Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono.pdb file, needed to debug an infinite loop

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by sebas77, Feb 9, 2016.

1. sebas77

sebas77

disabling it.

2. sebas77

sebas77

is this still available with 2018? I can't find the mono_pmip function anymore, precisely mono.dll doesn't exist anymore (.net 4.x) so not sure what to do

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's called differently. I believe it's called mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll now.

4. sebas77

sebas77

5. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Hey @Tautvydas-Zilys & @wkaj we seem to be encountering a similar bug (infinite looping around multiple FMOD::Thread::callback) when transitioning from the loading scene (no audio playing) to the game scene (happens 10-25% of the time). We are not using the fabric audio engine but are using SteamVRs spatializer (doesn't seem to be the issue). Our current setup for audio mixers is 1 for each game scene that feeds into 1 for the entire game. The master mixer does have a lowpass filter on it. There is a new audio listener in each scene and the volume should be at 0 when the scene starts. I believe all audio clips in the game scene are compressed in memory and loaded in background.

We are currently using Unity 2017.1.1f1 but are updating the project to 2017.4.21 at the time of this post to see if that will fix the issue.

I am honestly not sure what information you need from me in order to help and I am by no means a debugging master but any help would be appreciated as this is the last bug before launch!

Cheers,
    Colton

6. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

I was able to reproduce the problem and grab some screen shots of the disassembly.

Upon hitting pause in visual studio, this is where I land.
    Disasembly3.JPG

If I step over several times I get here with several FMOD::OutputWASAPI::FeederUpdate

Disasembly.JPG

The profiler says I have 207 audio clips loaded (all audio clips for inventory items), if the scene loads I get 265 clips..

Not sure if this is at all helpful :S
    Colton

EDIT: I should have mentioned before, the standalone game hangs but doesn't crash

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You're looking at the wrong thread. That's an audio worker thread, it's supposed to infinitely loop until its told to quit.

8. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Thanks for the reply and setting us on the right track. Looking at the main thread now! Like I said, not a debug master yet.

Cheers,
    Colton