Search Unity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Jun 13, 2013.

1. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Currently navigation with pad is not supported. I'll put this in to-do list.

2. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

Ok perfect, so we have just purshased it.
    Is it possible for you to add an option page like the credit page ?

Thanks

3. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll add this to to-do list too.

4. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

Can we have some news about " Xbox360 Pad to move and the A button to click" and your "Multi profiles, lives and map" ? We can not wait any more withour news, it is so interresting.

Very cordially.

5. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Multi profiles - done
    map - almost done
    lives and pad - to do

6. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi

We found a mistake in "game_uGUI.cs" :

Code (csharp):
    1. public void Victory()
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("you win " + "W" + (n_world - 1) + "_Stage_" + (n_stage - 1));
    It should be :

Code (csharp):
    1. public void Victory()
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("you win " + "W" + n_world + "_Stage_" + n_stage);
    Very cordially.

PS: When do you think you will be able to release the version with "Xbox 360 pads" ? (Just to have an idea, 1 week, 1 month, ...)

7. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I work to finish it within this month.

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

9. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

Nice screenshot of your map, good idea.

We found somes other mistakes in, your syntax :
    - "plaing" should be "playing"
    - "imange" should be "image"
    - "stege" should be "stage"

Very cordially.

10. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Update almost done: I'm working on polishing and bug-hunting.

11. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Update in upload:

12. snake77jt

snake77jt

I just need to use the option menu, is it a drag and drop asset? I have not bought it yet btw

13. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

You must just feed this menu
    http://i.imgur.com/zGT8K64.jpg
    and little more.

It don't require coding.

14. snake77jt

snake77jt

Is there an exit application button, and when I integrate this into my project can I leave things empty because the only thing i am missing is the option menu, i already have a main menu and a level select menu all setup

15. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

There is no an exit button on screen, but it can quit press the device button.

Audio fields can be leave empty, but you can't use option screen alone. It is full integrated with the save system and the pause menu.

This asset have a main menu, various level select menu versions, a audio system a save system (single or multi-profile) for progress and lives, a live system that keep track of continues and new live countdown(optional), a store menu, an option menu, a pause menu a win screen with star system and a lose screen (and little something more).

Everything work together. You can turn off the store menu, the multi profile menu, the live system, the audio and also the level select menu; but it is not designed to work only as option menu.

16. snake77jt

snake77jt

Ok thank you for the quick reply!

17. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Update ready in asset store.

18. GrandTheftEx

GrandTheftEx

I'm trying to figure out how to rearrange the UI icons in the main menu to look more like a list, I'll then be replacing buttons like play and options with images that actually say play and options, so it'll look a little like this:
    PLAY
    OPTIONS
    QUIT​
    Problem is when I try to move the UI buttons, say for example the play button from the middle to far right (as a test) it no longer scales at different resolutions and the start button basically leaves the screen, this is present in the above example as the 'options' button slightly overlaps the 'play' button and is offset. How do I prevent this? I've had a look through both Home_Canvas and the buttons in Home but I cant seem to figure it out. Below is just to clarify.

Screenshot 2015-03-19 01.25.34.png Screenshot 2015-03-19 01.26.33.png

I'm also having a separate issue where the select stage icons no longer show up. I'm not sure what I've done, it was working almost 10 minutes ago, and I don't recall touching those features, I've been working on the above issue. Screenshot 2015-03-19 01.31.20.png

19. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

preblem
    Problem 1: you must move the anchor too.
    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/ui/rect-transform
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UIBasicLayout.html
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/HOWTO-UIMultiResolution.html

problem 2: create a new project, open a clean version of the menu kit and compare it with your version to find what you have accidentally touch.
    My guess: check if grid layout group values and Layout Element values and match.
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/HOWTO-UIFitContentSize.html

20. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

Nice update.
    But it still have a big problem, all of canvas are for landscape (differents sizes), so there is a real problem if our project is for portrait (differents sizes) for stage screen.

