Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving my mouse in the scene view causes crash! Anyone else?!

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by NoUJoe, Nov 14, 2014.

1. NoUJoe

NoUJoe

I've submitted a bug report to Unity... "We can't recreate this". Asked a question on the questions section... No answers at all. Emailed Unity support... No reply...

Does anyone else get this horrible crash?! All I literally have to do is move my mouse around in the scene viewport, circles, straight lines, whatever you want. Just literally moving the mouse around for maybe 5 seconds, maybe 10, just for a little period. Then it completely crashes. I get a "Unity has stopped responding" message. Please reply even if you don't get this, I'd like to know if it's just me. I'm on beta 13 (hoped it would fix it, hasn't) :(

2. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

its probably to do with GI baking. before moving it, select the light and set it to bake and then try moving the house.
    OR you could just switch lighting to on request instead of iterative.

Which build and version are you using?

Let me know what happens. I had the same issue happen. but only when in android build mode.

Im now downloading U5 beta 13, I hope this issue is fixed.

3. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

hmm The same thing is happening with Unity 5 b13.

It was working fine a while ago. Something got corrupted I think.

Does anyone know whats causing this.

Steps below.

1: start new project.
    2: add plane and box to scene
    3: switch to android in build menu. (I don't have android pro)
    4: select box and plane and make them static
    5: CRASH!!!
    6: scratching my head

EDIT:

I just tried the same on my windows 8.1 OS and the same thing happened.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  4. Dantus

Dantus

What's the case number of this bug?

5. daisySa

daisySa

Unfortunately we can't view Unity 5 cases on the Issue Tracker yet.

6. davem250

davem250

i haven't file this bug report (yet!) but i have experienced several sudden shutdowns when playing around with NGUI!!!
    it is quite annoying and i have a strange feeling in my head that it isn't NGUI's fault, because i haven't had this bug since 4.6 b? so after i upgraded to Unity 5.0.0b9 i haven't had this auto shutdown (it does say that i can file a bug because Unity has experienced something wrong when shutting down!) which doesn't really make totally sense to me, since i thought that fixed bugs would stay fixed (maybe that is just me???) but anyway, just wanted to point out that i too get this crash (Now i suddenly remembered the term :p) so hopefully someone files a bug (i am not good at phrasing myself :( and i do not know how to reproduce the crash!) because this is a little bit annoying :)

Also this did not occur to me once in beta 9!!!
    Thanks for reading ;)
    ~David.

7. Dantus

Dantus

The Unity developers hang out in the forum as well, and they can work with those numbers. That's why everyone should post them.

8. NoUJoe

NoUJoe

Yaaaaaay! Replies in my thread!!! Ooooo lets see if other people are having this problem that I have clearly described in my first post, at the top there.... My post, the one with words that describe my problem, there... Words...

Okay, first up:

Oooo interesting... Go on...

Before moving my mouse, cool cool, I'm following...

Okay.. Just select the light and... I don't really remember mentioning anyth- Ok set the light to bake, I can do that...

And then try moving the house... And then try moving the house... And then try moving the house... And then try moving the house... And then try moving the house... And then try moving the house... The house... The house... Moving the house... What house? My house? Move my house? I can't do that. Firstly, my landlord would not be too pleased I imagine, I mean, I know it's probably not explicitly stated in my agreement to not do that, but I'm sure there's some law somewhere against that and I'm pretty sure I'd loose my deposit. Although, thinking about it, I might have a counter claim. Basically, I thought that our glass divider thing on our bath (the thing that stops water from spilling everywhere when you shower) was murky for a reason, like frosted glass I guess. Well, our landlord told us that the house was "professionally cleaned" before we moved in, why would I doubt that they really hadn't? I mean, it made sense that it would be really murky, so you could hardly see through it... If you forget to lock the bathroom door and then have a shower, and then someone accidentally comes in... That murky class protects you, and whatever dirty tricks you may be up to in the shower!!! BUT NO! That glass was not supposed to be murky, as was demonstrated by a bucket of COLD water and a scourer...

