Search Unity

Mobile Movie Texture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanTreble, Dec 17, 2011.

1. setty

setty

me too!
    @bik3r014 :I'm getting the same issue. Can you please tell me which files you copied?

2. codes

codes

the plugin 2.0.4 works fine on windows and macos, but when i build my project to android, it logs DllNotFoundException :theorawrapper.
    unity pro and dll exsists, could anyone give some help?
    thank you !!!!

3. pudd1nG

pudd1nG

Our videos on Andoird are green, strangely however if I return to the scene with the video after seeing green once, it plays fine...

Any suggestions :s

4. Green Tea

Green Tea

Hello.
    I purchased the Mobile Movie Texture.

OpenGLES 2.0 will work correctly.
    OpenGLES 3.0 does not work correctly.
    Video will be green.

Is Nexus7 (2013).
    Version of the Android is 5.0.1.
    Version of the Unity is 4.6.1f1.
    Version of the Mobile Movie Texture is 2.0.4.

I want to work with OpenGLES 3.0.
    Any advice or information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

I am not good at English.
    I've used the translation site.
    I apologize if I have been rude.

------------------------------
    I would tell you one more thing that I noticed.
    First, I make the movie change to other scene, then get back to the scene. >> It's OK.
    But when the movie plays at the first time. >>It's NG.
    Do you have any advice for this situation?

I failed the first time only in the scene.
    ------------------------------

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  5. homerender

homerender

Green Videon On Nexus 7 too. Android 5.0.2
    OGLES 2 and 3, what ever

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  6. mm_adam

mm_adam

Hi,

All I can see is pink plane on MobileMovieTextureTest
    no video on preview or build

Thanks

7. Quincasborba

Quincasborba

Hi, I was very interested in your asset, but before buying it, I´d like to test it on a certain application. I've downloaded the demo, but when I play the example scene the only thing I see is a magenta plane. I see also the left bottom playback controls and a progress dot on the top of the screen indicating (supposelly) the playback process loop. Any help on this?

8. yamamotoBT

yamamotoBT

Please help.
    Even if the chroma key color is Setting, it won't be penetration.
    How should I set it?

Attached Files:

9. jurigo2

jurigo2

Hi. I ran into some serious problems with MMT.

Affected are iOS builds (iOS 7 and iOS 8) with either MMT 204 or MMT 210.
    Video: 256x144, 240 seconds, 800kbps

When loading scene containing MMT, app either gives OpenGLES error* (video plays), or crashes with malloc error**.
    If app survives first scene loading, and if i back into intro screen and back into scene containing MMT, it will crash 99.9% of time.

Target video was 360p, 240 seconds, malloc size is about 4GB, for 144p video about 600MB.

It seems to me that theora native player loads whole thing into memory, and also it's not being destroyed on scene exiting.

Please help.

P.S. Android builds are also affected, but with far less crashes. (No usable output in logcat).

-------
    OpenGLES error 0x0502 in /Users/jurigo/Projects/MyProject/ios/Classes/Unity/GlesHelper.mm:373
    -------
    trent(2118,0x3d70318c) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=592879616) failed (error code=3)
    *** error: can't allocate region
    *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

10. tcossairt

tcossairt

I'm running into linker errors with the plugin trying to build in iOS 64bit (arm64) -- is this plugin still supported and will it be updated to allow submissions to Apple?

UPDATE: Latest version from last week gets past the linker errors, but seeing just blank black screen in iOS. (Works in Android) Seeing blank video with no errors whether its arm64, arm7, or old mono 2.0 compiler arm7. :-/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  11. nafizace

nafizace

I want to change the path of the video at runtime. to pass the string which variable should be rferred? m_path or Path? and how the script can be modified to achieve this?

12. tcossairt

tcossairt

Is anyone able to get the latest Mobile Movies Texture plugin to work on iOS? (One from last week Version 2.1.0 20/01/2015) ......... all I get is black empty screen even with the samples in our project, but only on iOS, no errors/warnings when running.

UPDATE: Good news. The issue was a conflict between our own custom AppController.mm code in the Plugins/iOS folder and a new one added by Mobile Movies Texture. Merging the two into one fixed the issue.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  13. meint8d

meint8d

Hi Dan,
    As with jo3bolton, I am evaluating your plugin which looks promising and will buy it when it's working.
    My goal is to use a Mobile Movie Texture with Vuforia Augmented Reality but i'm starting with a new clean project.
    When I add MMT_2.1.1_Demo.unitypackage to the project and select build setting 'PC, Mac & Linux Standalone' and start MobileMovieTexture/Scenes/MMTSample it plays fine.