So can you set all correct anchors and positions for portrait (differents sizes)for stage screen ?
    You know perfectly your project, so you will be able to do it faster and the changes will be made better,
    if we do. Especially, we don't want to destroy something during the changement on this important point.

0. Can you add some increment item in your store ?

I found some others fews importants proiblems :
    1. If I set "continue rule" to "never_continue" and I click on "lose a life" until I have 0 lifes. Normaly I should go on lse page, but I still stay on the stage.
    2. If I set "continue rule" to "never_continue", I can not choose the time for have the next free life.
    3. If I set "continue rule" to "continue_cost_a_continue_token", I can not add to the store this famous token to buy.
    4. If I set "continue rule" to "continue_cost_a_continue_token", this famous token never decrement.
    5. It is bad that we can not choose from "game_master" script with inspector, the lifes and tokens items in store.
    6. In the page to chose the profil name, there is missing a button to go back (cancel creation) when at least one profil already exists.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  21. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Actually all canvas are ready for both portrait and landscape orientations. The only exception are word manual and stage manual (as said the name they require manual adjustment), but anchors are in the left top corner exactly to allow you to just move the icons in a way that stay in the portrait and you have done. Map is just little more complex:
    - in map_bk you must change horizontal layout group in vertical layout group
    - change the images in map_bk to fit to the portrait and put your new image size in layout element of these images.

Instead if you want the very, very easy solution, use the "nested_word_stage_select_screen with world automatic and stage automatic and everything will fit automatically.

Could you indicate some example of what you mean?

No, it go to lose screen as expected.
    True, I'll add this in next update.
    I'll add this in next relase too.
    They decrement: in the head of the continue countdown window, you can see home many of them be left.
    This is to avoid to require a specific script execution order.
    add to to-do list too.

22. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

Nice update, good job, and fast always answers.

0. Where can I change the time, when I set "continue rule" to "never_continue" ?

I create a new project, and this three mistakes stays :
    1. On portrait (differents sizes), when I go on stage screen (automatic), all ico_stages (so in the container) are not center but in top right corner. In order to, all are in good position.
    2. If I set "continue rule" to "never_continue" and I click on "lose a life" until I have 0 lifes, I can click again and again on it, because I just stay on the current stage and I don't go to lose screen.
    3. If I set "continue rule" to "continue_cost_a_continue_token", and I click on "lose a life" until I have 0 lifes, I have the popup to continue, but I can do this every time because the token never decrement.

I hope I detail more this three mistakes.

An "increment item" is for example :
    You want to upgrade your weapon lvl 1 to lvl 10, so you need to unlock each level (with virtual money).

Thanks.

23. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

0. time is refer to countdown of continue window, if you never continue, you don't need countdown.
    Never continue = when zero lives, lose and restart from home as new game.
    Instead if you want a countdown for lives use infinite continues

1-2-and 3 this is strange because it behave right here.

Try to re-download the asset, if the problems persist, send me a private message with your email and Invoice No. I'll send you a fresh copy of the package.

EDIT: about problem 2 be sure to put "lose lives in_game" (it is just over the continue option).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  24. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Like you, I post screenshot for "1. On portrait (differents sizes), when I go on stage screen (automatic), all ico_stages (so in the container) are not center but in top right corner. In order to, all are in good position."

Landscape

Portrait

I just create new project, import asset and change number of level to 40, then I try in Landscape and Portrait.

25. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Ok, I figure out what is the problem: the automatic stage screen support both Landscape and Portrait with different sizes, but it generate the screen only one time. So if you go on stage screen, and after change the size in the unity editor game window, bad things happen. if you use the portrait mode, set it unity editor game window and after click the unity editor play button.

26. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

version 2.5.1 in upload with:
    - buy continue token in store
    - cancel button for create new profile
    - more options for never continue

27. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

1. Can you add a boolean (editable in game_master) to show or not all debug messages in your asset ?
    2. Can you prevent the profile deleting when there is only one ? Especially, if we delete it, we have to create one directly, so to prevent error and gain time.

