Search Unity

Modern Tactics, Real-time Strategy (RTS) Game Kit, for Android & iOS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kasaie, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Kasaie

Kasaie

Have you ever dreamed of having a complete, feature rich RTS game of your own? Well, Look no more.

Modern Tactics is a massive, carefully designed and complete real-time strategy game kit at your finger tips. The kit features a detailed implementation of a modern RTS game with all required game mechanics like base management, troops commanding, war tactics (including both defensive and offensive tactics), base capturing, ground and aerial combats and an unbelievably genius AI system that controls the enemy side of the game, and can engage both player and other enemies!

upload_2015-12-27_11-24-20.jpeg

This project works flawlessly with both touch and mouse inputs, and thus, can be tested on Android, iOS, WebPlayer and Stand-Alone platforms simultaneously. The kit also works on both Unity3d Free and Pro, and again to your benefit, needs no 3rd party plug-in or add-on to work.

It just works right out of the box. You do not have to worry about anything.

Features:
    - Full game-flow with Menu, Campaign & Mission Selection, Pause and Statistics scenes.
    - Supports Android, iOS, Web, Windows and Mac
    - Touch & Mouse support
    - Requires no coding to add new levels.
    - Available in both C# and JS.
    - Mobile friendly (with awesome performance!)
    - Highly customizable.
    - Unbelievably genius AI system.
    - Supports both 2D and 3D structures.
    - Money, Experience (XP) and Rank systems.
    - Comes with 10+ carefully designed levels.
    - Comes with 4 blank templates to ease adding new levels.
    - Provides unlimited campaigns with ground and aerial combats.
    - Full support 24/7. We guarantee your satisfaction.

upload_2015-12-27_11-27-6.jpeg

Let's suppose that you are familiar with the AAA strategy titles in mobile platforms. With the use of this kit, you can easily build a strategy prototype similar to "Age of conquest", "Modern Conflict", "Frozen Front" and even "Battle Alert".

Here's the reason why:

- Modern Tactics game kit, uses a 3d structure at heart. By this you are free to use both real 3d objects or use 2d-textures/sprites to skin your games.
    - The game core uses discreet controllers for each manager in the game. You have access to base controllers, Scene graph, troops controller, global input manager, a smart AI controller, and other managers that work seamlessly alongside each other. You can easily extend these controllers to build your custom game.
    - The kit comes with +10 live example and carefully designed levels, that show you true potential of the kit. You have access to many blank templates, levels that shows different attributes of the controllers, and levels that let you taste the strength of the AI system used in the kit.
    - The kit uses a modular design. It already has a complete game flow, including menu, pause, level-selection, campaign-selection, skirmish, endless-combat, and statistics scenes, but you can easily extend the design to accept more levels, campaigns or features, in no time.
    - Balance and AI are two important factor of every strategy games. Modern tactics, uses a genius AI system that truly engages your audience with it's performance. You can not believe how optimized the AI is on movile platforms, unless you see the kit in action.

upload_2015-12-27_11-53-5.jpeg

upload_2015-12-27_12-7-39.jpeg

Game Play

This kit uses some unique and advanced strategy tactics and this makes it a brand new experience for your players. In this game, you play as a commander, and have one or a few base at your side. On the other side, you have at least one enemy (AI Controller) that has its own bases. You have to defeat your opponent by capturing all its bases and destroying all its troops.

You can command your bases to send troops to other bases. You are able to select half or full amount of troops you have inside your selected base, and then you can issue the command by selecting the destination base, and when done, your troops begin to move to their destination, and upon arrival, engage with troops inside the destination base. If they are stronger than the defending base, they will capture the base for you. Otherwise, they will kill as many units inside the target base that their attack power and target base’s defense modifier (fortification factor) allows.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    AdamGoodrich likes this.
  2. Kasaie

Kasaie

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. Kasaie

Kasaie

Features:
    - Full game-flow with Menu, Campaign & Mission Selection, Pause and Statistics scenes.
    - Supports Android, iOS, Web, Windows and Mac
    - Touch & Mouse support
    - Requires no coding to add new levels.
    - Available in both C# and JS.
    - Mobile friendly (with awesome performance!)
    - Highly customizable.
    - Unbelievably genius AI system.
    - Supports both 2D and 3D structures.
    - Money, Experience (XP) and Rank systems.
    - Comes with 10+ carefully designed levels.
    - Comes with 4 blank templates to ease adding new levels.
    - Provides unlimited campaigns with ground and aerial combats.
    - Full support 24/7. We guarantee your satisfaction.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. Kasaie

Kasaie

big_precise-forum.jpg

Real-time strategy (RTS) game kit (Modern Tactics)
    has been submitted and is now awaiting review.

