Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Model Pack] Strategy Pack - Armored Division

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Alarconte, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Alarconte

Alarconte

So, in order to help self-funding our first game in the works, and our little company, I decided to begin and sell some assets in the assets store.

So we made this kinda-complete Vehicle package (medium tanks, really-heavy tanks, combat trucks (towing cargo, artillery, Earth-Air missiles, APCs, AA-vehicles or Rocket Launcher vehicles...) well, All anyone can need to start (or do a complete game) of real time strategy or turn based strategy involving combat vehicles.

With you, the first 7Ye's Strategy Pack: Armored Division.

The premise was to have neutral coloured textures, that combined with good normal, specular and illumination maps, you'll can make different coloured armies in a bit, also with the option to put camouflage patterns as diffuse textures (some cammo patterns included, the rest is up to you). In the end, we included 7 entire armies of prefabs in different colour and cammo patterns, so It's the most ready to use and user friendly we could possible do.

(excuse me for the big images, but have informative value).

You can watch the rest of images in the Asset Store (click there) and more of them, more sketchy, in the Extended Art Gallery (click there) in 7Ye's Blog.

What can I say that I don't say in the Asset Store information or the extended gallery?
    -Every object is in FBX format.
    -Every object has Diffuse, Normal and Specular maps, and Illumination maps when need (sci-fi weapons, vehicle lights..)
    -Every object on the models that need to be mobile to animation, is mobile.
    -I'm not a splendid programmer, and I'm perfecting my FBX animation capabilities (in order for the next Strategy Pack, about Mobile Infantry (light vehicles and infantry), so the models don't have incorporated animations (but well, mostly is just rotate an axis of the turrets or an axis on the artillery, so it's no big deal for someone creating a game.
    -The prepositioned decals on vehicles prefabs made it great for customization for your personal purposes (flags, logos, kill counts..)
    -The quality of the vehicles is enough even for simple FPS game.
    -They're not "low poly" but not "high poly" either. Most complete vehicles are down the 8k tris line, so in a computer game you can half a hundred of them working with no problem (Much more with Deferred lighting)
    -The ASV vehicle has an APC interior like, as you can see in this pack's screenshot (click there)

Today I'm a bit on a hurry, but is there is questions, I'll update this post with a FAQ.

Thanks a lot for reading this, thanks Unity for this excellent game creation engine, and our awesome Asset Store!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. Alarconte

Alarconte

In order of the new Strategy Pack coming (Mobile Infantry), Strategy Pack: Armored Division has gone in a -possible- permanent reduction of price to 25$US.

(some more pics to the post of the Armored Divison pack)

Special thanks to all the buyers from the last year. (I haven't had time to do a lot advertising about the pack, sadly).

Anyway; Pack 2: Mobile Infantry, with light vehicles and animated infantry models, are just coming!

3. Alarconte

Alarconte

I'm updating the pack with the new turreter model from our second pack, Mobile Infantry.

And, I'm making some fast sketchfabs to show some of the varieties of the models. I guess I'll be making a lot of them. Here you can see two of them:

Hope you enjoy them.