3. You didn't answer of my real important point, after I answer you.
    My question : Can you add some increment item in your store ?
    Your answer : Could you indicate some example of what you mean ?
    My answer : An "increment item" is for example if you want to upgrade your weapon lvl 1 to lvl 10, so you need to unlock each level (with virtual money in the store).

For exemple : The game has some bonus (lifes, speed shoot, gun, etc ...), so when we play we learn virtual money and we can buy a lot of it directly. With this virtual money, we can buy lifes (you already do it), but also upgrade bonus (speed shoot, gun). That is an "increment item", so it starts at level 1, and it has to be in store to be able to upgrade it to level 2 (and more, depends on its settings). An "increment item" has to have some settings like his level max, and the increase price between each levels.

4. How many Unity need to display your update ? Even if, I will wait the update with "increment item", in order to it will be too complecated to use without it.

Thanks.

28. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

1- add this in to-do list
    2- when there is only one profile, profile page is off and so player can't delete the profile. No sure to understand what is your problem.
    3- I'll study how to implement this, but not in 2.5.1 because it is already pending on asset store.
    4- usually unity need from 3 to 7 working days to approve an update.

29. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

1. Perfect, I am impatient to see the next release.

2. I mean, when I start the game, I have to create a profil if it is the first time. But I can delete it, and if I do it, I have automatically to create a new one to always have at least one profil. So it is easier to prevent to delete a profil when there is just one. And if someone wants to delete his profil (if the max profil number is not set to one), he has to create an other one before.

3. I will wait the release with "increment item", because it is a real important point for me.

4. No problem, now I know it.

Thanks.

30. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

2- When there a is only a profile, the profile page is off and so the player cant delete it. Instead if the max profile is 2 or more, the player can create one new before or delete and create after.

3- Start working on it

31. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

2. So it is perfect.

3. I am impatient to see the next release.

I hope you will guy us some news about date and contains of new release,
    Thanks.

32. jingles247

jingles247

i get this error after following the tutorial

Assets/3match/script/tile_C.cs(1909,41): error CS0117: `game_master' does not contain a definition for `sound'

but if i edit out the lines1909 to 1920 in baord.cs it seems to work fine.

// if (game_master.sound && clip&& !GetComponent<AudioSource>().isPlaying)
    // {
    // GetComponent<AudioSource>().clip = clip;
    // GetComponent<AudioSource>().Play();
    // }

// }
    // else
    // {
    // GetComponent<AudioSource>().clip = clip;
    // GetComponent<AudioSource>().Play();
    // }

any idea what ive done wrong and by the way excellent asset i will be leaving reviews on both this and your super match kit once ive figured out my silly mistakes.

33. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Be sure to use the latest version of Super 3-Match Kit: 1.3.2 (Mar 26, 2015)

34. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

mobile menu kit 2.5.1 ready in asset store.

35. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

One Minute GUI
    Link : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32346

1.About "Increment item", I found a package on Asset Store will be able to give you some idea for visual content.
    "Increment item" picture : https://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.n...2cfa4c-25d0-49b6-910b-239764798b62_scaled.jpg

2. Can you edit your credit page, with for exemple a prefab with settings, it can be a real plus for your asset.
    credit page from "One Minute GUI" : https://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.n...b76ce0-dfc5-4da0-8cc0-e848b3822cca_scaled.jpg

I hope it will be added soon,
    Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  36. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile menu kit 2.6 in upload with incremental item.

Add prefab setting to it will only add extra steps to your setup, using the unity gui to add text and images in that page is the most fast and flexible solution.

37. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

It is perfect, I just wait Unity display the 2.6 version.
    Can you post a screenshot with an increment item (so i guess the newstore), to see how it looks. Becasue Unity is too slow too upload and display the new release.

Thanks.

38. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

39. GrandTheftEx

GrandTheftEx

First of all, I appreciate your prior help and worry not, I will be submitting my review in a few weeks time when my project is complete!