As the project is on-going, it is open to new ideas. So do not hesitate and suggest your RTS ideas here, and let us do the implementations.

5. Kasaie

Kasaie

6. mahdijj

mahdijj

hi
    game is great
    if i purchase your asset, i can create shop system and in app purchase for it?

7. Kasaie

Kasaie

@mahdijj

Thanks. Yes of course. It's available in two separate language (c# and Unity Script), so you can easily extend the kit with shop system and in-app items. The kit's design is very flexible, so you won't have any problem with it.

8. mahdijj

mahdijj

this game can be online?

9. Kasaie

Kasaie

Yes, you can add your custom online/multiplayer/network system to the kit and you can use famous network kits that are available through Asset store such as Photon, Bolt or Forge Networking.

Please note that the kit itself doesn't have networking features implemented yet. This however is in the road-map for further updates.

Hope this helps.

10. Kasaie

Kasaie

The next update covers Power-Up items that player can use during the battle. They can keep the balance in tough battles when the opposite side is very strong, or starts with more base and units than the player.

Some of these power-ups are:
    • Spy - they can show AI units in their bases
    • Atomic Bomb
    • Air Support
    • Mortar
    • Earthquake
    • Population booster
    Stay Tuned!

11. mahdijj

mahdijj

when update?

12. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi @mahdijj
    The new update should be available in about two month. It will add many new features to the kit.

13. Kasaie

Kasaie

14. zlovro

zlovro

Hello, you made a very cool Aset! I want to buy it and I have a question- in the future, these new features:
    • Spy - they can show AI units in their bases
    • Atomic Bomb
    • Air Support
    • Mortar
    • Earthquake
    • Population booster
    will be free update? For people who already buy this aset.

15. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi @zlovro ,

Yes, of course. All new updates will be totally free to those who already purchased a copy.

16. zlovro

zlovro

Thank you for the answer;) I bought your Aset and opened in Unity 5.3.2.f1 there are bugs
    http://take.ms/OjmKv
    can you fix them?

Kasaie likes this.
  17. Kasaie

Kasaie

It looks to me more like a camera setting problem. Please check the following:

1. Is your platform (build settings) is set on Android? If not, please set it to Android.
    2. Check if your camera is in Orthographic projection mode.

I haven't check the kit with Unity 5.3.2 (I've developed it with Unity 5.1.1), So in case my solutions didn't solved your problem, please open "Menu" scene, navigate to "ButtonHolder->MenuButton_01->titleText" object and give me the Z position of the transform. (a screenshot would be great).

Can you also take a new screen shot from the "menu" scene inside the editor "Scene" window?

18. zlovro

zlovro

Yes of course,Here a screen:
    http://take.ms/1K158
    and also I did a build an android, there the same bugs like in the unity editor.
    Also I open this project in unity 4 there everything is ok without any bugs! But very important to have this asset for last version unity 5...

Kasaie likes this.
  19. Kasaie

Kasaie

Thank you for sending the new screenshot.

The kit is already fully compatible with Unity 5. I've uploaded two separate versions using Unity 4.5.2 & Unity 5.1.1, but I have not tested the kit with Unity 5.1.1+ so I don't have a clue where this weird problem is originating. I'll try my best to get Unity 5.3.2 in the following days and continue the test from there, but meanwhile can you import the whole kit in Unity 5.1.1 and see if it's compatible on your end?

20. Kasaie

Kasaie

21. zlovro

zlovro

Thank you very much for your response! Now, we chose unity 5.2.4f1 version.
    There only 1 bug:
    On android build device - when i'm clicking on Base just once -All troops inside the base ready to move - this is wrong.
    On unitu editor 5.2.4f1 - when i'm clicking on Base just once - half of the base units ready to move - that's right!
    Could you check only this thing and fix it?

Kasaie likes this.
  22. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi @zlovro ,
    This bug is already patched for the next update. But thanks to you for reminding this, I will post the solution here:

in GlobalTouchManager.cs class -> function: touchManager, find in line ~80:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (Physics.Raycast(ray, out hitInfo)) {
    2.             objectTapped = hitInfo.transform.gameObject;
    Add after:

Code (CSharp):
    1. tapEnabled = false;
    2.             StartCoroutine(reactiveTap());
    So the whole function should look like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. private RaycastHit hitInfo;
    2.     private Ray ray;
    3.     IEnumerator touchManager (){
    4.         //Mouse of touch?
    5.         if(    Input.touches.Length > 0 && Input.touches[0].phase == TouchPhase.Ended && tapEnabled)
    6.             ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay(Input.touches[0].position);
    7.         else if(Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0) && tapEnabled)
    8.             ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay(Input.mousePosition);
    9.         else
    10.             yield break;
    12.         if (Physics.Raycast(ray, out hitInfo)) {
    13.             objectTapped = hitInfo.transform.gameObject;
    15.             tapEnabled = false;
    16.             StartCoroutine(reactiveTap());
    18.             //(1)
    19.             //if we tapped on a base (any base except neutrals), show a circle around it......................................

