Search Unity

Mobile Movie Texture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanTreble, Dec 17, 2011.

1. watsonsong

watsonsong

I met the problem in newest version.
    When I play the official demo, there will a pink at the very beginning of the movie.
    Is there any way can avoid this pink flash?
    It really make our game looks bad.

2. DanTreble

DanTreble

I've spent a bunch of time trying to remove this flash and I haven't found a way yet, I'm sorry :-(

It started happening in 5.0, I managed to get rid of it on 4.X

Code is at https://github.com/dantreble/MobileMovieTexture if you can spot something

3. tengsibo

tengsibo

Hi DanTreble,I have test your 2.12 demo,it's works well on Iphone6 plus with watermarks,but i change to you release version 2.12 it's compiled ok but run with exception NSException! please help me!
    I know maybe it‘s libtheorawrapper.a with the watermark code and NSException in it,can you give me a clean libtheorawrapper.a file?

4. tengsibo

tengsibo

Maybe he‘s dead,this plugin sucks!!he’s not going reply any of us!

5. tengsibo

tengsibo

what is movie screen object

6. tengsibo

tengsibo

it's must not be mmt 's problem!

7. tengsibo

tengsibo

what the F***! why dont check out the sample scenes?

8. tengsibo

tengsibo

Wow,what development environment and all three versions did you use! Please tell me,my boss is a charming girl! When i run in Xcode its said NSException! Could you make me a sample project!

9. DanTreble

DanTreble

Guys. MMT requires Unity > 4.6.3.

To submit to the app store, you will also need a version > 4.6.3, because you will need IL2CPP.

I'm not supporting older versions of Unity that you can't publish apps with. Sorry

10. zee_ola05

zee_ola05

I'm getting two errors when building for iOS. I'm using Unity 4.6.7.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Color Space/YCbCrtoRGB': Can't find include file YCbCrtoRGB.cginc
    3. Shader error in 'Color Space/YCbCrtoRGB': '' : Include callback failed at line 28

11. zee_ola05

zee_ola05

On the device (iPad 4), I get pink textures.

12. zee_ola05

zee_ola05

I'm using v 2.1.3

13. zee_ola05

zee_ola05

I reimported and it just works. So nvm. Sorry for multiple posts.

14. tianyapiaohong

tianyapiaohong

Hi ,my problem is when I run the demo scene in the plugin and release on my iPad, the screen is always green! I have no idea about it! My unity vision is 5.0.2f1,the plugin is Mobile Movie Texture2.0.4! Could Someone help? Thanks a lot!

I have resolved the problem with the lastest vision of the plugin!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  15. jacknorrisuk

jacknorrisuk

Hmm, interesting you should say that - I'm also working on a Google Cardboard application, but instead of a sphere I have an alpha'd video plane in a virtual environment, with stereo left-eye and right-eye versions of the video playing.

But framerate/lag is a problem - I'm happy with the level of compression on the OGV, but I'm struggling to achieve a consistent 25FPS.

Any ideas?

16. tianyapiaohong

tianyapiaohong

I meet a problem when i try to export .ipa file with Xcode.My unity version is 5.0.1,and my Xcode is 6.3.1.The part of error log's text is : ...app/theorawrapper.bundle: unsealed contents present in the bundle root.
    I have no idea! Some suggests!

17. DanTreble

DanTreble

Fixed by setting the theorawrapper.bundle in the plugins directory to be only Editor+OSX.

Can also be fixed by importing the Unity 5 version of MMT

18. almahdie

almahdie

I'm having the same issue here on my mac , have you managed to solve it , and if you have .. can you share it with us please .. thanks

19. morphusone

morphusone

I'm having issues running the movie texture autoplay. Any Idea why it wont autoplay?

Standard scripts and test script disabled.

Autoplay checked.

20. pudd1nG

pudd1nG

Hi there, we've bought the pro version for our IOS project.

We're using Google cardboard with this, the app builds fine. Building directly to the iPhone it builds and runs, however the videos are playing at 3fps while audio seems fine.

However our main issue is that when trying to archive the project (to distribute) we get a code sign error which points to

"theorawrapper.bundle: unsealed contents present in the bundle root"

I've tried the suggestion posted here of merging the CardboardController.m and the MMTController.m files but we're still getting this error. I've been including the .bundle file from the plugins folder into xcode via 'Add files to project'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

21. DanTreble

DanTreble

22. pudd1nG

pudd1nG

23. mantraMe

mantraMe

Hi there,
    I’m using your Mobile Movie Texture plugin for Unity.
    It’s very wonderful using this plugin. But I have encountered a problem that I cannot solve. When I use this plugin alone, there is no problem. But when I use this plugin with Vuforia(The qualcomm AR SDK), on Android it’s OK, but on iOS, this plugin does not work anymore. I don’t know why. Please help me if I should do something special for iOS. By the way, I’m using Mobile Movie Texture v2.1.2 and Unity v5.5.5f4.

