Search Unity

MonoDevelop do not start on Unity 4.5.5 and 4.6 beta 21

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RandAlThor, Oct 23, 2014.

1. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I searched the forum and found some suggestions but none is working.

So i installed both version into their own folders and also reinstalled them with administrator rights.
    I also deleted the MonoDevelop folder before installing.

So now i can not change a script with MonoDevelop.

Can anyone help or have other suggestions?

It is on Windows 7 64bit.

2. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So i searched more in the forum and found something that did not help me but maybe would help others.
    You can try to delete the Monodevelop 4 Folder in the path Users/(user)/AppData/Roaming/MonoDevelop-Unity-4.0.
    This helped some users but not me.

The new thing today is that i got a MonoDevelop error that i can read the first time. Here it is:

System.IO.IOException: Die Datei ist vorhanden.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
    bei System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
    bei System.IO.Path.GetTempFileName()
    bei MonoDevelop.Components.CairoExtensions.LoadImage(Assembly assembly, String resource) in c:\BuildAgent\work\5c6d706b6ad8bc12\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components\CairoExtensions.cs:Zeile 544.
    bei MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar.LazyImage.get_Img() in c:\BuildAgent\work\5c6d706b6ad8bc12\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar\RoundButton.cs:Zeile 45.
    bei MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar.LazyImage.op_Implicit(LazyImage lazy) in c:\BuildAgent\work\5c6d706b6ad8bc12\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar\RoundButton.cs:Zeile 57.
    bei MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar.RoundButton.GetIcon() in c:\BuildAgent\work\5c6d706b6ad8bc12\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar\RoundButton.cs:Zeile 159.
    bei MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar.RoundButton.OnExposeEvent(EventExpose evnt) in c:\BuildAgent\work\5c6d706b6ad8bc12\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar\RoundButton.cs:Zeile 181.
    bei Gtk.Widget.exposeevent_cb(IntPtr widget, IntPtr evnt)

I am not sure that this is something with Unity or the MonoDevelop Window?

Again i just started a new project, created a csharp script and this time also use the name that unity give it and after that try to open it. When i click on send or do not send MonoDevelop exit.

Oh, just forget to mention that i installed Unity and MonoDevelop not on C: but on D:.
    I read somewhere that it should be on C but it worked for me the last years and hopefully will do it again.

Edit:
    Just to be sure i installed it now on C: but get the same crash. This time again without an error.

Edit2:
    I can also not start MonoDevelop alone to chande the adons i.e. deselect the boo language like i read also somewhere that helped someone.

Please help, i can not work on scripts now.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  3. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I am sorry to bump but i can not work with unity now.
    I need help please.

4. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I read something about gtk#
    Could that be the problem?
    Can i installe MonoDevelop (i.e. 5.0.1) from xamarin and use it with Unity or is the unity one a special kind of MonoDevelop?

Edit:
    Tried to install the xamarin version but that do not install because gtk# is not installed on my machiene in the number at least 2.2 or so.
    Tried to download the latest gtk# for win7 64bit but there is no installer only something to change with a path wich i have done but can not install xamarin still.

5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

This is so frustrating. I can not work and do not know why it suddenly stopped to work after all the yeas without a problem.

6. gruddlebug

gruddlebug

These might help?

Windows MonoDevelop Required packages:

.NET Framework 4.0 Download

GTK# for .NET 2.12.26 Download

7. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Thank you gruddlebug, i installed them, restarted the pc but it does not work.
    But at least someone tried to help me :)

I hope Unity can help here.

8. Dantus

Dantus

Unity can usually only help if you submit a bug report...

9. boinged

boinged

Sorry for the necro post but hoping this can help anyone who hits this page from a search engine.

I just had a similar error and after a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling libraries I tracked it down to my c:\Temp folder possibly containing too many files. I did a disk cleanup (including system files for good measure) and Monodevelop started working again. Incidently I had nearly 2GB of temporary files so that may be an indicator if you have the same problem.

The error in English is:

System.IO.IOException: The file exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
    at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.Path.GetTempFileName()
    at MonoDevelop.Components.CairoExtensions.LoadImage(Assembly assembly, String resource) in c:\buildslave\monodevelop\build\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components\CairoExtensions.cs:line 544
    at MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar.LazyImage.get_Img() in c:\buildslave\monodevelop\build\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar\RoundButton.cs:line 45
    at MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar.RoundButton.OnSizeRequested(Requisition& requisition) in c:\buildslave\monodevelop\build\monodevelop\main\src\core\MonoDevelop.Ide\MonoDevelop.Components.MainToolbar\RoundButton.cs:line 148
    at Gtk.Widget.sizerequested_cb(IntPtr widget, IntPtr requisition)