The problem starts with IOS. When I select build setting IOS, add my bundle identifier and press Build and Run, it compiles fine, starts too run in xcode but then repeatedly throws the following error:

UnityException: Creating texture from native texture is PRO only.
    at UnityEngine.Texture2D..ctor (Int32 width, Int32 height, TextureFormat format, Boolean mipmap, Boolean linear, IntPtr nativeTex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.Texture2D.CreateExternalTexture (Int32 width, Int32 height, TextureFormat format, Boolean mipmap, Boolean linear, IntPtr nativeTex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MMT.MobileMovieTexture.AllocateTexures () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MMT.MobileMovieTexture.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I am using:
    - Unity Pro version 4.6.1f1 (registred licence)
    - XCode 6.1.1 (6A2008a)
    and building default to deployment target 4.3 with opengles 2.0

ps. I am a bit in a hurry. I thought video wasn't a big of a problem for unity and promised the client to deliver the AR game in a couple of days. Could you please help me with this?

Greetings,

Meindert Span

14. DanTreble

DanTreble

Looks like you aren't using pro

15. Jon-Gao

Jon-Gao

I try demo version for my Vuforia AR project, and it broken my project entirely...

16. meint8d

meint8d

Hi Dan,

That's strange. I can assure you I own a official licence and i'm looking at a dark skinned Unity.

17. DanTreble

DanTreble

Unity iOS Pro is a different product that Unity Pro

18. WelchCompositions

WelchCompositions

I tried out the demo, loved it, then bought the legit version but cant figure out how to remove the "demo" words all over the video Im using. Is there a particular script I can be pointed to thats hanging around from the demo that needs to be swapped?

EDIT:
    It seems to have fixed itself? haha I don't know what I did but demo is no longer displaying, yay! If it returns Ill let you know.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  19. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

I am using your plugin in iphone5 with Vuforia AR plugin, and get a problem.
    The framerate of the app is fine but the movie is not. And it seems worse when i disable the gameobject and enable it again.

Do you have any suggestion?

20. DanTreble

DanTreble

What happens if you lower the resolution of your movie? Does it get better? What is the resolution of your movie?

21. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

1080x1080 ogv

22. DanTreble

DanTreble

Yeah, that's probably a bit big to be honest. Expecting your phone to play a hd movie bigger than the screen (1,136×640) and do augmented reality at the same time... :-/

23. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

i am testing it in my iphone but the app is actually for ipad

24. DanTreble

DanTreble

Cool! There is still no way an ipad2/3 is going to be able to play a movie that big and do AR. I'm sorry :-(

25. aa123_124

aa123_124

How do i make a video can use the split alpha?

26. Dhjee

Dhjee

Hi! I am having serious problems using the latest version of the plugin using Unity5. Whenever I try to load a video, Unity completely freezes as if it was in an infinite loop.

Is there a known issue with Unity5?

EDIT: If it could help, the MobileMovieTexture.cs stops his execution doing this line:

m_ChannelTextures[0] = Texture2D.CreateExternalTexture(m_yStride, m_yHeight, TextureFormat.RGBA32, false, false, GetNativeHandle(m_nativeContext, 0));

I'm guessing it would be the GetNativeHandle, so might there be a problem with the DLL?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  27. headcrap

headcrap

Green Screen on Android Nexus 4, Unity3D Pro 4.6.0, Open GL ES 2.0

Please Help

28. sathya

sathya

Quick question. Does this support windows 8 apps ?

29. DanTreble

DanTreble

I included the sample Sony Vegas project in the full version.

30. DanTreble

DanTreble

It works fine for me in Unity 5 (I tested it in b22 and rc1) :-(

31. DanTreble

DanTreble

Do you have Android Pro?