Then go to the end of the class and just before the ending bracket, add this function:

Code (CSharp):
    1. IEnumerator reactiveTap() {
    2.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.1f);
    3.         tapEnabled = true;
    4.     }
    And you're done ;)
    Let me know if you had any question.

23. zlovro

zlovro

Hello again :) we have question - where in scripts of our scene condition of victory? Because we want to add some action. After we win - then we see win statistics (winPlane) and press "next" where in scripts of our scene this condition of victory?

Kasaie likes this.
  24. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi there,

gameManager.cs handles game status. This class is a component of scene graph game object.
    It checks for all available troops and bases inside the scene and when there is none (for any side), it announces the game over. [gameManager.cs - Lines 100 ~ 140]

25. zlovro

zlovro

Thank you very much! How do you think when will be update of this asset? Also please can you fix in update - when we in unity editor pressing shortcut "W" on keyboard it makes game winning - this is strange and wrong(( Maybe there exist some others comands on ceyboard?

26. Kasaie

Kasaie

I can't tell when the new update will be ready. But I'm already working on it. It should be available any time soon.

The "W" shortcut is a debug tool to check quick win/lose situation in any given level. You can easily disable it by commenting the related codes ;)

27. zlovro

zlovro

Greetings, how are things with the update?

Kasaie likes this.
  28. zlovro

zlovro

Hello, almost two months we are waiting new update, when? Please tell when it will be?

Kasaie likes this.
  29. JamesTMarshall

JamesTMarshall

Is the update out yet? You hyped us up a lot with the new update's features...

Kasaie likes this.
  30. Kasaie

Kasaie

The new update is almost ready. In the next few days, I will first upload the playable version of the new update for you to test and share your opinions, and if everything was fine, I'll submit the updated kit to Asset store.

Thanks again for your understanding and please wait for the new demo.

31. JamesTMarshall

JamesTMarshall

Great!!!
    In future updates can you implement multiplayer features?

Kasaie likes this.
  32. Kasaie

Kasaie

Thanks.

Unfortunately multiplayer is not available in the next update.

33. zlovro

zlovro

When? How long to wait ? ohoohoh((

Kasaie likes this.
  34. Kasaie

Kasaie

Finally, after lots of waiting, the new update with power ups and advance bonuses and market system is ready.

Here are some screenshots taken from the new update:

shot-01.jpg

shot-02.jpg

shot-03.jpg

Stay tuned. The new update is on the way.

35. Kasaie

Kasaie

Madness Sale Offer!

75% off just for a week. Get your copy right now: u3d.as/n8s

36. Kasaie

Kasaie

We are giving 3 free voucher codes to 3 lucky customers. Please PM or email me to receive yours.

37. Kasaie

Kasaie

Update 1.1 has been submitted to asset store. Lots of new features are coming. Stay tuned.

38. zlovro

zlovro

Kasaie likes this.
  39. Kasaie

Kasaie

They are all inside the kit in their respective folders. Name the option you are looking for and I'll give you the exact location of it.

40. carpaalex

carpaalex

Same here. I deleted the previous package and downloaded again. And when I import, it will import the old version...

upload_2016-8-17_21-25-27.png

Kasaie likes this.
  41. Kasaie

Kasaie

Are you using Unity 5.3+ to download the asset? Any version prior to 5.3 will download the old v1.0 kit, as the new update is only compatible with 5.3+.

42. carpaalex

carpaalex

I'm using 5.3.0f4. It's not ok?

Kasaie likes this.
  43. Kasaie

Kasaie

No it's not. Please upgrade to v5.3.4+

44. Kasaie

Kasaie

Crazy sale offer only lasts till the end of August.

Do not miss this 5-star Unity 3d RTS game kit! Grab your copies here: http://u3d.as/n8s

45. Kasaie

Kasaie

Update 1.2 has been submitted to asset store. 3 new power up has been added in the new version:

-- Call for backup level-1
    -- Call for backup level-2
    -- Enemy base downgrade

Stay tuned for more features in the upcoming updates.

46. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

I can't say I'm happy about the recent addition of the bonus options, and the lack of documentation regarding those options.

I'm working in Unity 5.4.0f3 64-bit, and I just can't get the bonus-/market-system to work. There's only fortification (all the other bonus options are greyed out), and clicking on any other button in the market menu causes the game to crash.