ON REQUEST! ONE DAY ONLY! THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYYYYYY!!!!

I'm building for Sega Megadrive and
    What happened is I wrote this reply... Mmm, the same, but actually a lot different, not the same, other things, different stuff, metaphor here

UNREAL ENGINE 5 BETA 13?! Whoah now that's just copying!!!

What thing? My thing? Or your thing?

Probably the mainframe that was routing the protocols through the backend past the firewall and linked through split packets and then stored server side on the admin G: drive with encryption. I heard that gets corrupted a lot.

I think it was one of them hackers.

Thanks for the warning!

HIYAAAAAAAAA, how're you?

Ahhh that's a shame! I hope a Unity dood comes here and reads my post then... The one there, at the top... The one right there at the top right there at the top, the one with the words, the words that describe the problem I am having in Unity 5 beta 13 on Friday 14th Novemener 2014 at 10:30PM GMT in the UK. All those words, that go into quite some detail explaining the specific problem I am having at this current time with Unity 5 beta 13

WHOAH HEY THERE!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Yeah NGUI, I think that might be the cause of my problem, the one that I outlined up there, at the top right there, with all those words, describing all the NGUI problems I am having right now with my problem that I am having that doesn't actually involve NGUI but involves other things that I have described up there, in that post... The original, first ever post in this thread, the one, the only!! Just right up there, at the top, just there, scroll up and you'll see it... There's words, you'll laugh, you'll cry but most important of all, you'll see my problem that I am still having as we speak, that I have described in my post at the top just under the title of the post that we are all posting in right now (figure of speech).

Just hanging, just chillin. Cooooooooooooool guys. I bet they wear sunglasses and have their screen brightnessesesness' up to the max!! 1, 5, 8, 19, 45 THAT'S NUMBERWANG!

Hey guys, I am having this little tiny problem in Unity 5 beta 13 right now at this current moment in time at 18:23 GMT in the UK. In Unity 5 beta 13, I get this crash when I do this very specific thing that I will describe to you right now. If I take my hand, I move my hand over to my mouse, my computer mouse that is plugged in to my MSI GE60 2PE laptop via USB, and then I place my hand on my computer mouse and start to move my hand so that it moves my mouse in turn... I move my mouse so my on screen cursor representation of my mouse moves towards the scene viewport in the game engine software, Unity 5 beta 13. When I arrive at the scene viewport, I then begin to constantly move my mouse in whatever motion I desire. Sometimes, I like to do circles, sometimes squares, sometimes straight lines. My mood changes. Sometimes I'm just doing some genuine work and it happens. You just simply, real simple part here... Just move your mouse, no buttons, no tools. Moving of the mouse, within the boundaries of the scene viewport. Motion, movement.. For a little bit. Move the mouse around over the top of the scene viewport. Create a new project, do it in your current one. Go to a friends house and try it!!! I would really, really really reeeeeeaallllllyyyy just like to know if anyone else on Unity 5 beta 13, and I'm sure there are people here who are on Unity 5 beta 13 to just try this really simple thing out. Then report back whether you suffer the same fate as me. If it crashes then you could be like "Hey man, I tried it out and it crashed for me too". Then I'd be all like "Ahhh thanks dude for trying that S*** out for me, I appreciate it, now I know that I'm not the only one getting this! It must be a bug". Or if it doesn't happen then you could say; "Hey man, I tried it out and it didn't crash for me, you must have something wrong". Then I'd be like, "Hey bro, thanks for trying that out 4 me. I must have something wrong on my end". Then we could spend the rest of our day talking about barbie dolls and makeup and then start off a sexism debate because that's the super cool topic that no one can seem to shut up about recently! YEAHHHHHHHH

xoxo

9. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

OH SILLY ME !! hahaha Not house!! MOUSE!!

OH then I think you need to buy a cat to catch the mouse :)

10. Dantus

Dantus

Does this also happen in an empty project? If you could share a few more infos, like your operating system, gpu, ... others with a similar setup may be able reproduce it.