Search Unity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Jun 13, 2013.

1. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit: now in two version!

Demo:
    https://aureusinteractive.github.io/Demo/MenuKitWebDemo/index.html

Asset store:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/menu-starter-kit-for-mobile-and-desktop-8572

With this kit you have, ready to use:
    - A home screen
    - A credit screen
    - A end screen
    - A logo start screen for unity not pro
    - A stage screen with slide control
    - A world screen with slide control
    - A simple save system for scores and stage advancement
    - An in game pause icon
    - A pause screen
    - A lose and a win screen with score animation
    - A set of icons
    - A system to manage game music and GUI sfx
    - And much more, see asset store page for the latest news

Other features:
    - C# code annotated
    - Texture atlas (so you can create your GUI themes easily)
    - Easily expandable
    - support multiple resolution ratio (iphone 4 and 5, android, win8phone and blackberry) - Ico tap animation
    - Allow menu navigation with device button
    - 2 example scenes
    - Visual step by step tutorial

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/menu-starter-kit-for-mobile-and-desktop-8572

I hope it will be useful for you! :D

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    rtpgames likes this.
  2. imtrobin

imtrobin

3. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll add it soon.

4. markofjohnson

markofjohnson

iPhone 5? Retina? iPads? Small Android phones 320x480?
    Thanks.

5. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I buil it on a ipod 4 retina and test it also with no-retina resolution (320x480). For both resolutions the kit is ready to use, instead for different screen ratio you need to adjust the gui element positions a little.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  6. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Here: DEMO

7. VectorNector

VectorNector

Hey, can you use Unity's GUI?

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

9. VectorNector

VectorNector

Is it compatible with NGUI? Thank you for the feedback!

10. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

It is independent form it: It don't need NGUI and it don't conflict whit NGUI. So if you want use this Mobile Menu Starter Kit and NGUI for other purpose in same project you can (you must only reserve a layer for the Mobile Menu Starter Kit).

11. VectorNector

VectorNector

Sweet, I appreciate you explaining that before I make a purchase. Thank you so much!

12. umar_farooq

umar_farooq

Hello,
    I have purchased Mobile Menu Starter Kit, But Now i want use my own icon(help,sound back icons etc). But you have used Atlas. Please, let me know which tool you have used to create Atlas?

13. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I have only put together the icons manually with a simple image editor. To use your icon, open the two texture atlas in a image editor and put your icon in place of the original.

Here the precise spacing:

14. imtrobin

imtrobin

can u provide apk demo. Also, in your current demo. when I try to go the next level, it does not work.

15. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll add it soon.

In demo there are only two levels; so from 1 to 2 " go the next level" work (look at the cubes position) and when you win the level 2 the next button not go to level 3 because not exist.

16. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

17. imtrobin

imtrobin

your apk demo does not scale properly on samsung note 2, some parts at edges are cut off.

18. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Read this previous post:

So the actual version (1.3) not have auto-scaling for different screen ratio. Is ready for 320x480 and 640×960, other ratio requires manual edit. I call it "starter kit" and not "engine", because require some edit in case like this.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  19. imtrobin

imtrobin

means I have to deploy different apks? I might as well use NGUI to build one then.

20. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Or one app with an if condition at the start that open a different scene home menu depending on the resolution checked out.

21. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

the next version (1.4) will support automatic gui scale for 320x480, 640×960, 720x1280 and 640 x 1136 (and will be easy add more ratios).

22. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit - 1.5 is ready in asset store. Now it support different screen ratio.

23. imtrobin

imtrobin

demo updated?

24. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

The apk demo yes. The online demo not because you don't can change resolution in browser.

Now, at the start, the kit change camera orthographic settings in relation to screen ratio. And you can add more screen ratio supported with a couple of code lines.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  25. imtrobin

imtrobin

bug. When I'm in level 2 and close Lose, Level 2 is still locked.

26. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Thank you for your report. I'll fix it soon and I'll add and end screen too. So the game wrapper will be complete.

27. zerobits

zerobits

I have similar bugs, level 2 always appears locked. If you have more than 2 levels, say 5, winning through will unlock 3, instead of 2, and 4 instead of 3 etc.

Not clear on how save states work either yet, hopefully that will become more apparent as I explore.

Cheers

28. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Save state run through an array when win screen appears. The bug is a result of an one place count error: save stage_2 and unlock stage 3 instead of save stage 3 and unlock state 4. If you don't want to wait the next asset update, you can fix it:

1- open "stage_master" script
    2- find public void Victory()
    3- in it change every [n_stage] in [n_stage-1] and the only [n_stage+1] in [n_stage]

This will fix the save. Now you must reset the old savestates so,

1- open home scene
    2- select manage audio
    3- change the value of total_stages with another
    4- run the editor play mode
    5- stop the editor play mode
    6- put again the correct value in total_stages

This because, to avoid count array error when you change the total number of stages, the kit reset the savestate if the total if different from the last save.

29. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit - 1.55 is ready in asset store with bug fixed, new screen ratios support and a end screen.

30. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit - 1.6 in upload, now with menu navigation through device button.

31. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit - 1.6 is ready in asset store!

32. Rock-Soft

Rock-Soft

Hey!

Just recently bought this on the Asset Store. It is definitely going to save me a ton of time so thank you for creating it. It's also pretty easy to understand for a new developer like myself.

The 1 thing I'd love to see changed though is a tiered menu system. I think it's great that there's a way to scroll through any amount of levels but many games such as "Where's My Water" or "Angry Birds" have different themed areas that you can choose that then take you to the levels within those themed areas. It would be great if you could create something similar because it's something I believe most users would really ideally want to use. Just having a bunch of stages without having a way to choose the area for those stages makes this a bit hard to use out of the box without some serious changes to the scripting.