The screenshots of the bonus-options you showed in this forum differ from what I get in Unity, since I can't add any bonus to my game. In the demo of the last update, no bonus icons can be selected, except for the preselected fortification.

I can't find any specific bonus folder either, and the few marketplace related scripts in the package indicate that "more will be added" in a next update.

I wonder what is going on here. Did you perhaps abandon this asset?
    I rushed to buy the asset because of the time-limited "Crazy Sale", but since the current price is still the same as the discount offer after several months, I'm starting to think this was just a permanent price-drop presented as a temporary discount to make me buy the asset earlier than I would have done if it wouldn't have said "Crazy Sale" on the Unity Asset Store product page.

I find the vagueness surrounding the addition of the bonus options really strange and confusing, especially since most of the asset actually looks quite good and professional.

Please, give us more info on the bonus options, where to find them, how to implement them, etcetera.

Thanks a lot in advance!

- Jerome

Kasaie likes this.
  47. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the detailed comment. But before I start to answer your questions, let me assure you that the project is fully live, it's no longer than 2 month after the last update (v1.2) and the next update will also arrive anytime soon. That's all about the project and it's updates.

- You are absolutely right about the lack of documentations. I'll try to extend the docs to better reflect the usage and activation of the bonus system. But here I'll try to briefly describe the bonus system to help you have a better understanding about how it works.

In the "Menu" scene, you have access to the "Market" scene. In this section, you can see the list of all available bonuses and the requirements of each bonus before it can be unlocked. To unlock a bonus, you need to have the required money and rank (xp level). After you have unlocked a bonus in the market, they will become available in the game. You can select them before starting the mission, or you can obtain them from in-game market system. You can purchase unlimited number of each bonus once they are unlocked.

That was a brief description on how the market and bonus system works. kindly let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

And about the special sale event, we were a little lazy to set the price back to original. The initial price has already been set and will be live in a few days. Thanks again for reminding this, and please accept our sincere apologies if this caused any misunderstandings.

Jerome_V likes this.
  48. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Thanks a lot for your quick response, Kasaie!
    I've already learned a lot from your explanation.

There is absolutely no reason to apologize for anything. I bought almost all currently available FinalBoss assets, and I think they are among the very best assets the Unity Asset Store has to offer!

I realize that I may have been a little too harsh in criticizing the documentation of this asset, because I forgot to mention that in general, I find the FinalBoss documentation really great and professional, just like the documentation you provide with all the other products you are selling via the Unity Asset Store. It's just that I felt that the documentation for this asset could use an update. Now that's already on your agenda, I really appreciate your help here on this forum!

So, if I understand correctly, the reason why the demo scene only shows one available bonus is that the rest of the bonus options (that is, the ones that have already been released so far) are still locked, right? If so, does this mean that the bonus options are already part of the game/game-manager waiting to be unlocked? I was expecting separate folders & prefabs for each bonus item, but I don't mind having them integrated from the start with other scripts and gameobjects, as long as they can still be customized (and perhaps later be monetized in the form of IAPs). Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next update of this asset with anticipation!

By the way, I have tested the Android APK demo, and I really liked the game. However, it was extremely difficult to complete all demo levels, because the enemy is often way too powerful compared to the player, which makes it almost impossible to win (although somehow I eventually managed to win all levels). I was wondering if this was done on purpose, or if this is just a matter of tweaking and game testing. I also noticed that there are no return buttons on the level selection menu and mission selection menu, unlike in the Pause menu, which does take the player back to the main menu if he wants to go there. It's no big deal of course, since it's very easy to add those buttons in Unity, but I'm mentioning this anyway just to be sure you know they are missing in the demo, which might make it somewhat confusing for buyers of this asset to identify the correct Main Menu, as other menus give the impression they have priority.

I may have more questions for you about other aspects of this asset, but I will post them separately so we'll keep this forum clean and practical to other users.

Thanks again for your help!

- Jerome

Kasaie likes this.
  49. Kasaie

Kasaie

Yes, you have to first receive the required rank (and money) to unlock these bonuses. Then they can be used inside the game. The algorithm and icons and procedures are all implemented (technically speaking).

Of course. and that's why we are offering the player a chance to buy these bonuses! Because they help by bringing the balance back to the highly unbalanced and difficult levels.

:)

50. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Yeah, that makes sense. :)
    Thanks!

When I was testing the Android demo a little more, I noticed that after a while, one can create huge "streams" of troops (seemingly out of nowhere) by clicking multiple times really fast on the basis that's under attack. You can see the effect in the uploaded screenshot taken from my Samsung Note 4. Is that intentional too, or would this qualify as an artifact that should not occur in the game?

Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-36-40.png

Kasaie likes this.