Search Unity

[Mobile, Web] Particool, a one finger game that will DELIGHT YOUR SENSES

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by all_iver, Aug 14, 2016.

1. all_iver

all_iver

Find the square! Every time you tap a square, it breaks apart into its constituent particles. Eventually there's a ton of them flying around and you won't be able to find the square anymore. Then you will lose the game. Such is life! You could always play again?

Free on iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/particool/id1126135782?ls=1&mt=8

Free on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.subc.particool

Free in your desktop browser: http://sub-c.org/particool/

Thanks for checking it out!

rrahim likes this.
  2. Aseemy

Aseemy

it was fun to watch the video, i will definitely check it out. good idea about the game.
    EDIT - i dont understand why this game is 39MB, check out my link in the signature for druid defense, its just 30MB but has a lot more graphics.

EDIT2 - very cool concept, the game starts to hang when there are too many particles. also no quit button.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  3. all_iver

all_iver

Thanks for trying it out! TBH I didn't even think about the filesize, so there may be some simple optimizations I haven't even done. Sorry about that.

What device did you try it on? Can you remember about how many levels it took for the game to slow down for you?

There is no quit button, but you can just tap on the screen a bunch - every time you miss the square you get a little time penalty.

4. Aseemy

Aseemy

yea file size is too big for such a game, check if you are making this for fat+arm, if so just make it for arm. you'll save a lot of memory that way.

tried it on samsung galaxy s4, didnt hang while playing. just for fun without starting the game i kept tapping on the main screen and a lot of particles appeared then the game hanged, make sure there is a limit to those particles.

There should be a pause button, some times you get an itch or the door bell rings and your awesome progress is gone. If there was a pause button then it wouldnt be an issue.

5. all_iver

all_iver

Great - thanks for the detailed feedback!

6. Aseemy

Aseemy

I can review you app on the play store for 4 stars. With a pause and exit button i can rate it 5 stars, so you want me to rate now of after you have updated it?

Very nice concept.
    Also if you have time check out my game, and leave an honest review.

EDIT - if possible add an Aural effect when you are about to lose, intensify the music or something. just the visual effect of vibration doesnt seem enough.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  7. Shaderkul

Shaderkul

That is actually a very good concept! Love it!

all_iver likes this.
  8. FreeFly90

FreeFly90

I'll give it a try in the weekend, but the game video looks funny!

all_iver likes this.
  9. all_iver

all_iver

Thanks all! @Aseemy, sorry for the late reply - for now I'm gonna leave it the way it is and wait for a little more feedback, so feel free to rate however you see fit. Thanks again. I'll take a look at Druid Defense too!

10. Aseemy

Aseemy

Right now i feel like it deserves 4 stars, let me know when you make the necessary changes so i can update my review