Looking forward to your early reply.
    Thanks a lot

24. JosepSerres

JosepSerres

I guess that you mean 4.5.5 right? hehe

Have you checked older posts? It's possible that your problem is on the AppController

25. nissy_teco

nissy_teco

Hi.
    I’m using Mobile Movie Texture demo.
    I can build and run on Android with no problem, but using on iOS, I got some troubles.

Generating XCode project from Unity 5(ver 5.1.2f1) finished correctly, and building and archiving project goes fine. But when exporting my project to save for enterprise deployment, XCode(ver 6.3) fails with "Codesign failed".

Does anyone know about this problem?
    I cannot catch any stuff that makes XCode failed.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  26. DanTreble

DanTreble

27. asukalab

asukalab

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your wonderful plugin.
    It's working on my environment (MMT demo version, OS X 10.10.4, Unity 5.1.2, iOS 8.4, iPad air2).

I'm trying to play a movie as large as possible for VR app, and facing the problem of low FPS.
    Are there any ways to solve this?
    (For example, buffering or using cache with preloading video.)

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  28. free200886

free200886

Hi guys, i have problem with MMT demo version , im using unity 5.0f4, here's the error
    "
    Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/x86/theorawrapper.dll' with error 'The specified procedure could not be found.
    ', GetDllDirectory returned ''. If GetDllDirectory returned non empty path, check that you're using SetDirectoryDll correctly.
    "
    It's appeared when i played example scenes in simulation,also on android i got nothing played (Black screen).

Do you have solution?

29. shlosmem

shlosmem

Hi Dan

Trying demo on Unity 4.3 - When building for android getting this error:
    Assets/MobileMovieTexture/MobileMovieManager.cs(60,13): error CS0103: The name `SetGraphicsDevice' does not exist in the current context
    (When removing this line the build succeeded but no video on the device)

Please help, TY

UPDATE: I Change it to UnitySetGraphicsDevice and this solved the problem

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  30. pudd1nG

pudd1nG

Hey Dan,

We're trying to get Google Cardboard (latest version) and MMT (latest version) working in Unity 5. I managed to get it all working in Unity 4 last week.

Is there anything we should be careful of? or to watch for? Everything works fine on iOS with MMT by itself but as soon as we add cardboard (even just the plugins folder) MMT stops playing the video (however seek bar still shows the correct times & progresses)

We've tried combining the two controllers.mm from MMT and Cardboard into one file however it leaves us with the same black screen :(

Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

31. mantraMe

mantraMe

Hey Dan,

I'm trying to play several alpha movie in one scene on iOS, Do you have any good idera for that. Thanks so much.

32. mantraMe

mantraMe

Thank you so much, the problem has solved. Thank you

33. mantraMe

mantraMe

Hey Everyone,

I'm now want to play several alpha movie in one scene, Does anyone have any idear for that, please tell me. Thank you so much

34. mantraMe

mantraMe

I've solved the problem. Thank you!

35. PeterMills

PeterMills

Trying out the demo with Gear Vr on a samsung s6. everyframe the movie texture tries to back out into the VR menu. the movie skips foward frame by frame whenever I say no. Any thoughts?

36. PhilAR

PhilAR

Need to hire someone to help trouble shoot this with me. Anyone available ASAP?

I have purchased MMT for unity 5 this week. I'm working with vuforia as well. Project works great in editor but fails to play in IOS from Xcode.

I've tried the merge pluggin files for MYAppcontroller.mm with no luck. I am triggering the movie to play from an animation event maybe that is th issue. But it works in th editor perfect and fails to play video in iOS. It does play the linked audio and the Vuforia plays as well just no MMT video in iOS.

Do you have time to work a gig and turn around in 24-36 hours to help trouble shoot? I need to hire someone to help me solve a scene that works in unity editor but fails in Xcode. I'm using vuforia, and Mobile Movie Texture (MMT plugin from asset store) others have made this work when built from XCode for iOS but I get a black screen. Again all works when tested in unity editor though. Let me know if I can hire you for this gig?

37. ShawnFeatherly

ShawnFeatherly

We're using the split alpha MobileMovieTexture with GearVR (using the Oculus SDK) and Vuforia in Unity 5.1.3f1 32-bit. The split alpha MovieTexture crashes the GearVR app as soon as .Play() is executed. We are able to mix both Vuforia and MobileMovieTexture on Android builds. So we're pretty sure the issue is a conflict with the Oculus SDK used to build for GearVR.

