Search Unity

Mouse position gets more "off" when resolution changes

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by sickb0y247, Apr 18, 2015.

1. sickb0y247

sickb0y247

Hello Unity peeps. Can someone please explain what is happening here to me and possibly a solution? Here's a video showing what I'm talking about. As I change resolution my bullets are shooting further and further from the cursor. In Free Aspect it works perfectly though. Any help would be much appreciated:

2. lordofduct

lordofduct

Well... that depends on how you coded it to choose the direction that it shoots.

I honestly have NO idea what your code is, and this video gives me no clue as to how it's done. Especially since I don't even know what you expect it to do.

3. sickb0y247

sickb0y247

I'm casting a ray using ScreenPointToRay. Then I get the hit.point and I fire a bullet from the muzzle of the gun to the hit point of the ray. On the free aspect it shoot directly where the crosshair is but when I change resolutions it fires further from the crosshair than it should. 16:9 resolution is slightly off and as I go lower and lower on resolution it's more noticeably off target of the crosshair

4. sickb0y247

sickb0y247

I put the mouse position into the screenpointtoray and the crosshair is just the mouse's cursor graphic so I don't understand why both of these aren't one in the same and seem to differ when the resolution is changed

5. sickb0y247

sickb0y247

I got it working. Still not sure why it was causing problems but it had to be something about that crosshair image because I switched to a different cursor and it works just fine