Search Unity

Mprotect failed at 0x51fa000

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by mattimus, Dec 15, 2008.

1. mattimus

mattimus

I'm experiencing a repeatable crash in my game that I can't explain. The game works fine in the editor, but crashes every time on the iPhone.

Code (csharp):
    1. Px actor destructor 93366928
    2. Px actor destructor 93931184
    3. Px actor destructor 93465776
    4. Px actor destructor 93923968
    5. Px actor destructor 94216256
    6. Mprotect failed at 0x51fa000 (length 94208) with errno 13
    7. Mprotect remapping failed
    8. Previous frame inner to this frame (gdb could not unwind past this frame)
    At this point of the game, the game has just finished destroying walls from a grid in order to form a maze. It then runs CombineChildren to combine the remaining walls into one mesh. This works the first time for any game type. However, if I exit to the main menu, switch to a different skin, and launch a new gametype, the error occurs. It does not happen if I go to new gametype without selecting a new skin. It does not happen if I go to the same gametype after selecting a new skin. The gametypes themselves are nearly an identical setup, save for winning conditions.

If anyone can give me a little more insight into what this error means, I may be able to better diagnose the problem. Thanks for any help.

2. mattimus

mattimus

Further digging reveals that it has nothing to do with the skins or the object destruction. The crash is a result of loading levels. I got the same crash error by repeated navigation of my menu system without ever stepping into the actual gameplay section of my app.

I decided to investigate whether this was a result from my specific game, or if it is an issue somewhere else. I built an app with 3 levels. Each level has a GUI with a button that navigates between the levels by using Application.LoadLevel(). Continued navigation from one scene to another causes the same crash as my game.

Code (csharp):
    1. Mprotect failed at 0x4ee2000 (length 4096) with errno 13
    2. Mprotect remapping failed
    3. Previous frame inner to this frame (gdb could not unwind past this frame)
    I've attached the test game I created for anyone to look at. I think this could be a major bug in Unity.

Attached Files:

3. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Hello Mattimus,
    Mprotect problem will be fixed in upcoming hotfix (1.0.1)