I just have a few more questions. First off, I'm having a little trouble assigning different names to each "world", I believe I was able to find an option to change this in prefabs, however each world icon appears to be using the same prefab therefore they all share the same name. I wanted to give each world a unique name and remove the world number. Perhaps you update the documentation so it covers things like this? The Home_Canvas is quite big and it has been difficult locating options in here.

Secondly, I'm having an issue with the level music playing at higher pitch when moving in one direction and a lower pitch when moving in the other. The volume is also significantly quieter than the main menu. What could be the cause of this?

Finally I was curious how we are to implement the stars in levels and also how the level ends? Perhaps I've missed something obvious but I couldn't find anything in the documentation. I'm not very clued up on coding so if you have a step by step guide that would be brilliant. Anyway thanks again.

Louis

40. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Version 2.6 with incremental item ready in asset store.

Thanks!

To remove the number, click on world_ico.prefab on prefab folder, find in it the world_number child end disable it.
    World name are assigned in home > manage audio but only for Single_screen_with_a_page_for_every_world.
    I'll add automatic word name in world icons in next update.

Be sure that your music sounds and gui sfx are set on 2D sound, because if they are 3D they will change when you camera will be more close or far from the audio source.

Read the code in the red and green cubes in the demo to see how to call win and lose.

41. GrandTheftEx

GrandTheftEx

Thanks for the swift reply!

Audio is fixed. I appreciate your patience with my daft questions!

I've switched to using Single_screen_with_a_page_for_every_world as it allows me to change those names and its better suited to my needs anyway. Do you think we'll see touch swiping support in this menu at any time as opposed to the buttons? Its not a big deal but I think it would look nice!

In regards to the scripts, I'm not exactly sure how they work. I've worked out I can add the scripts to an object and then by clicking said object it will call the necessary stars or lose screen, but what I want to do is add 3 stars to the level and then have the player collect those stars, then when they reach the end of the level the number of stars collected will appear in the win screen.

For the lose screen I would like to be able to simply add the lose script to an object that would instantly kill the player, resulting in the lose screen. I've tried altering the scripts to account for collision rather than button press to no avail. I apologise if I've missed something obvious here, or if I've made the assumption the feature is different to what it is, but I would appreciate any help. If not, not to worry I can speak with my tutor on Monday about a fix. Thanks,

Louis

42. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

see this previous post:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/mobile-menu-starter-kit.186161/page-2#post-1899084

star script:

Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. public class take_stars : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    8. void OnCollisionEnter (Collision col)
    9. {
    10. if(col.gameObject.name == "player")
    11. {
    12. [LIST=1]
    13. [*]GameObject stage_master_obj = GameObject.Find("Stage_master");
    14. [*]stage_master _call_stage_master = (Stage_master)stage_master_obj.GetComponent("stage_master");
    15. [/LIST]
    16. _call_stage_master .star_number++;
    17. Destroy(this.gameObject);
    18. }
    19. }
    20. }

kill collider:

Code (csharp):
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using System.Collections;
    6. public class take_stars : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    10. void OnCollisionEnter (Collision col)
    11. {
    12. if(col.gameObject.name == "player")
    13. {
    15. GameObject stage_master_obj = GameObject.Find("Stage_master");
    16. stage_master _call_stage_master = (Stage_master)stage_master_obj.GetComponent("stage_master");
    19. _call_stage_master.Defeat();
    21. }
    22. }
    23. }

and when you reach the end of the level, call

• stage_master _call_stage_master = (Stage_master)stage_master_obj.GetComponent("stage_master");
    • _call_stage_master.Victory();

43. Mamudoski

Mamudoski

Hy,
    nice tool.

I just have a problem with the Map. I get all the levesl Locked, how can i unlock the 1 level?

And what i have to do to start a level on click? to set onli the World_number and Stage_number or i have to do something other? (the level hat soon the Stage_uGUI with the definition N_world and N_stage)

Thanks!

44. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

page 11 of the pdf tutorial, you must just click and drag the icons in the array in "Manage_linear_map" the script will set world and stage number automatically.