Thanks for considering!

33. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'm glad that you like it. You could add your User Review in asset store about this, if you want.
    I'll put your request in to-do list.

34. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit - 1.7 with world screen will be ready soon :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  35. Rock-Soft

Rock-Soft

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thank you.

36. elijahrockshout

elijahrockshout

How do I set up the Mobile Menu Starter Kit for landscape devices like tablets? Thanks! And great job on this terrific asset!

37. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I don't have a tablet so I not have find a premade solution for these. About automatic-generated menu stage menu, you can change the values of row, columns and spacing in inspector pannel; for other screen, just move the incons until its have a good position for you. You can also look in game_master script and add new screen ratio if you need.

38. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Mobile Menu Starter Kit - 1.7 now with world screen is ready in asset store

39. eduardevils

eduardevils

Please yo have a video tutorial for a better aplication of your menu kit, for any game like a example.

Thanks, for all

40. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Look at this:
    View attachment $Tutorial.pdf

41. tobias

tobias

Could you by any chance make a tutorial on how to implement it to your current game?
    I renamed my scenes like you said, W1_Stage_1/2/3 etc, but once I build it, I get to home, press start button, it loads my game (scene W1_Stage_1) and I can play it, but there is no GUI (no pause or credits button) and when I complete the scene and load next scene it just gets white and doesn't load, no errors... The next scene is named W1_Stage_2. (I think it's because of my scripts loading level_2 instead of W1_Stage_2, so my questions is: How do I implement it with this kit and your scripts?
    Also how do I get GUI on my own made scenes?

When I try the ones you made (red and green cube scenes) it works very well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  42. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

About stages:
    In Home scene > manage_audio have you set the variable total_stage_in_world_n with the same number of worlds and stages that you have?
    and every your stage have a game_gui prefab with Stage_master children prefab with the variable n_word and n_stage that match with your stage name? Example, if is stage: W1_Stage_2, then: n_word = 1 and n_stage = 2

About credits:
    In Home scene > manage_menu see if the variable Ico_credits and screen_credis are filled as in the example?

43. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Another thing. If you have game_gui in your stage, but you don't see the gui, then check the variable "camera_game" in stage_master. In this variable you must put your main game camera. Also, when play test the game in unity, start the game from home scene, not directly from the stage scene (like W1_Stage_1) because the statics variable are initiate and keep alive by the prefab "manage_audio" in home scene.

44. tobias

tobias

Thanks, it was the game_gui prefab missing from the scenes. The thing now is that when I complete a level (scene) it automatically loads next level (my script loads it), so there is no "win_screen" scene between the levels, which means that no levels are getting unlocked as you complete any level.
    Do you know how to implement the same "win_screen" functions and save/unlock in my scenes as they were on yours?
    I tried parsing this code in the checkpoint script (checkpoint is when the cube in my scene reaches goal - like when you press the green cube in yours)
    http://i.imgur.com/5umMN5H.png
    But I get this error when the cube reaches the checkpoint:

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable stage_master_obj of 'Game' has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the stage_master_obj variable of the Game script in the inspector.

Pause-menu and all the buttons there (like restart etc) works like they should.

Great kit btw, and great support from you! :)

45. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

1- add this varible in your script:

public GameObject stage_master_obj;

like in the green cube script

2- click on game_gui prefab in your scene, find the "Stage_master" children prefab in it and drag and drop in in the "public GameObject stage_master_obj" that you have just created in your script.

Thanks you.
    If you are "Umar Farooq" from the review in asset store, consider to update you judgment in consideration of the support.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  46. tobias

tobias

I am not umar but I wrote a review in asset store now. :)

What do you mean by "drag and drop"?
    Some pics of how it looks right now:
    http://i.imgur.com/7VPrAi3.png
    http://i.imgur.com/yZL677H.png

47. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Thanks! :eek:

I mean click "Stage_master" prefab in "game_gui" in your scene and, keeping click it, move in over the variable "stage_master_obj" that appear in the inspector panel of your script.

Like as the green cube in the example. If you open the example scene, click on the cube, and click on Stage_master in inspector script "Call_win_and_lose", you will see that "Stage_master" prefab in "gui_prefab" become yellow. Same thing must happen in your script if you have drag and drop it properly.

48. tobias

tobias

Alright, I did that and I still get the error:

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable stage_master_obj of 'Game' has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the stage_master_obj variable of the Game script in the inspector.
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent (System.String type)
    Game.CheckGame () (at Assets/Cirapp/Scripts/Game.cs:55)
    CheckPoint.OnTriggerEnter (UnityEngine.Collider collider) (at Assets/Cirapp/Scripts/CheckPoint.cs:17)

In my game you are gonna get a object on top of the checkpoint (checkpoint.cs) and when it is on top of it a "level completed" text appears and the game loads another level. I want it to show the level completed text, but after that the win_screen should appear and you load next level from there (same procedure as when you click on the green cube in your scene).

From game.cs: http://i.imgur.com/Td6d7Ko.png

49. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

It seem that the variable "public GameObject stage_master_obj" non are filled.
    Try this: in the same script put in void Start() this code:
    Code (csharp):
    2. stage_master_obj = GameObject.Find("Stage_master");

So you must put the code green cube like after your - "level completed" text appears - code.

50. tobias

tobias

Works like a charm!
    No other problems with your script - pure awesomeness. Thank you! :D