Have you used MobileMovieTexture with the Oculus SDK and/or GearVR and know of any fixes?

38. reefG

reefG

Is anyone having a crash/hang problem with Unity 5.2? I hang when displaying a video texture, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

39. reefG

reefG

Upon further investigation it appears that the code still works on Devices (iOS) but fails in the editor (causes the editor to hang and needs a restart). Does anyone know if this plug-in is still supported and if so is there are direct contact for the developer - this is a game breaker for us. I have no idea how to fix this but my limited knowledge points to this code

Code (CSharp):
    1.     GL.IssuePluginEvent(7);
    It appears that this call is now obsolete. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

40. Mannysid23

Mannysid23

We are facing the same issue. Just about to push a game to release, update to 5.2, and all of the movie textures make the editor hang and I have to force quit. How can we get this working in 5.2?

Thanks

41. yagoodfella

yagoodfella

Hey, what a nice plugin... this is totally what i was looking for. But theres one problem left: I dont want to have a big apk file (over 50 mb) because my movie file is about 500 mb. Can you say me how i can bind an external movie file to the MoviePlayerTexture ? That would be great!

42. thinkcg

thinkcg

hello,the Demo Version in unity5 32bit, have a bug width pink flash before play,in windows8.1,not mobile

43. ThomasVandenberghe

ThomasVandenberghe

When I try to build this, I get the following error in xcode:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    2.   "_UnityRenderEvent", referenced from:
    3.       -[MyAppController shouldAttachRenderDelegate] in MyAppController.o
    4.     (maybe you meant: _VuforiaRendererImpl_UnityRenderEvent_m4047, _VuforiaRendererImpl_UnityRenderEvent_m4047_MethodInfo )
    5. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    6. clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    Any idea?

44. LinkLiu

LinkLiu

Dear Dan:
    you really made a great plugin and I am appreciate to use it to learn play video in unity.
    I have some problem when I was use this this plugin with android platform.my code
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  void Awake()
    2.     {
    3.         mmTexture = GetComponent<MobileMovieTexture>();
    4.     }
    6.     public void OnRightClick()
    7.     {
    8.         mmTexture.Path = "Round2/Start_Wormhole_A_Level1_A1_Open.ogv";
    9.         mmTexture.Play();
    10.     }
    I got the error from logcat,it means can't open the file.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AndroidJavaException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: MovieSamples/Start_Wormhole_A_Level1_A1_Open.ogv
    2. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CheckException () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    3. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CallObjectMethod (IntPtr obj, IntPtr methodID, UnityEngine.jvalue[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject._Call[AndroidJavaObject] (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.Call[AndroidJavaObject] (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    6. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at MMT.AssetStream.GetZipFileOffsetLength (System.String zipFilePath, System.String fileName, System.Int64& offset, System.Int64& length) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    7. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at MMT.MobileMovieTexture.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    8. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at MMT.MobileMovieTexture.Play () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    9. 09-17 14:07:02.493: I/Unity(3107):   at TVSMobileVideoController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I am not expert in field of unity,could you give me some suggestion

45. KrisCode

KrisCode

Hi, I have the same problem - when I upgraded to 5.2 now my ogg video hangs in the the editor / black screen - thanks ;) fyi small - big video sizes doesn't matter, all were previously working in 5.1...

46. ILLUSION-THAI

ILLUSION-THAI

ibtheorawrapper.a(theorawrapper.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture arm64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

HOW TO FIX IT.

xcode 7

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  47. c_andrews

c_andrews

For a Tempoary fix you can disable the bitcode option in XCode: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30848208/new-warnings-in-ios9

48. adrianomt

adrianomt

Hello everybody

I want to play the video within a sphere for virtual reality application. Can anyone tell me how can I do this?

49. AntonKryvenko

AntonKryvenko

Hi,

are there any known issues with Unity 5.2.1? All my movie textures were working well in Unity 5.1.2, but ever since I've updated Unity editor, it freezes when I hit play in editor. Editor log seems to not have any error messages. It happens in my scenes as well as in MMT example scenes.

Using MMT version 2.1.2. Target platform is Android.
    Thanks in advance.

50. ms_dev

ms_dev

Hello,

thanks a lot for this great plugin. Works as expected on Android, we're encountering the black screen problem on iOS in a Project with Vuforia tough.

We're working with:
    Unity 5.1.1f1
    Vuforia 5.0.5
    MMT 2.1.3

Merging the two App Controllers as mentioned before didn't help, the behaviour is still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015