for your feedback. I mean with that the level is divided in 4 parts that the objects are sorted at 4 different places. Left top all the tire object, right top all the oil barrels, bottom left all the boxes and right bottom all the pallets. I also can to diveded the map not in 4 parts and put the 4 objects all across the map.

As for the name, thank you I really appreciate that. It need indeed a sort of scary name ;) .

~Gamad

16. gamadgames

gamadgames

start.png

Watch the video for the best information about the game, the article will only help you to understand the new functions from the game!

Welcome to update 7 of War Heroes. I’m working now for more than a year at War Heroes so I start with an announcement. If there are enough participants I will organize an event sometime at the end of the summer. Please vote in the poll and share this with your friends! Also from now on I will create stuff in the game on request, for example for the next update I will create new and better weapons which was requested in the latest video. Also for better quality I will create a new soldier.

This is enough about the future. In this update I have implant a few very important functions. At first I created a feedback function. You can send directly feedback from the game, also it is possible to send 1 attachment (you have to copy the address to the file).

For in-game I created an objective. If time runs out (the server chooses the time before the game is starting) or if the point limit is reached everybody will directed to the lobby. The server can choose to restart the game. Also a new player can join at any time in the server and will directed to the map where the players play or to the lobby if the players are still there.

Another big difference is the new HUD. The new HUD contains also a new function, the energy function. Every second you run you will lose 2 units of energy, also if you jump you will lose 2 units of energy. So now you have to be careful when you jump or run. If you don’t jump or run the energy will come back, every second one unit. The max amount of energy is 100. I also added clips. So the infinite ammo is over. Also by every kill you make, you will get a message at your screen that you killed somebody.

The score system is fully remade. Before I remade it, it was your kills divided by your deaths (kill death rating). Now you will get for every kill 100 points and for every death you will lose 50. You can now also respawn (in the pause menu). Every time you respawn will be counted as 2 deaths and it will cost you 100. So if you stuck in an object or you can’t move, now you have the option to “fix” that.

I also fixed a few bugs and improved the map. I hope you like the video. Please share, like or subscribe to support and please mention in your comment ideas for War Heroes. I will appreciate that.

videos:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  17. Ronald_McScotland

Ronald_McScotland

The new scores system and energy system sound good. I like the pause menu too. I'd say the health and energy meters would be better as bars rather than numbers, because it's easier to see at a glance how full a bar is. Pretty much all games that have health use a bar rather than numbers.

Are you going to add some other game modes (especially teams), because that would make the game a lot funner I think.

Oh, and I'll just say it was kind of distracting that some of your playtesters were having a completely unrelated conversation in the chat system, so you might want to ask them not to do that when you're recording video to showcase your game.

18. gamadgames

gamadgames

At first thank you for your feedback!
    Thank you for the first comment. I shall think again about the hud system.
    new Gamemodes are definitely comming, so I hope I can soon implent Team deatchmatch.
    And for the conversation I shall ask to do the next time some related chatting.

~Gamad

19. gamadgames

gamadgames

2 Pictures of the first finished map!
    screenshot.png
    sneak peak new level.png

The name "Industrial Maze" is still not sure. If you know a better name please comment!

20. gamadgames

gamadgames

The map trailer/showcase of Industrial Maze:

Everything you see I made by myself and is still Work In progress.

The music on the background is a preview of the official background music for Industrail Maze. There is no gameplay in this video.

This is rendered with Unity 5 with the highest quality. THIS IS IN-GAME GRAPHICS

21. gamadgames

gamadgames

I finished the logo of War Heroes, Feedback is appreciated!

logo2.png

22. gamadgames

gamadgames

Hey

I created a while ago the soundtrack for Industrial Maze and here it is:

Please give your feedback!

23. gamadgames

gamadgames

Here you can see how I made the whole game.

I hope I can continue with this serie.

Please tell me if enjoy like it!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  24. gamadgames

gamadgames

Hello folks!

The last three weeks went faster than expected

But I created a new character and I'm working on animating him, so check out the timelapses!

Another less postive news is that I won't launch the Alpha untill there are enough subscribers on my channel, so tell your friends!

But here are the 3 videos I promised!

Don't forget to give feedback, I really appreciate that!

25. gamadgames

gamadgames

Check out a preview of a new map in War Heroes, feedback is appreciated!

new level preview#2.png

26. gamadgames

gamadgames

There is a new preview of the new map!
    Feedback is appreciated, and the new update is comming soon (at least I hope that it wil come soon ;) )
    preview new level #4.png

27. gamadgames

gamadgames

Before reading this article, this article is in support of the video. So watch the video first!

Hello and welcome to update 8 of War Heroes. This is a special update, I worked hard to make this new level possible. Until only seconds before recording this update the framerate was around 15 frames per second. But here it is a new update of War Heroes. I also made a huge improvement in the soldier model. I know there hasn’t been a real update with gameplay for a long time. It took me so long because I made a whole new map with much improved graphics. Also the soldier is already looking a lot better, but I will even improve it more. I’m also working on a new weapon, the G36C. The other weapons will be remade or at least be improved. The new level takes place at an Industrial estate where Cargo logistics, 25 logistics and Modern container dumped there containers. There is also other garbage is around the whole map. This is not so far from a city. The soldiers find and fight each other here. Now it is your turn to survive and kill the opponents. Well that is enough about why there is a fight at this place and how it looks. In the picture you see the map in top down view. In the middle there is a sort of tower. At the top there will be in the game modes such as capture the flag and domination standing the flag.

The new soldier is still work in progress and that is the reason why it has only animations for the G36C and not the other weapons. Also I didn’t create those animations while the weapons will be remade. I also fixed a few bugs. I hope you guys like the update!

28. gamadgames

gamadgames

Before reading this article, this article is in support of the video. So watch the video first!

Hello and welcome to update 9 of War Heroes.
    In this update I added a hitmarker, it will stand in the screen for around 1 second. I also added footstep sounds, what also is networked. I recorded the sounds myself. There are also some particles added. There are now blood effects and there is also a muzzle flash. There is ofcourse also some map improvement!

The new soldier is still work in progress and that is the reason why it has only animations for the G36C and not the other weapons. Also I didn’t create those animations while the weapons will be remade. I also fixed a few bugs, also the laggy players will be fixed in the next update. I hope you guys like the update!

----------------------------------------

About War Heroes: War Heroes is an online multiplayer fps. I will try to implent new sorts of gameplay in it, but for now I will only focus to make the game fun to play and make it as realistic as possible!