32. DanTreble

DanTreble

No, sorry :-(

33. headcrap

headcrap

Yep we have Android Pro

34. Dhjee

Dhjee

It's really strange... I was trying to debug with more breakpoints, and I realized that when I break on each of the 3 lines that are setting the ChannelTextures, it works perfectly, but as soon as I remove a breakpoint from 1 of the 3, it stops and freezes on that very line... Never saw anything this strange before :-/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  35. aa123_124

aa123_124

Green Screen on my project, but when i create new project to test it, it work perfectly on my galaxy s2 and other android device, do you know why? I don't know how to print the error with my android device, i use adb logcat but i can't see any error:(

36. DanTreble

DanTreble

Maybe delete the MobileMovieTexture directory and the stuff in Plugins and reimport?

37. aa123_124

aa123_124

i find Multithreaded Rendering cause green screen, thanks for help man:)

38. elpuerco63

elpuerco63

We have Unity Pro if we wanted to export a an IOS or Android project do we also require both Unity IOS pro and Unity Android Pro?

Works out expensive if so? :(

39. DanTreble

DanTreble

Ugh, sorry about that, I thought I had done everything I needed to get multithreaded working on Android. I'll take a look

40. DanTreble

DanTreble

Yeah, needs pro. Sorry

41. mimminito

mimminito

Hi Dan,

Could you do me a favour and describe what all of the different shaders in the package can achieve? I have noticed you have 4 in there now, and we only use two of them, so it would be good to know whats what.

Adam

42. Traviyaki

Traviyaki

Any hope of iOS Metal support in the near future? (Currently just renders pink texture when running with Metal graphics api on supported devices.) I've heard Apple is now only featuring apps that support Metal. :-/

43. patoffspyder

patoffspyder

Hi Dan,

This is really weird, when I try to run the demo in Unity 5, I open the demo scene, press play and Unity crashes. The UnityShader process crashes and I need to close it with CTRL+ALT+DLT. Is it because I am trying the free demo and the fix is only available in the pro version?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  44. Dhjee

Dhjee

I got it to work in the Editor, but when building on iOS, the material remains pink.

I wanted to test on Mac OS to see if I could find an error, but i get another error: EntryPointNotFoundException when GetNativeHandle is called. CreateContext and OpenStream are called without a problem tho.

45. sati

sati

Is it possible play two different videos simultaneously with this pluggin?
    Thanks!

46. mimminito

mimminito

Yes

47. Lav-patel

Lav-patel

Mobile movie texture is support mp4 video?
    does it support native ios video library format file?
    m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

48. MarkBTS

MarkBTS

Same here, XCode 6.1.1, Unity Pro 5 RC2 (with iOS pro too). I get a pink texture on an iOS8 iPad 3 when trying to build and run MMTSample.unity

When initially trying to build it I get the following error in the Unity console having just imported the asset store bundle into a clean project and then attempting to build just that scene for iOS:
    "Plugin 'theorawrapper.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/x86/theorawrapper.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/theorawrapper.dll
    Assets/Plugins/x86_64/theorawrapper.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/theorawrapper.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()"

Deleting either Assets/Plugins/x86/ or Assets/Plugins/x86_64/ resolves this issue and allows me to build the project, but then I get the pink texture.

XCode is giving the following error constantly while the app is displaying the pink texture:
    "OpenGLES error 0x0502 in MobileMovieTextureTestiOS/Classes/Unity/GlesHelper.mm:330"

I have tried GraphicsAPI set to OpenGLES2.0 and 3.0, also tried changing the target iOS version from 6.0 up to 8.0 and I get the same issue every time.

Any ideas as to what may be wrong and what can be done to get it working?

Cheers!

49. GongGames

GongGames

Hi, I also happened MarkBTS's problem. I saw mobile movie texture in editor and iPhone 4s, but when I put it in iPhone(64bit, 5s, 6+), mobile movie texture is pink.

Unity version : 4.6.2 p2(pro, iOS pro)
    xCode : 6.1.1
    Mobile Movie Texture version : 2.0.4

What can I do any work?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  50. matthew_SB

matthew_SB

Hello, I'm using the latest version of unity on mac. On pressing play unity screams

DllNotFoundException: theorawrapper
    MMT.MobileMovieTexture.Start () (at Assets/Libraries/MMT/MobileMovieTexture/MobileMovieTexture.cs:322)

The plugin is present in the "Unity.Prj ▸ Meta.Drafts ▸ 1 ▸ Assets ▸ Libraries ▸ MMT ▸ Plugins"

What am i doing wrong ?

qzm likes this.