45. Braun0

Braun0

Hey Lux,

I just purchased your product and have been playing around with it for the past few hours. I am trying to do something different with it, which is to incorporate it into my VR game for the GearVR. Your product provides exactly what I need (not only a menu system with multi-world options, but also the ability to create and save profiles).

Adapting your menu system for mobile VR will have it's challenges, however I am having trouble getting off the ground because I cannot get my gamepad to move/select anything on the profile creation screen. I followed step 11 in your tutorial document, but I am a bit confused as I have been playing around with the input settings for the past hour with no results.

I am using:
    Unity 4.6.3
    Android OS
    Moga Power Pro bluetooth controller

Can you provide any further detail on controller setup? If you need me to share more of my settings, please let me know.

46. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi!

It not work only in profile creation screen? (you can skip that screeen put FALSE on "require to insert a name" in manage_audio > game_master script)
    Run it within the unity editor player have you the same problem, or only in the android?

My first hypothesis is go to edit > Input
    and see if Horizontal, Vertical and Fire1 are good for your Moga Power Pro bluetooth controller.

47. Braun0

Braun0

Lux,

The good news is that I have the controller working in the "home" scene. However, I cannot get the controller to work in any of my level/scenes when I access the pause menu or beat the level (and call the call_win script).

1)When I access the pause menu, no movement controls work at all (my character remains still if I try to use the d-pad) and I cannot select/move different icons.

2) When I beat the level and call the win script, the menu appears. However, the d-pad still controls my character and I cannot select any of the menu icons. In this instance there will need to be some kind of handoff from controlling my character to controlling the win screen.

Is there something different I need to do in my level/scenes for the gamepad to work properly (that is different from the "home" scene)?

48. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

You can disable/enable your character when you want to use the pad to interact with the menu.

When a menu is open, the varaible "allow_game_input" in "game_uGUI" is false.
    Use it to disable/enable your character.

See also the public void Mark_this_button(Gameobject target_button) if you want focus the pad on a specific gui button. It already do this, but maybe lose it due to a conflict with the character controller.

49. Braun0

Braun0

I tried edited the bool "allow_game_input" in "game_uGUI" to the opposite of what it was for the pause menu and nothing changed:

public void Pause()
    {
    if (my_game_master)
    my_game_master.Gui_sfx(my_game_master.tap_sfx);

if (in_pause)
    {
    in_pause = false;
    allow_game_input = true; //defaulttrue
    play_screen.gameObject.SetActive(true);
    Time.timeScale = 1;
    pause_screen.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    Mark_this_button(null);
    }
    else
    {
    in_pause = true;
    allow_game_input = true; //default false
    play_screen.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    pause_screen.gameObject.SetActive(true);
    Time.timeScale = 0;

Mark_this_button(pause_screen_target_button);
    }

}

Is this what you were referring to?

I am using a custom PlayerController/CameraRig that is a prefab from Oculus (because it needs to have two camera's for the stereoscopic VR). I added this PlayerController/CameraRig to your "home" scene and that works perfectly fine with the home scene menu system. AllI had to do was change the Home_Canvas -> Render Mode to World space. Actually, in the home scene the d-pad does NOT move the player at all, only the cursor to different icons. So there is some code being used in the home scene that is disabling/blocking the character movement and using the d-pad for menu navigation.

50. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

No, I'm say keep the allow_game_input as default in game_uGUI" and add a condition in your character controller that refer to it.

Find something like in your character script:

void update()
    {
    //original code stuff
    }

and change it in this way:

public game_uGUI my_game_uGUI;

void update()
    {
    if (my_game_uGUI.allow_game_input)
    {
    //original code stuff
    }
    }

I don't have this script, but I tested it with the standard unity character controller and it work. Try Edit > Project setting > Script execution order and put your script after the execution of manage_menu_uGUI.
    Compare also your character script with the standard unity character controller to see if there are some critical difference in how they handle input. Or also, keep the standard unity character controller to move the player, delete his camera and put in it the camera of your oculus controller in it.